Why Calvinist Cannot Defend Their Doctrine of a Limited Atonement

Robert Pate

Banned
So, today's organized church is anti-Christ because why? They have more than 2 or 3 attending? Is that your point?

I can assure you that when I attend my home church, at least, and many more that I have attended over the years we gather together in the name of the risen Christ.

Hogwash!

You gather in the name of religion.

Ask your pastor if he preaches the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

He will probably say of course, if you are one of the elect.

There are no scriptures that say God justifies the elect. What it does say is that God justifies those that believe in Jesus, Romans 3:26.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hogwash!

Ask your pastor if he preaches the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

There are no scriptures that say God justifies the elect. What it does say is that God justifies those that believe in Jesus, Romans 3:26.

My Pastor preaches the revealing of the Father.

beloved57

Hogwash!

You don't believe or understand those verses, you teach against them all the time!

Brother Ducky

Hogwash!

You didn't respond to the questions regarding the 2 or 3 and anti-Christ.

I am there fairly often, and the idea of gathering in the name of religion has never come up.

Of course God justifies those who believe on Jesus. Those are the elect.

Robert Pate

Banned

I am there fairly often, and the idea of gathering in the name of religion has never come up.

Some of those that were saved on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:23 and 2:36.

You want us to believe that these were God's special chosen ones?

Brother Ducky

Some of those that were saved on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:23 and 2:36.

Not sure of your point, Pate. What would the participation in the crucifixion as an object of God's wrath have anything to do with the state of having been elect?

But, yeah!!! God's chosen ones. Again not sure of what you are trying to get at with "special chosen ones."

beloved57

Is the House of Israel His special chosen Deut 7:6 ? That's who Peter was addressing Acts 2:36!

beloved57

Were they Justified before God based on the blood of Christ before they believed on Jesus?

Robert Pate

Banned
Not sure of your point, Pate. What would the participation in the crucifixion as an object of God's wrath have anything to do with the state of having been elect?

But, yeah!!! God's chosen ones. Again not sure of what you are trying to get at with "special chosen ones."

The Cannons of Dort refer to the elect as "Some certain persons" as though they were special. God is no respector of persons.

The Bible says that Jesus came into the world to save sinners, not "Some certain persons". Do you really believe that some of the elect had participated in the crucifixion of Christ?

beloved57

The Cannons of Dort refer to the elect as "Some certain persons" as though they were special. God is no respector of persons.

The Bible says that Jesus came into the world to save sinners, not "Some certain persons". Do you really believe that some of the elect had participated in the crucifixion of Christ?

You don't believe that Christ came into the world to seek and to save sinners, you teach that millions for whom He came to seek and to save shall be lost!

Brother Ducky

Turns out that "some certain persons" would be sinners. Why would you think that participating in the crucifixion would preclude one from being one of the elect? You seem to think this is an important point, but seems meaningless to me. Somewhere it says that all have sinned so if that is true, then all the elect are sinners also. Big sin, little sin --still needs the death of Christ to atone.

Since you hold to the highly unusual re-imputation theory, you could say that some certain persons go to hell, and some certain persons go to heaven. So what????????

Robert Pate

Banned
Turns out that "some certain persons" would be sinners. Why would you think that participating in the crucifixion would preclude one from being one of the elect? You seem to think this is an important point, but seems meaningless to me. Somewhere it says that all have sinned so if that is true, then all the elect are sinners also. Big sin, little sin --still needs the death of Christ to atone.

Since you hold to the highly unusual re-imputation theory, you could say that some certain persons go to hell, and some certain persons go to heaven. So what????????

Only those who believe in Jesus will be saved.

They are the elect.