Who are God's Elect?

Right Divider

Body part
I suppose you also believe the Arabs are one nation.

Lots of luck.

:rotfl:
Another stupid and childish statement on your part and a fabrication of your own tiny little mind.

If you'd like to provide BIBLICAL support for your crazy notion that there are "nations of Israel", please bring it forth so that we can judge it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Another stupid and childish statement on your part and a fabrication of your own tiny little mind.

Oh, are we into IQ again?

"But his father refused and said, 'I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great, but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he and his descendants shall become a multitude of nations.'" (Genesis 48:19)

One son of Israel became a multitude of nations.

The other twelve sons also became nations.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, are we into IQ again?
No, but stupid is stupid.

"But his father refused and said, 'I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great, but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he and his descendants shall become a multitude of nations.'" (Genesis 48:19)

One son of Israel became a multitude of nations.

The other twelve sons also became nations.
Read it in the context in which it is given:

Gen 48:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(48:16) The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

THEY are still the nation of Israel.

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
Jesus condemned everyone that had faith but no works.

Matt 25:41-46
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
(NKJ)

The religious place a lot of emphasis on works because they don't have faith.

All that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are granted the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that produces good works, Ephesians 2:10.

The born again Christian is not striving to be good enough by his works. He is resting in the work of Christ, Hebrews 4:10.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus gave himself for those zealous for good deeds.

Titus 2:14-15
Titus 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Quit trying to justify yourself by your own vain self-righteousness.

God's Truth

Titus 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Quit trying to justify yourself by your own vain self-righteousness.

Are you trying to nullify scripture with scripture?

The works that don't save are the ceremonial works.

Paul did not preach that are saved by faith and not obeying.

Right Divider

Body part

God's Truth

Nope, just believing it the way it's written.

That is according to your FALSE theory.

It says NOT OF YOURSELVES it is a GIFT OF GOD.

I obey the gospel of my salvation. You obey your own vain mind.

God gives the gift to those who OBEY.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Robert Pate

Banned

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

You have not obeyed the Gospel. If you had you would not be so hung up on what you think is your obedience.

Right Divider

Body part

You continue to totally and blatantly confuse what God was doing with and through Israel and what God is doing now with the body of Christ.

Acts 5:12-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:12) ¶ And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (5:13) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. (5:14) And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) (5:15) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

This healing of EVERY ONE is NOT going on today. Something has changed and you are CLUELESS as to what that is.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is not so hard to obey Jesus. It is light, easy, and not burdensome.

You should try it.

I am not concerned about my righteousness, which I don't have much of, God sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

But you, you are trying to be perfect and complete in your flesh.

Robert Pate

Banned
If God sees you that way, then you do nave righteousness.

Did Noah have righteousness?

God heals those who give up all their falseness for Him.

There are two kinds of righteousness. Man's righteousness and God's righteousness.

What you have is the righteousness of man that will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

The only righteousness that will survive the judgment is the righteousness of Christ, which you don't have.

God's Truth

There are two kinds of righteousness. Man's righteousness and God's righteousness.

What you have is the righteousness of man that will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

The only righteousness that will survive the judgment is the righteousness of Christ, which you don't have.

Obeying God and Jesus is how one is righteous, doing right is righteous.

You speak against God.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Acts 28:27
For this people's heart has grown callous; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them.'

Robert Pate

Banned
Obeying God and Jesus is how one is righteous, doing right is righteous.

You speak against God.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Acts 28:27
For this people's heart has grown callous; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them.'

You are trusting in your own righteousness that Isaiah says is filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will live the Christian life. We are never called to trust in our Christian lives for our salvation. You continue to reject the teachings of the apostle Paul concerning your righteousness, which makes me in doubt of you.

God's Truth

You are trusting in your own righteousness that Isaiah says is filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.
You are just as lost as the Calvinists who misunderstand that scripture.

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.
All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will live the Christian life.

You said no one can obey and no one has to. I am glad to see you are coming around to preaching obedience to Christ.

We are never called to trust in our Christian lives for our salvation.

I trust in everything that Jesus says, and he tells us what to do for salvation.

You continue to reject the teachings of the apostle Paul concerning your righteousness, which makes me in doubt of you.

You made a mistake about Paul. I would like to help you. Refreshing comes from the Lord when one comes to him, the truth. Jesus gives to those who repent of their sins and their false teachings. Miraculous help from the Lord. Could you repent aloud for saying we don't have to obey Jesus to get saved and to stay saved? Could you repent for your sins and see what happens?

Robert Pate

Banned
You are just as lost as the Calvinists who misunderstand that scripture.

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

You said no one can obey and no one has to. I am glad to see you are coming around to preaching obedience to Christ.

I trust in everything that Jesus says, and he tells us what to do for salvation.

You made a mistake about Paul. I would like to help you. Refreshing comes from the Lord when one comes to him, the truth. Jesus gives to those who repent of their sins and their false teachings. Miraculous help from the Lord. Could you repent aloud for saying we don't have to obey Jesus to get saved and to stay saved? Could you repent for your sins and see what happens?

If you trusted in what Jesus says you would know that you fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

The Sermon on the Mount preached by Jesus should tell you that you are a sinner. Instead you think that you can do the Sermon on the Mount making yourself a hypocrite just like the Pharisees.