Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

WizardofOz

Shock poll: Democratic swing districts back wall, Trump immigration offer
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...g-districts-back-wall-trump-immigration-offer

Voters in congressional districts that President Trump won in 2016 but flipped Democratic last November support his border wall and believe Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi should have accepted his immigration deal to end the partial government shutdown.

A poll of 10 representative districts, some of which Trump won by a big margin but then voted a Democrat into office in 2018, also found that a plurality approve of the president’s job performance, 49 percent to 48 percent.
:hammer:
They interviewed a whopping 800 people in total.

And, they overwhelming felt that they should "Work to find a compromise between the two" after hearing messages supporting the border wall.

The study shows that people can be influenced by bias (look in the mirror CatholicCrusader) and the swing districts do nt back wall - that is a lie/fake news. They support a compromise.

Do you even read your own source material?

drbrumley

:hammer:
They interviewed a whopping 800 people in total.

And, they overwhelming felt that they should "Work to find a compromise between the two" after hearing messages supporting the border wall.

The study shows that people can be influenced by bias (look in the mirror CatholicCrusader) and the swing districts do nt back wall - that is a lie/fake news. They support a compromise.

Do you even read your own source material?

:chuckle: That's a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

musterion

Here's a question for y'all.

I believe Trump should immediately begin pulling all U.S. troops out of Europe, especially from Germany. Ship home all material we can use and turn the bases over to the the Euros. Which does this position make me?

a. Conservative
b. Neoconservative
c. Libertarian

drbrumley

I am as fascist as you are liberal. Weren't you just accused of being a liberal by someone in the past few days? :think:

Some people throw words around so freely they are devoid of meaning.

I know right.....it is amazing sometimes...I was accused of being a liberal. or is it liberal-tarian, something like that. It just shows people are not grounded...

drbrumley

I believe Trump should immediately begin pulling all U.S. troops out of Europe, especially from Germany. Ship home all material we can use and turn the bases over to the the Euros. Which does this position make me?

a. Conservative
b. Neoconservative
c. Libertarian

C.

BTW, I support this as well.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

a. Conservative
b. Neoconservative
c. Libertarian

Rand Paul might like that. I don't think you could classify that opinion. Its an opinion that a good argument could be made for. Good arguments can be made against it too.

My choice would be to draw down our contribution so much that the Europeans would be forced to either make up the difference with their own increased contributions or watch NATO fold. If we decided to contribute no more than Germany, could they really complain? That would put the ball in their court to fund it.

drbrumley

Rand Paul might like that. I don't think you could classify that opinion. Its an opinion that a good argument could be made for. Good arguments can be made against it too.

My choice would be to draw down our contribution so much that the Europeans would be forced to either make up the difference with their own increased contributions or watch NATO fold. If we decided to contribute no more than Germany, could they really complain? That would put the ball in their court to fund it.

B

musterion

C.

BTW, I support this as well.

(c) is correct, technically. But because my social views tend to trump (heh) my other views, and because libertarian social views tend to align more with Left than Right, I consider myself conservative. Maybe I'm some kind of hybrid.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I am as fascist as you are liberal. Weren't you just accused of being a liberal by someone in the past few days?

Some people throw words around so freely they are devoid of meaning.
I know right.....it is amazing sometimes...I was accused of being a liberal. or is it liberal-tarian, something like that. It just shows people are not grounded...

Ahhhh, the fake RINO and the fascist, good friends, two peas in a pod.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

a. Conservative
b. Neoconservative
c. Libertarian

Libertarian. But the drugs are in another room. ;)