ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
I go against Protestants.

You are against Catholics AND Protestants, that much is clear.

Here's a story I read:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said,"My son, the battle between two wolves is inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Please don't feed the wrong wolf.

Now, GT, I think you are in pain from your mother's death and what you told us about the last rites et al. Just know that we do actually love you and I for one will pray for you tonight, that God blesses you greatly.

Go in peace :)

God's Truth

When you contemplate the mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary, you contemplate both Jesus and Mary together. Each time one prays a Hail Mary, he honors Mary ("Blessed art thou among women!") and sings a song of praise to Jesus ("Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus!"). Through the Hail Mary, Mary became the mother of God. Through the Hail Mary, God became a man, was born in a manger, etc. All of the miracles of grace have been won for us through the Hail Mary.

Remember: it was the angel Gabriel who first prayed a Hail Mary, and St. Elizabeth, inspired by the Holy Ghost Himself, was the second.

I repeat my previous answer: you cannot have Jesus without Mary. If you will have Jesus, then you must have Him through Mary. And Mary, in turn, points us to Jesus. In having one, you must have both.

Catholics teach us to pray to Mary and the other “Saints”. However, there is only one Mediator between God and man, and that is Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5. It is wrong to pray to Mary. It is wrong to say the Rosary. Catholics even teach that we should pray to Saints, but we are not to pray to Saints. We can ask others to pray for us, but we are not to pray to others.

Catholics pray to Mary and ask her to go to Jesus with their request. They also do this with the Catholic saints.

When a person is saved…they have Jesus living inside them. They are reconciled to God.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12.

Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. Romans 8:27.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

We do NOT go through Mary and Saints to get to Jesus and God! I hope you really do carefully consider these scriptures.

Catholic Popes teach Catholics to elevate Mary. There is no such command in the Bible, nor are there any examples of such an act in the Bible. Mary would not want to be exalted in such a way. In fact, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” See Luke 11:27-28. Does that sound like Jesus wanted Mary exalted to the level that the Catholic Church has exalted her? No. Someone told Jesus, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.” Jesus replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” See Luke 8:20-21. Does it sound like Jesus wants us to elevate and worship his mother? No!

God's Truth

Please don't feed the wrong wolf.

Now, GT, I think you are in pain from your mother's death and what you told us about the last rites et al. Just know that we do actually love you and I for one will pray for you tonight, that God blesses you greatly.

Go in peace :)

Thank you for your comfort that you are trying to give, but I am trying to give you a Greater Comfort. I do love you that is why I bother posting at all. God has blessed me greatly. I have a powerful testimony.

I have peace, the peace that comes from the knowledge of the Lord.

I want you to know the Lord better, please give me a chance. Please consider what I am saying, it is scripture.

God's Truth

You are against Catholics AND Protestants, that much is clear.

Here's a story I read:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said,"My son, the battle between two wolves is inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Don't be afraid to listen to what I have to say, it is scripture.

How do you think God can blame you for doing what His written Word says?

Do not rely on the Catholic church.

Even Solomon born to David had to search for God on his own.

We search for God by getting Jesus' teachings.

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

See John 14:21 NET, and 23.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no idea what you are saying. I was just wondering who the busybody was here.
AMR has concerned himself with things that have nothing to do with God, just like his Calvinistic doctrines.
Er, no. I just think posters should know the gender of the person they are replying to, especially when they use words like "dude" and "man" when replying to a woman.

AMR

Cruciform

The Church is true worshipers who worship in spirit and in truth. That is neither you nor the Catholic church.
You failed to answer the question. Here it is again:
"'All who do not speak according to the written word' as authoritatively and bindingly interpreted by whom--- [1] Christ's one historic Church (Magisterium), or [2] you?"​
What you say is rebuked by the Lord in His written Word.
You do not speak according to the scriptures.
Again: why should anyone care about your personal opinions regarding the supposed meaning of the Bible? Do you possess some sort of binding doctrinal authority that we should all know about? :think:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

You failed to answer the question. Here it is again:
"'All who do not speak according to the written word' as authoritatively and bindingly interpreted by whom--- [1] Christ's one historic Church (Magisterium), or [2] you?"​

Again: why should anyone care about your personal opinions regarding the supposed meaning of the Bible? Do you possess some sort of binding doctrinal authority that we should all know about? :think:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

What I am showing you is what is written.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
It is beyond pathetic for you to try to make Calvinistic converts out of Catholics.

