ECT Why Christians are interested in all history

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

The Lord will sum up all things in Christ, says Eph 1, and there is nothing Judaic in that or about it. When Christ who is our life appears, we will also appear. Not 'when Judah and Israel appear in Judea.' Got it? There is one program, embedded in the promises in Gen 12, but only 'in Christ' is the veil taken away.

You have a terrible habit of posting opinions and throwing out a random allusion to a chapter.
Lazy, and insincere.

Interplanner

You have a terrible habit of posting opinions and throwing out a random allusion to a chapter.
Lazy, and insincere.

Sorry but I find the laziness to be yours. You don't ever look at how the NT interpreted one of these OT passages. That is why you end up in a completely different place on them. The Gen 12 is used as Gal 3 used it. No NT passage uses it the way you do. But you are lazy and wouldn't know.

The summing up in Christ in Eph 1 is a present reality; it was stated in the future because he was speaking in terms of the past ages and what they were expecting. There is a technical Greek term for this kind of 'future' tense but you are hardly interested. If you are interested, you can look it up in a Greek grammar.

The thing you are completely unwilling to realize is that the NT does not sound like you about the land of Israel for the future, or else that it meant the NHNE, Rom 4's 'the world to come.' You can't distinguish as Heb 10 does, between shadow and reality, in fact, I don't think you get a thing about where Heb 10 moves this whole discussion. Because of your obsession with one line and decision to neglect Acts 13's punchline or Jer 31's THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

SaulToPaul 2

Sorry but I find the laziness to be yours. You don't ever look at how the NT interpreted one of these OT passages. That is why you end up in a completely different place on them. The Gen 12 is used as Gal 3 used it. No NT passage uses it the way you do. But you are lazy and wouldn't know.

The summing up in Christ in Eph 1 is a present reality; it was stated in the future because he was speaking in terms of the past ages and what they were expecting. There is a technical Greek term for this kind of 'future' tense but you are hardly interested. If you are interested, you can look it up in a Greek grammar.

The thing you are completely unwilling to realize is that the NT does not sound like you about the land of Israel for the future, or else that it meant the NHNE, Rom 4's 'the world to come.' You can't distinguish as Heb 10 does, between shadow and reality, in fact, I don't think you get a thing about where Heb 10 moves this whole discussion. Because of your obsession with one line and decision to neglect Acts 13's punchline or Jer 31's THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Huh?

Interplanner

I have stated over and over and over and over and over again that the "NT" is concerned with the City and the Heavens, and not the Land.

But, please show me where the "NT" cancels out land promises?

I will wait...forever.

Heb 11 says it is irrelevant.

Acts 2 says where David's throne is that was intended meaning all along. Christ is there now. He is to be preached. Stop here if you are a coward about things like this; it won't 'make sense.'

Paul says in Acts 26's hearing that the VERY THING Israel seeks to be fulfilled by its temple worship system day and night, is already here in Christ. Why didn't Paul mention anything there?

I know of no place where the AAL is totally clear on these things and then goes, 'oh, and don't forget there's a tag along land promise too, that God is going to go back to, at least for a little bit.'

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mat 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
Mat 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

SaulToPaul 2

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

This is what happens when you mix the doctrine of the 3 churches found in the Bible.
All of them are leavened.

Interplanner

How many general sections were there in the ONE TEMPLE?
Put down your books, believe the Bible, and think.

You don't think IN CHRIST. All barricades were torn down. The shadows and typology is over with. Yeah, it helped some people appreciate holiness and then it got rancid. Chuck it.

Christ is not divided. We as Christians are not trying to be 'in Judaism.'

SaulToPaul 2

You don't think IN CHRIST. All barricades were torn down. The shadows and typology is over with. Yeah, it helped some people appreciate holiness and then it got rancid. Chuck it.

Christ is not divided. We as Christians are not trying to be 'in Judaism.'

Answer: 3

IP says "don't divide Christ". Does he not believe in a Triune God?

Interplanner

Answer: 3

IP says "don't divide Christ". Does he not believe in a Triune God?

Yes but none of the 3 are Allah.

Read through the flaws of the law in Hebrews and ask yourself if it can possibly be called part of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, there is diversity in the unified trinity, but not Satan or Allah. That would be division.

There is no location for Gentiles in one place of the NHNE and Jews in another and angels in another in the NHNE. There is no marriage, Lk 20:35, 36.

One God-3 persons
One Kingdom of God-3 peoples

Interplanner

One God-3 persons
One Kingdom of God-3 peoples

But there are 100s of peoples. what about them? It's a ridiculous idea. The kingdom of God is now. It is ridiculous to think your human made distinctions will go through the resurrection, Lk 20.

He said something unified 3 groups one time in Corinthians, not that their distinctions were permanent. You have no sense of context or proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.