ECT WHY THE PHRASE " MID-ACTS " ???

DAN P

Hi to all and I use to call myself Mid-Acts , long ago !!

And some Grace assemblies use this Phrase , why ?

Many Acts 9 people have Capitulated , there by allowing all those that are Acts 2 so-called dispensationalist , Acts 11 and Acts 13 and Acts 28 people a place to worship .

Our assembly at one time had Acts 2 , 9 , 13 , and 28 at our assembly and all Mid-Acts , is an Umbrella , for all the above .

The biggest group , other than Acts 9 is Acts 13 SKATING around without PROOF .

They quote Acts 13:2 as proof as if that is the beginning of the Preaching of the Gospel of Grace !!

Acts 13 1 shows that the Message of Grace was revealed to SAUL / PAUL and Paul just waited around to be called to his ministry , not so !!
Paul separated to Grace in Rom 1:1 , which reads , Paul , a Slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle , HAVING BEEN SEPARATED , for God's Gospel !!

The Greek word SEPARATED / APHROZIO is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood !

This means when Paul was SEPARATED from his mother's WOMB , Gal 1:15 , Paul was separated and the it is a Continuous Action in Present Time to only preach the Gospel of God .

The Passive Voice means that it is God doing the action of that separation .

The Indicative Mood , means it is a FACT !!

#1 , Paul was saved by Grace Gal 1:15

#2 , Paul was the PROTO / FIRST , 1 Tin 1:15 and 16 .

#3 , Paul was inducted into the Body of Christ PROTO / FIRST , 1 Cor 12:13

#4 , Only Paul was called an apostle of Grace

DAN P

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all and I use to call myself Mid-Acts , long ago !!

And some Grace assemblies use this Phrase , why ?

Many Acts 9 people have Capitulated , there by allowing all those that are Acts 2 so-called dispensationalist , Acts 11 and Acts 13 and Acts 28 people a place to worship .

Our assembly at one time had Acts 2 , 9 , 13 , and 28 at our assembly and all Mid-Acts , is an Umbrella , for all the above .

The biggest group , other than Acts 9 is Acts 13 SKATING around without PROOF .

They quote Acts 13:2 as proof as if that is the beginning of the Preaching of the Gospel of Grace !!

Acts 13 1 shows that the Message of Grace was revealed to SAUL / PAUL and Paul just waited around to be called to his ministry , not so !!
Paul separated to Grace in Rom 1:1 , which reads , Paul , a Slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle , HAVING BEEN SEPARATED , for God's Gospel !!

The Greek word SEPARATED / APHROZIO is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood !

This means when Paul was SEPARATED from his mother's WOMB , Gal 1:15 , Paul was separated and the it is a Continuous Action in Present Time to only preach the Gospel of God .

The Passive Voice means that it is God doing the action of that separation .

The Indicative Mood , means it is a FACT !!

#1 , Paul was saved by Grace Gal 1:15

#2 , Paul was the PROTO / FIRST , 1 Tin 1:15 and 16 .

#3 , Paul was inducted into the Body of Christ PROTO / FIRST , 1 Cor 12:13

#4 , Only Paul was called an apostle of Grace

DAN P

I fought that point early here on TOL, i asked why mid-acts ? why isn't it the whole NT and OT. let's talk about this present"dispensation" no matter how or when we arrived in the here and now. i'm not knocking study, it's the needless, fruitless debating and claims of fact as to who started what. we know the Word of God, why argue about exactly when Grace was preached or revealed first ?

initially, spirited debates are informative and positive, then digress into nit-picking. i have seen many good threads die because nobody can keep it on the OP. certain folks attack and disrupt other folks causing a chain reaction; a wave that never stops -

View attachment 20005

DAN P

I fought that point early here on TOL, i asked why mid-acts ? why isn't it the whole NT and OT. let's talk about this present"dispensation" no matter how or when we arrived in the here and now. i'm not knocking study, it's the needless, fruitless debating and claims of fact as to who started what. we know the Word of God, why argue about exactly when Grace was preached or revealed first ?

initially, spirited debates are informative and positive, then digress into nit-picking. i have seen many good threads die because nobody can keep it on the OP. certain folks attack and disrupt other folks causing a chain reaction; a wave that never stops -

View attachment 20005

Hi , and what many have not seen , that the apostles , even those of today are made a a THEATER TO THE WORLD /KOSMOS or mankind and Angels and to men as referenced in 1 Cor 4:9 !!

