Why No One Has Been Predestinated

theophilus

The "What If" does not mean that is what God does.

It's exactly what God does...

2 Peter 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

From Romans 9:22 "endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?"

One of His attributes and one of the fruits of the Spirit is patience/long-suffering Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

And God does exactly as He pleases.

His patience is THE opportunity for everyone to come to the repentance that leads to salvation, 2 Cor. 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Maybe He is patiently waiting for you?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's exactly what God does...

2 Peter 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

From Romans 9:22 "endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?"

One of His attributes and one of the fruits of the Spirit is patience/long-suffering Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

And God does exactly as He pleases.

His patience is THE opportunity for everyone to come to the repentance that leads to salvation, 2 Cor. 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Maybe He is patiently waiting for you?

God's sovereignty does not override his holy, Just, merciful, righteous nature.

To believe in Calvinism means that you must believe that God is unjust, unmerciful and delights in sending multitudes to hell. The Bible does not support that kind of thinking.

The God of the Bible, "So loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son" He is nothing like the God of Calvinism.

It is not humanly possible to believe and have faith in the unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God of Calvinism.

To believe that God sends people to hell before they are born is blasphemy against God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit.

theophilus

To believe in Calvinism means that you must believe that God is unjust, unmerciful and delights in sending multitudes to hell. The Bible does not support that kind of thinking.

The God of the Bible, "So loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son" He is nothing like the God of Calvinism.

It is not humanly possible to believe and have faith in the unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God of Calvinism.

To believe that God sends people to hell before they are born is blasphemy against God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit.

Please show the post where I said I believed all of those things.

Take your time.

beloved57

You believe that God is unjust and unmerciful, punishing in hell sinners Christ died for already. That's unjust. Its like our double jeopardy law.

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe that God is unjust and unmerciful, punishing in hell sinners Christ died for already. That's unjust. Its like our double jeopardy law.

More false accusations.

You and you alone, are responsible for your salvation. Don't try to blame John Calvin or God when you go to hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't you teach that sinners Christ died for, was made a curse for, shall yet die in their sins in unbelief ? Yes or No?

I suppose that when you go into the judgment and find out that you are wrong, you will try to blame John Calvin.

John Calvin is not responsible for your salvation, you are.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
More false accusations.

You and you alone, are responsible for your salvation. Don't try to blame John Calvin or God when you go to hell.

Robert, please consider how far away your statements are from what Jesus Himself has said; just as an indication to you that something is wrong.

You and you alone, are responsible for your salvation.

Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. John 6:65KJV

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44KJV

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. John 12:40KJV

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, please consider how far away your statements are from what Jesus Himself has said; just as an indication to you that something is wrong.

Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. John 6:65KJV

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44KJV

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. John 12:40KJV

God does not blind anyones eyes to the truth of the Gospel unless they first blind themselves. If he did that he would be unjust.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some come, some don't.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem you kill the prophets and stone them that are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings and YOU WOULD NOT. Behold, your house is left unto you as desolate" Matthew 23:37, 38.

There is the Spirit of God and Christ.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
God does not blind anyones eyes to the truth of the Gospel unless they first blind themselves. If he did that he would be unjust.

People are blind to the Gospel at birth Robert. They don't need to blind themselves - they are already blind. That is their default position because of original sin. They can't blind themselves any more than they already are. They are totally incapable of seeing any truth at all. We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners.

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Cor 4:4KJV

"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ." 2Co 3:14KJV

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8KJV

Robert Pate

Banned
People are blind to the Gospel at birth Robert. They don't need to blind themselves - they are already blind. That is their default position because of original sin. They can't blind themselves any more than they already are. They are totally incapable of seeing any truth at all. We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners.

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Cor 4:4KJV

"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ." 2Co 3:14KJV

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8KJV

God is not responsible for any ones salvation. Salvation is available to all who want to be saved.

Paul said that they are without an excuse. I agree with Paul, Romans 1:18-20.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
God is not responsible for any ones salvation.

The Word of God said:
Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah. Ps. 3:8KJV
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. Ps. 18:46KJV
And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation. Ps. 35:9KJV
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. Ps. 37:39KJV
Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation. Ps. 85:7KJV
Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. Ps. 96:2KJV
The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Isa 52:10KJV
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness...Isa 61:10KJV
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lam 3:26KJV
But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. Jon 2:9 KJV
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Hab 3:18

Ben Masada

These are tests to see if we will follow the Lord to the end and believe what He says, even if it means giving up on preconceived notions of who He is and what His purposes are. He takes responsibility for all life that comes into the world, and for the souls attached to them. He is the one who knows what to do. Ours is only to trust that the words He gives are true and are meant not to lead us astray.

No one has a soul attached to him or her. When the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, he became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7) To become is to be be. So, we don't have souls attached to us but we are souls ourselves. Each one of us is a soul. Soul is the combination of a body with the breath of life. At death, man goes back to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it. The breath of life can be called a spirit because it means life to man.

Robert Pate

Banned
No one has a soul attached to him or her. When the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, he became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7) To become is to be be. So, we don't have souls attached to us but we are souls ourselves. Each one of us is a soul. Soul is the combination of a body with the breath of life. At death, man goes back to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it. The breath of life can be called a spirit because it means life to man.

No, everything goes into the grave and will be resurrected when Christ appears, 1 Corinthians 15:50-58.