Who are God's Elect?

Judson50

Anyone who is saying with their mouth that Jesus is Lord, they had better be obeying.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Agreed thus the believe and endurance

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
What does Jesus say?

I will tell you.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.
…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.
…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.
…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.
… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.
Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.
…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.
You always go back Jesus as a MINISTER OF THE CIRCUMCISION or pervert Paul's epistles.

You'll be back on my ignore list soon.

God's Truth

You always go back Jesus as a MINISTER OF THE CIRCUMCISION or pervert Paul's epistles.

You'll be back on my ignore list soon.

Jesus is Lord over all. That means the Gentiles too.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

Robert Pate

Banned
What does Jesus say?

I will tell you.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.
…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.
…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.
…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.
… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.
Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.
…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

It is very apparent that you believe that your salvation is dependent upon your performance, which in my book means that you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned. Look at how many times you have used the word "you".

Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, didn't I"... Matthew 7:22. I suspect that you will be in that group.

Nanja

It is very apparent that you believe that your salvation is dependent upon your performance, which in my book means that you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned. Look at how many times you have used the word "you".

Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, didn't I"... Matthew 7:22. I suspect that you will be in that group.

There you go: Pot calling the kettle black.

There shall be many like you who in that day which shall say, "but Lord didn't I believe in you and accept you with my own freewill?"

Mat. 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus never knew them to be of His Sheep!

John 10:3-4, 14

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

So those in Mat. 7:23 He never knew, they could not have been the Sheep that the Good Shepherd laid down His Life for John 10:15 !

Mat. 25:31-33, 41

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Robert Pate

Banned
There you go: Pot calling the kettle black.

There shall be many like you who in that day which shall say, "but Lord didn't I believe in you and accept you with my own freewill?"

Mat. 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus never knew them to be of His Sheep!

John 10:3-4, 14

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

So those in Mat. 7:23 He never knew, they could not have been the Sheep that the Good Shepherd laid down His Life for John 10:15 !

Mat. 25:31-33, 41

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

What is going to be your demise is your perverted, twisted view of the character and nature of God and his Son Jesus Christ.

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament people are saved and justified by faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1. It is evident that you are void of saving faith. Instead of having faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ you have faith in Calvinism.

Nanja

What is going to be your demise is your perverted, twisted view of the character and nature of God and his Son Jesus Christ.

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament people are saved and justified by faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1. It is evident that you are void of saving faith. Instead of having faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ you have faith in Calvinism.

The only Faith that Justifies is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth to all God's Elect Gal. 5:22.

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

1 John 2:25
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

God's Truth

Jesus' words are Spirit and full of life. I trust Jesus and believe him when he says to do something.

Robert Pate

Banned
The only Faith that Justifies is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth to all God's Elect Gal. 5:22.

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

1 John 2:25
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

You have not been born again by the Gospel because you don't believe the Gospel.

God's Truth

The words of Jesus are law. He is trying to tell you that your righteousness misses the mark, Romans 3:23.
You go against God.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

beloved57

How do you have Faith in Christ when you teach that His Blood and Righteousness leaves those He lived and died for lost and condemned before God ?

Epoisses

How do you have Faith in Christ when you teach that His Blood and Righteousness leaves those He lived and died for lost and condemned before God ?

Because that's what Paul taught:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?....Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Heb. 10:29;38,39.

Calvinists like hyper B57 draw back - 'hupostole', the timidity of one stealthily retreating.

God's Truth

What jesus do you trust ? Who is He and what did He accomplish, and who did He accomplish it for ?

Jesus came and taught the Way,then he shed his blood and died for the sins of the world.

When he comes back he will come for those who are waiting for him, and save those people from God's wrath, the lake of fire.