I wonder if the angels are getting a lot of Laughs ??

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and what many have not seen , that the apostles , even those of today are made a a THEATER TO THE WORLD /KOSMOS or mankind and Angels and to men as referenced in 1 Cor 4:9 !!

I wonder if the angels are getting a lot of Laughs ??

dan p

i think Mark Twain said " there's no laughter in heaven, because there are no tears" or something like that -

Interplanner

The thing I notice most about the mid-Acts people is that it is the pursuit of a perfect system. You have to find things between every line you read. I don't think theology is an exact science.

Danoh

View attachment 20005

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4415257#post4415257

Interplanner

There are many passages that show how amateur MAD is but one that comes to mind this morning is the Jn 6 debate about 'eating his flesh and drinking his blood.' I really doubt they would not have the reaction they had if he was not speaking of his sacrifice ahead of time. Ie, the same and wonderful Gospel.

Jerry Shugart

I fought that point early here on TOL, i asked why mid-acts ? why isn't it the whole NT and OT. let's talk about this present"dispensation" no matter how or when we arrived in the here and now.

Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

The present dispensation began when the dispensational responsibility was first exercised by Paul. And since the following verse is speaking about Paul's gospel we can know that the present dispensation did not begin until he began to preach that gospel to Gentiles:

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being" (Gal.1:15-16).​

I believe that Paul first preached the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles here:

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:46-48).​

After an examination of all the evidence I can only conclude that the present "dispensation of the grace of God" began at Acts 13.

SaulToPaul 2

There are many passages that show how amateur MAD is but one that comes to mind this morning is the Jn 6 debate about 'eating his flesh and drinking his blood.' I really doubt they would not have the reaction they had if he was not speaking of his sacrifice ahead of time. Ie, the same and wonderful Gospel.

Whether they understood or not, the Passover was not a sacrifice for sin.

The gospel of Christ, however, is: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

Interplanner

The gospel of Christ, however, is: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

How do you know? It is for eternal life--the life of the messianic age. It is 'eaten' by faith, not by works. Because the Father already approved entirely of the work of the Son.

Are you trying to protect a proto-Gospel or another Gospel of some kind?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How do you know? It is for eternal life--the life of the messianic age. It is 'eaten' by faith, not by works. Because the Father already approved entirely of the work of the Son.

don't mess with STPasquatch

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know what you mean.
The Passover was not for sin.

DAN P

The thing I notice most about the mid-Acts people is that it is the pursuit of a perfect system. You have to find things between every line you read. I don't think theology is an exact science.

Hi and when you see this phrase " it is written " and is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood of Fact and God has never made a mistake in the SPOKEN word or in the WRITTEN WORD , and your comments are MOOT !!

The Original Autographs are perfect and Translation have many errors !!

DAN P

Last edited:

DAN P

Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

The present dispensation began when the dispensational responsibility was first exercised by Paul. And since the following verse is speaking about Paul's gospel we can know that the present dispensation did not begin until he began to preach that gospel to Gentiles:

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being" (Gal.1:15-16).​

I believe that Paul first preached the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles here:

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:46-48).​

After an examination of all the evidence I can only conclude that the present "dispensation of the grace of God" began at Acts 13.

Hi and many miss 1 Tim 1:4 the Greek word EDIFYING is NOT in the Greek text , BUT the Greek word DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA is in the TEXT , check and see !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Having been to a few in the past, I can say they didn't view it as a sacrifice, but deliverance. I point out the foreshadowing and it is quiet for a while. :plain:

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We say Mid Acts, because it is well after Acts 2 (Acts 9) that Body begins.

Danoh

We say Mid Acts, because it is well after Acts 2 (Acts 9) that Body begins.

That's about it, Nick. Simply and perfectly put.

Would that it settle this.

But "that" is not what "this" is about for some - neurosis never is.