I don't think that was in the Christian spirit. Play nice.

Ask Mr Religion, I am taking you off ignore and hope we can agree to disagree brother.
I aplogise for any offense I may have caused you in the thread :)

God's Truth

I don't think that was in the Christian spirit. Play nice.

Ask Mr Religion, I am taking you off ignore and hope we can agree to disagree brother.
I aplogise for any offense I may have caused you in the thread :)

Stop trying to judge me. You are not my judge.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Stop trying to judge me. You are not my judge.

You know what? Look to the left at my profile picture. Under it is a little phrase about learning, 'I'm here to learn'...(my motto.)

I'll just leave you with this, it's the rest of it:

I've learned-*That you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.*

I've learned-*That it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it. That it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.*I've learned -*That you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you better know something. That you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do. That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.*

I've learned-*That it's taking me a long time to become the person that I want to be. That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.*I've learned-*That you can keep going long after you can't. That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.*I've learned-*That either you control your attitude or it controls you. That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is a first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

*I've learned-*That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences. That money is a lousy way of keeping score.*I've learned-*That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time. That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the ones to help you get back up.*I've learned-*That sometimes when I get angry I have the right to be angry, but it doesn't give me the right to be cruel. That true friendship continues to grow over the longest distance, and the same goes for true love.*
I've learned-*That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.*I've learned-*That you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating, and what tragedy it would be if they believed it. That no matter how good your friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while, and you must forgive them for that.*I've learned-*That it isn't always good enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you must learn to forgive yourself. That no matter how bad a heart is broken; the world doesn't stop for your grief.*

I've learned-*That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for whom we become. That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean that they don't love each other, and just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.*I've learned-*That we don't have to change friends, if we understand that friends change. That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.*

I've learned-*That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you. That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.*I've learned-*That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.*¢¾that the people you care about the most in life are taken from you too soon ¢¾

*I've learned-*That it's hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting someone's feelings or standing up for what you believe. That no matter what happens to me on earth or how much my faith falters, God's faith in me never dwindles or fails.*

I've learned-*That life's lessons never end and wisdom can always be passed on.

- Susane Pieffer

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
You know what? Look to the left at my profile picture. Under it is a little phrase about learning, 'I'm here to learn'...(my motto.)

I've learned-*That you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.*

I've learned-*That it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it. That it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.*I've learned -*That you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you better know something. That you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do. That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.*

I've learned-*That it's taking me a long time to become the person that I want to be. That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.*I've learned-*That you can keep going long after you can't. That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.*I've learned-*That either you control your attitude or it controls you. That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is a first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

*I've learned-*That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences. That money is a lousy way of keeping score.*I've learned-*That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time. That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the ones to help you get back up.*I've learned-*That sometimes when I get angry I have the right to be angry, but it doesn't give me the right to be cruel. That true friendship continues to grow over the longest distance, and the same goes for true love.*
I've learned-*That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.*I've learned-*That you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating, and what tragedy it would be if they believed it. That no matter how good your friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while, and you must forgive them for that.*I've learned-*That it isn't always good enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you must learn to forgive yourself. That no matter how bad a heart is broken; the world doesn't stop for your grief.*

I've learned-*That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for whom we become. That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean that they don't love each other, and just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.*I've learned-*That we don't have to change friends, if we understand that friends change. That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.*

I've learned-*That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you. That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.*I've learned-*That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.*¢¾that the people you care about the most in life are taken from you too soon ¢¾

*I've learned-*That it's hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting someone's feelings or standing up for what you believe. That no matter what happens to me on earth or how much my faith falters, God's faith in me never dwindles or fails.*

- Susane Pieffer

And I have discovered the path I am taking is God's will for my life. I relish the journey ahead and am thankful for God's grace in allowing me to experience His kindness and love.
This thread has been great, I have learnt and laughed, been messaged by many kind people and supported.
I will not be contributing much now, my journey ahead will keep me busy.
I sincerely hope this thread continues on and that many continue to debatevthis fantastic issue.
God bless you all and thank you all for your input! :)

Now, keep debating folks!!

