ECT Why Christians are interested in all history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Who can compete with you anyway? See my footer.

If you can't see what you are like, that's one thing. But when you can't see that the 'new' covenant was already there, according to Christ and the apostles, I don't get it. It is 'new' to Judaism, but obviously Gal 3:8,9 were before that and were 'carrying the transition' from the wide focus in Gen 11 of the Bible to being on Israel. Not to mention the themes in Hebrews that show what was going on.

So go with another round of your self-congratulatory victory, I don't care. As a detective would say (I'm borrowing that about interp) 'there is only one explanation' to Gal 3:8-9. It is certainly not that the 'land' is a 2nd Gospel that we are supposed to affirm.

Danoh

If you can't see what you are like, that's one thing. But when you can't see that the 'new' covenant was already there, according to Christ and the apostles, I don't get it. It is 'new' to Judaism, but obviously Gal 3:8,9 were before that and were 'carrying the transition' from the wide focus in Gen 11 of the Bible to being on Israel. Not to mention the themes in Hebrews that show what was going on.

So go with another round of your self-congratulatory victory, I don't care. As a detective would say (I'm borrowing that about interp) 'there is only one explanation' to Gal 3:8-9. It is certainly not that the 'land' is a 2nd Gospel that we are supposed to affirm.

Nah, you care; you'll be back to attempt to give him more grief in your next post or two :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

Nope, the LORD has not roared out of Zion yet.
All of your dusty books saying he has does not make it so.

SaulToPaul 2

Why did Moses go up high on the mountain to be with God, and then return with the Law again?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Danoh

Why did Moses go up high on the mountain to be with God, and then return with the Law again?

To get to the other side?

To "go tell it on the mountain"?

Because "Jack and Jill ran up the hill"?

To watch Dr. King go "up to the mountain top"?

To "make a mountain out of a mole hill"?

Cause "ain't no mountain high enough"?

Cause "the faith of a mustard seed"?

Am I gittin threw tuh yuh, yet; fella?

SaulToPaul 2

To get to the other side?

To "go tell it on the mountain"?

Because "Jack and Jill ran up the hill"?

To watch Dr. King go "up to the mountain top"?

To "make a mountain out of a mole hill"?

Cause "ain't no mountain high enough"?

Cause "the faith of a mustard seed"?

Am I gittin threw tuh yuh, yet; fella?

You're turning this thread into a moulage, fella!

Interplanner

I'm not answering because none of your other 'gotcha' questions have 'gotme'd.' They are child's play.

If you were a true theologian, you would be comparing your 'corner' with what happened in Colossians and its neo-Judaism issues, or with Galatians likewise. But you have no idea what the background of the NT is, because whatever you think happened 1400 years earlier trumps all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.