"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

Daniel1769

The lost can't believe the Gospel because it is hidden to them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

So how could a lost person call on the name of the lord? It certainly is not Gospel related!

Because they hear the Gospel. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing and hearing by the word of God, Romans 10:17. The lost hear the Gospel and then get saved if they believe it, 2 Corinthians 4:3-6

Calvinism is such a bizarre belief, truly.

beloved57

Because they hear the Gospel. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing and hearing by the word of God, Romans 10:17. The lost hear the Gospel and then get saved if they believe it, 2 Corinthians 4:3-6

Calvinism is such a bizarre belief, truly.

Those who are lost can't believe the Gospel because it's hidden from them 2 Cor 4:3-4. One must be saved before they can hear and believe the Gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I suspect that if you believed that you wouldn't castigate others who call on the "name" of the Lord, you would just let the Lord handle it.

Jesus Christ only rebukes those he loves.

Robert Pate

Banned
I suspect that if you believed that you wouldn't castigate others who call on the "name" of the Lord, you would just let the Lord handle it.

Jesus Christ only rebukes those he loves.

Have you called on Christ to save you?

Do you believe that Jesus and Jesus alone can save you?

Do you see yourself as person that is drowning and lost in their sins?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No need to call on the Lord if you think that you have been predestinated.
Robert, I do not think you understand the topic if this is what you believe. If the anti-Calvinist is going to complain about Calvinism, their complaints should at least reflect an accurate summary of what Calvinists actually believe about a topic. Otherwise, they appear foolish and guilty of merely parroting tired canards.

The eternal decree of God related to election includes all the means necessary required to actualize what has been specifically decreed.

Election is unto salvation by the ordinary means of hearing the good news. Predestination includes all the means necessary for regeneration (re-birth) and salvation. These means includes the believer's not not believing (calling upon the name of the Lord) via their own will once they have been given a new heart (Eze. 36:26), hence, the ability to believe that one did not possess beforehand.

AMR

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, I do not think you understand the topic if this is what you believe. If the anti-Calvinist is going to complain about Calvinism, their complaints should at least reflect an accurate summary of what Calvinists actually believe about a topic. Otherwise, they appear foolish and guilty of merely parroting tired canards.

The eternal decree of God related to election includes all the means necessary required to actualize what has been specifically decreed.

Election is unto salvation by the ordinary means of hearing the good news. Predestination includes all the means necessary for regeneration (re-birth) and salvation. These means includes the believer's not not believing (calling upon the name of the Lord) via their own will once they have been given a new heart (Eze. 36:26), hence, the ability to believe that one did not possess beforehand.

AMR

The Bible plainly teaches that NOTHING happens until you hear and believe the Gospel.

God does not just zapp people with the Holy Spirit. You must hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

You must be born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

It appears to me that you have never been born again by the word of God.

Just because you quote scripture does not mean that you are a Christian. The Pharisees also quoted scripture.

Dialogos

The Bible plainly teaches that NOTHING happens until you hear and believe the Gospel.

False.

"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will braise him up on the last day. (Joh 6:44 NAS)

The drawing of the Father precedes hearing and believing.

Please acknowledge your very clear error here.

Robert Pate

Banned
False.

[/COLOR] "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will braise him up on the last day. (Joh 6:44 NAS)

The drawing of the Father precedes hearing and believing.

Please acknowledge your very clear error here.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling everyone to come to Christ and be saved.

If God didn't call everyone to be saved he would be unjust.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock (have you not heard him?) if any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and will sup with him and him with me" Revelation 3:20.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:13.