Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

RCLady

There are Jews who do accept Jesus Christ.

The Miraculous Conversion of Alphonse Ratisbonne:
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery....nversion-of-alphonse-ratisbonne/#.VhgO8itvp-w

C021_Ratisbonnes.jpg

Both Alphonse and his brother accepted Jesus Christ, converted, became priests, and died peacefully in Christ.

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

Jews do not accept Jesus Christ because they are antichrist.

1 John 2:22 – “Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, who denieth the Father, and the Son.”

1 John 2:23 - "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father. He that confesseth the Son, hath the Father also."

John 8:24: - “For if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sin.”

Lady, I am sory to have to remind you that you missed verses 18 and 19 when you used I John 2:22 and 23. Why am I sorry? Because the text says that the antichrists have come out from the ranks of Christianity itself. Peter must have been inspired by the truth of Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 that "The Lord goes forth to save His People aka His anointed one." The word "Christ" means anointed one of the Lord. That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord aka God's People Israel, the son of God. (Exod. 4:22,23)

Now, with regards to the conversion of Jews into Christianity, I am well aware of it. There are already about two million and a half between "Jews-for-Jesus" and "Messianic-Jews."

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I can't. He has been dead for over 2000 years and I don't believe in séances.
But you believe in prayer which is the same thing. And you Jews think God doesn't lift a finger to wake the dead. If you worshipped a God of the dead, every prayer would a séance. It almost is.

Ben Masada

But you believe in prayer which is the same thing. And you Jews think God doesn't lift a finger to wake the dead. If you worshipped a God of the dead, every prayer would a séance. It almost is.

You are absolutely mistaken. Prayer is not the same as consulting the dead as in Séance. Prayers among the Jews is to the One Who is forever alive. Never had a beginning and will never die. To pray to Jesus is something else as it is the same as to pray to the dead.

Ben Masada

Rather the question, IMHO, should be, why Christians don't accept Jesus for what he really was. The son of Joseph and Mary and a loyal Jew whose Faith was Judaism and that had come in the spirit of Moses to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter. So much so that he brought the message to listen to "Moses" aka the Law if we want to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:31)

jzeidler

Rather the question, IMHO, should be, why Christians don't accept Jesus for what he really was. The son of Joseph and Mary and a loyal Jew whose Faith was Judaism and that had come in the spirit of Moses to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter. So much so that he brought the message to listen to "Moses" aka the Law if we want to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:31)

Have you ever read the New Testament?

It's futile to have this discussion more than once with a Jew. The Old Testament is replete with prophecies of the Lord Jesus. They will look at the likes of Isaiah 53 or Psalms 22, and still just sit there, going, "Duh." You can't expect the revelation of God, that further unfolded in Jesus Christ, to be accepted by people who don't understand their own scripture when it even speaks of Him, who are blind to and refuse what are now known as fundamental things of God in their own book. The Scribes and Pharisees didn't know if they were coming or going, didn't know God when He was standing in front of them, but for perhaps Nicodemus. And in our time, how much worse can the blindness be, when we have hindsight of it all? Somebody can't add two and two, and you're going to try and explain Calculus to them? Lots of luck with that. This time is yet to come, as weird as it seems, given all the scripture, but spiritual blindness just that, weird: the Jews are going to require a heavy duty wake-up call.

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Ben Masada

It's futile to have this discussion more than once with a Jew. The Old Testament is replete with prophecies of the Lord Jesus. They will look at the likes of Isaiah 53 or Psalms 22, and still just sit there, going, "Duh." You can't expect the revelation of God, that further unfolded in Jesus Christ, to be accepted by people who don't understand their own scripture when it even speaks of Him, who are blind to and refuse what are now known as fundamental things of God in their own book. The Scribes and Pharisees didn't know if they were coming or going, didn't know God when He was standing in front of them, but for perhaps Nicodemus. And in our time, how much worse can the blindness be, when we have hindsight of it all? Somebody can't add two and two, and you're going to try and explain Calculus to them? Lots of luck with that. This time is yet to come, as weird as it seems, given all the scripture, but spiritual blindness just that, weird: the Jews are going to require a heavy duty wake-up call.

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Of course! It has to be futile. You are simply using the prophecies of the Tanach with the help of Christian preconceived notions to apply them to Jesus as if he was a Christian when he never had any thing at all to do with Christianity. He never even dreamed Christianity would ever rise.

Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus as an individual but as part of the People of Israel. If you want to understand those texts compare them with Psalm 44:10-23. What is said in the singular by Prophet Isaiah is repeated in the plural as being the whole People of Israel.

The Scribes and Pharisees knew very well what they meant when they spoke. Mind you that Jesus was of the line of the Pharisees himself. The problem of the NT with the Pharisees was only in the mind of the Hellenists former disciples of Paul who wrote the gospels. I bet you did not know that not a single Jew wrote a book in the NT. Jews would not write against the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Zechariah 12:10 is a reference to the Jews when they returned from Babylon and gathered in Jerusalem to mourn the loss of the Ten Tribes so that Judah aka the Jewish returnees could enjoy the Land of Israel for themselves alone. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Romans 11:25 is from the gospel of Paul. What could we expect of it if not the continuation of the struggle to replace the Jewish Theology?

beloved57

Of course! It has to be futile. You are simply using the prophecies of the Tanach with the help of Christian preconceived notions to apply them to Jesus as if he was a Christian when he never had any thing at all to do with Christianity. He never even dreamed Christianity would ever rise.

Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus as an individual but as part of the People of Israel. If you want to understand those texts compare them with Psalm 44:10-23. What is said in the singular by Prophet Isaiah is repeated in the plural as being the whole People of Israel.

The Scribes and Pharisees knew very well what they meant when they spoke. Mind you that Jesus was of the line of the Pharisees himself. The problem of the NT with the Pharisees was only in the mind of the Hellenists former disciples of Paul who wrote the gospels. I bet you did not know that not a single Jew wrote a book in the NT. Jews would not write against the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Zechariah 12:10 is a reference to the Jews when they returned from Babylon and gathered in Jerusalem to mourn the loss of the Ten Tribes so that Judah aka the Jewish returnees could enjoy the Land of Israel for themselves alone. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Romans 11:25 is from the gospel of Paul. What could we expect of it if not the continuation of the struggle to replace the Jewish Theology?

You ever heard of golden calf worship?

oatmeal

Not so. Belief happens. Belief is not something one chooses to believe or not to. To believe does not come by convention to believe something or something else.

Acts 13:45-48

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jews do not accept Jesus Christ because they are antichrist.

1 John 2:22 – “Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, who denieth the Father, and the Son.”

1 John 2:23 - "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father. He that confesseth the Son, hath the Father also."

John 8:24: - “For if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sin.”
John's gospel was written around the first century after Jesus's death. His community of believers were being kicked out of the synagogues and his gospel naturally reflects those conflicts between the Jews who accepted Jesus as the Messiah and those who did not.

Like you and me, John presented a Jesus that made sense to him. He wanted his readers to realize that his Jesus was on his side, not theirs.

Ben Masada

Aikido7: John's gospel was written around the first century after Jesus's death. His community of believers were being kicked out of the synagogues and his gospel naturally reflects those conflicts between the Jews who accepted Jesus as the Messiah and those who did not.

Like you and me, John presented a Jesus that made sense to him. He wanted his readers to realize that his Jesus was on his side, not theirs.

Ben Masada: Sorry Aikido, but John never wrote a word in the NT, let alone a book. John was a Jew and a Jew would never write against his own Faith which was Judaism. Besides, Luke reports about Peter and John as taken by their listeners as two uneducated men. Therefore, how could John an illiterate man be able to write a book? IMHO, the gospel attributed to him was written by a Hellenist former disciple of Paul's.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Acts 13:45-48

1 - 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

2 - 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

3 - 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

4 - 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

1 - Blaspheming! Can you show me at least one of the blasphemies made by the Jews because of Paul? Yes, because I am unable to conceive a Jew blaspheming against... wait! Against who?

2 - Wow! That's great! So Paul did decide to turn to the Gentiles! Now, please, go ahead and tell us where did he go after that decision of his? He went to the synagogues of the Jews in the city of Inconium if you read Acts 14:1. That's amazing! Tell me, was Paul crazy or an addicted alcoholic? If that was so, who could believe him
when he said that Jesus had assigned him as an apostle to the Gentiles? Well, the apostles of Jesus did not. (Acts 9:26)

3 - And who commanded him to go for the Gentiles in the synagogues of the Jews? Because all his life since his first station in Damascus and until his last one in Rome, he never left the Jews in peace. (Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17)

4 - Who was ordained to eternal life? Eternal life is a Divine attribute that belongs with HaShem only and could never be shared with man. That's the reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden; to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and live forever. Who said that the Lord changed His mind, Paul?
I wouldn't be surprised. Paul had too much power. The power to make of Jesus the Messiah, the son of God and that he had resurrected. (II Tim. 2:8; and Acts 9:20)

beloved57

1 - Blaspheming! Can you show me at least one of the blasphemies made by the Jews because of Paul? Yes, because I am unable to conceive a Jew blaspheming against... wait! Against who?

2 - Wow! That's great! So Paul did decide to turn to the Gentiles! Now, please, go ahead and tell us where did he go after that decision of his? He went to the synagogues of the Jews in the city of Inconium if you read Acts 14:1. That's amazing! Tell me, was Paul crazy or an addicted alcoholic? If that was so, who could believe him
when he said that Jesus had assigned him as an apostle to the Gentiles? Well, the apostles of Jesus did not. (Acts 9:26)

3 - And who commanded him to go for the Gentiles in the synagogues of the Jews? Because all his life since his first station in Damascus and until his last one in Rome, he never left the Jews in peace. (Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17)

4 - Who was ordained to eternal life? Eternal life is a Divine attribute that belongs with HaShem only and could never be shared with man. That's the reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden; to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and live forever. Who said that the Lord changed His mind, Paul?
I wouldn't be surprised. Paul had too much power. The power to make of Jesus the Messiah, the son of God and that he had resurrected. (II Tim. 2:8; and Acts 9:20)

Is Worship of a golden calf Idolatry? What people in the scriptures did that?

oatmeal

Many (most?) Jews (the word translated "Jews" in scripture is more accurately translated Judean) choose not to accept eternal life because they do not think themselves worthy of it.

What then are the reasons many (most) Gentiles choose not to receive the gift of eternal life?

Paul preached Christ crucified, which for Judeans is a stumbling block and for Gentiles foolishness. I Corinthians 1:24

But for those who choose to believe God's calling, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. I Corinthians 1:25

Are you suggesting that the apostle Paul was wrong to make that statement?

Ben Masada

Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Is Worship of a golden calf Idolatry? What people in the scriptures did that?

Perhaps for the same reason why Christians have murdered millions of Jews throughout History by making use of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. You are a Christian. Wasn't that true?