Cruciform

Call no man 'father', we are brothers.
Addressed here and here.

Only one mediator between God and man, and it is not Mary.
Addressed here here, and here.

Do not bow to the works of your hands.
Addressed here, here, and here.

Do not take the seat of most importance. The Catholic's pope takes the seat of most importance.
Addressed here and here.

Nowhere does the scriptures say to do a sign of the cross...
The Scriptures do not instruct us to pray...? :think:

In any case, see this, this, and this.

...and mix water and salt and make "holy water".
Please cite the biblical text which states that Christians are restricted in their actions ONLY to the explicit propositions of the Bible.

Also, see this.

Nowhere does God say to pray to anyone besides Jesus.
Addressed here, here, and here.

How many things are okay for you to do that God says not to do?
The very same can be asked of Protestants, who promote and practice such wholly unbiblical and corrupt traditions of men as, for example sola scriptura and sola fide.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

What I am showing you is what is written.
...applied according to the preferred interpretations that you have inevitably derived from your chosen man-made non-Catholic sect (tradition).

Once again, you failed to actually answer the posted question:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Just believe what is plainly written.
There are more than 50,000 non-Catholic denominations and sects in existence today, and every member of every one of those sects claims---just as loudly and confidently as you are here---that he "believes what is plainly written." What makes all of those other interpretations which differ from yours any less authoritative than your own? Why should your interpretations be followed over anyone else's in Protestantism? :think:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

- Susane Pieffer

All I care about is God's Truth.

Cruciform

You have stated this in the past and my response has not changed:
Neither has mine.

In any event, I would point out that nothing you have said here in any way alters---much less refutes---the points made in Post #656 above. Your transparent Red Herring, however, is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Dona Bate

Listen to Jesus.
If you would be so kind as to send me the radio frequency that you are listening to Jesus broadcasting on? I will then add it to 50,000 + (1,600 large radio organization's in the US alone) protestant sects and their frequencys, plus each individual member of those sects frequencys. Which btw, are ALL broadcasting a different message at any one time on any one particular point in scripture.

I reckon that I will need a billion or so radio's as you say, to: 'Listen to Jesus', 1.5 billion at most to be sure, to be sure.

My biggest fear is that when I finally have them all set up and ignite the BIG switch on..., the only message I will hear from all of those who say that they too are 'Listening to Jesus' will be a cathastropic earth shattering noise full of garbage which will cause me to keel over and at the very best go completely deaf. Thereafter, I will remain maimed and broken, absolutely and positively unable to listen to Jesus on this earth forever more. (That is aside from the unrealistic trillions in monatary costs, time which I don't have -a couple of hundred years plus?-,a neuclear energy plant needed to run 1- 1.5 billion radio's, not forgetting the logistics in setting up this massive project you seem to be suggesting for me to 'Listen to Jesus').

Mmm... What to do?

:think: :think: :think:

Ok!

Thanks all the same but don't bother sending me your own particular 'Listen to Jesus' radio frequency.... I think I will stick with my own trusty! tried! original! traditional! broadcaster. Though very old the signal and the message is still realible as ever and it doesn't numb my brain and blow my ears off! It hasnt changed neither, on earth nor in Heaven as the Proprietor has guaranteed!

Anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that for Christian's in the True Church there is absolutely no need to listen to over a billion radio's blaring out contradictory messages to 'Listen to Jesus' One and only Truth. That's just plain as the nose on your face.... Ridiculous!*

God Bless!

Ps: TV and Internet? Don't even go there!