Who Posted?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you said your church was using the westminster confession
and
mock said that is what the calvinists use

what was I to think?
That if you wanted to know how closely I was aligned with a particular you should ask. I mean, you noted early disagreements with me and at least one Calvinist who referred to me as his Arminian friend and you hold at least one position dramatically outside of your own church dogma.

Given those two I'd say you should either read me (I've talked about will, recently in fact) or ask.

If, instead, you chose to credit me with a belief you don't like you should perhaps wonder why that was your go to.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I remember telling you I belonged to the Presbyterian church.
and
you said you went to a church that used the westminster confession
Sure. And you go to a church that teaches against reincarnation. So I'd say it's pretty clear we both stray from particular dogma. I went over that a moment ago. Odd how you left it out...like you didn't even consider it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I remember telling you I belonged to the Presbyterian church.

Sure. And you go to a church that teaches against reincarnation. So I'd say it's pretty clear we both stray from particular dogma. I went over that a moment ago. Odd how you left it out...like you didn't even consider it.

so you want to talk about reincarnation again?
I showed the the three bible passages
and
you were not impressed
but
you didn't show how the good news would reach everyone

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I was fairly plain in why I mentioned it. To note that assuming that anyone who attends any church is in complete accord with every point of dogma is something your own experience should speak against.

I am well aware that some of my beliefs are at odds with the church
and
I am well aware that you need to remind the others that I am a heretic

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am well aware that some of my beliefs are at odds with the church
Then all the more reason to ask instead of assume with others, which is the point I've been trying to get you to see while you make this about anything but that.

and
I am well aware that you need to remind the others that I am a heretic
No, but when you go from asking to insinuating and transform inquiry into a less than up front personal attack I'm going to remind you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then all the more reason to ask instead of assume with others, which is the point I've been trying to get you to see while you make this about anything but that.

No, but when you go from asking to insinuating and transform inquiry into a less than up front personal attack I'm going to remind you.

my job is to ask
and
insinuating must be yours

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
my job is to ask
Of course it isn't. That's just a goofy way of saying you enjoy it.

and
insinuating must be yours
I think I've been pretty clear. I suppose you might find my simply calling you a hypocrite preferable, but I'd rather note the disparity and provoke you into self examination, presuming you care about that sort of disparity. But for you, the king of all things inferential to try that with me is really just...amazingly funny.

So instead of noting that you hold others to a different standard, that you give yourself a designation even as you differ markedly, in a way that would have your own church call you a thing I don't believe I ever have, you declare your bias, assume the negative you can even when you have reason not to, provided those you're marking are people you simply don't care for...if that's your job you should consider collecting unemployment and finding a new trade.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
are you insinuating that I am a hypocrite?
This is part of your problem, chrys. You don't appear to be interested in applying that scrutiny and suspicion of yours to your own actions. So you dodge and try to turn the focus, as you did with lmohm. As you're doing here.

So you feel fit to judge the religious life of others, to insinuate your judgment while holding yourself above that same examination.

Then you don't have to answer on the difference between how you approach you and how you approach others. No, you can do this instead. I remember when you said you weren't here to answer questions. Remarkable thing to say.

are you insinuating that I hold others to a different standard?
:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
but I do
more than anyone I know here
if
I really said that
it was connected to my saying
that
I am here to ask questions
"I wasn't there, your honor, but if I was I didn't do it, or if I did it I was justifed, or if I wasn't someone made me..."

You may want to be here to question others, but when you do your own actions, motives and foundation is up for that very thing.

and
you know I do that better than anyone here
I think you may believe that, may not see any hubris in it, which is likely part of the problem. But no, I don't think you're better at asking questions than a number here, in part because you lack the training and/or inclination to free your inquiry from your emotions and because lacking that your inquiry begins from a point of bias often as not that drives your questions, sometimes requiring you to dismiss the answers to sustain itself.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
but I do
more than anyone I know here
if
I really said that
it was connected to my saying
that
I am here to ask questions
and
you know I do that better than anyone here

No, you don't really *answer* direct questions. When people do answer your questions, you pretend they didn't OR intentionally misrepresent their answer/stance.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
yes
I do a better job of answering questions

here are some of the answers I get to the questions I ask

I already answered that
why do you want to know
answer my question first
a quote from the bible
it means just what it says
a catholic won't understand
what do you mean by ______