White Privilege

MarcATL

If whites have privilege other skin colors do not have simply because of skin color, then it should be obvious that the people with white skin are superior to people with other skin color because of that.
The ancestors of the people with so-called "white privilege" would have had to be superior in order to bless their descendants with that "privilege".

The logic is "A" (white privilege) therefore "B" (white superiority), "A" (white privilege) equals "B" (white superiority), and "B" (white superiority) therefore "A" (white privilege).
If you don't accept that logic, then find a way to prove that there is "white privilege" without "white superiority".
#TooFunny #LOLGOP

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MarcATL

Black sounding names reflect a culture, not a race. Lashandra and keshawn and Tyrell reflect a culture. Blacks who do not have names like that are treated the same as whites. When employers come across more people with those names who do not reflect that culture, the bias in hiring will stop.
What culture is that? Name it and describe it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Can you explain why not? Tell us what's wrong with those names.

Because as you like to claim, there is widespread racism in America by hiring managers (they're all white of course), they discriminate by purposely avoiding resumes with black sounding names. It's just good advice on naming children in a white controlled country with so much terrible racism.

MarcATL

It appears that go's white guilt has him deeply into denial.

"Eliminating resumes with names that sound black, isn't racism." Who would have expected anyone so deep in denial as to make a statement like that?
I know...right?

MarcATL

Here are my exact words:

The study you are using is making a claim that the name sounds "black".
Black is not a sound, it is a color.

The names "Jamal" and "Lakisha" sound like they come from a culture of uneducated people and it is the bias against the lack of education that is causing the resumes to be rejected.
That has nothing to do with skin color.
The same bias would have resulted in names like Gator" and "Maizie" (redneck: i.e. uneducated white culture) getting less responses than names like "Greg" and "Emily".
Aren't the applicant's accomplishments and work history supposed to be THEE determining factor in whether or not the applicant gets the Job? But here you stating that it's how white the applicant's name is.

Every one of your posts in this thread is proving white privilege.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny

MarcATL

Liberalism changes over time, but conservatism pretty much stays where it is. Mill was what we would call "libertarian" to day. Mill certainly was not an Anarcho-capitalist:

What, then, is the rightful limit to the sovereignty of the individual over himself? Where does the authority of society begin? How much of human life should be assigned to individuality, and how much to society?

Each will receive its proper share, if each has that which more particularly concerns it. To individuality should belong the part of life in which it is chiefly the individual that is interested; to society, the part which chiefly interests society.

Though society is not founded on a contract, and though no good purpose is answered by inventing a contract in order to deduce social obligations from it, every one who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit, and the fact of living in society renders it indispensable that each should be bound to observe a certain line of conduct towards the rest. This conduct consists first, in not injuring the interests of one another; or rather certain interests, which, either by express legal provision or by tacit understanding, ought to be considered as rights; and secondly, in each person’s bearing his share (to be fixed on some equitable principle) of the labours and sacrifices incurred for defending the society or its members from injury and molestation. These conditions society is justified in enforcing at all costs to those who endeavour to withhold fulfilment. Nor is this all that society may do. The acts of an individual may be hurtful to others, or wanting in due consideration for their welfare, without going the length of violating any of their constituted rights. The offender may then be justly punished by opinion, though not by law

John Stuart Mill: On Liberty

mill.jpeg

Mill endorsed the right of workers to unionize and collectively bargain with employers. He was simply a capitalist who took capitalism to its logical conclusion. Few conservatives and fewer businessmen are truly advocates of free enterprise.
Powerful!

jsanford108

White privilege is simply acknowledging the fact that being white gives one privileges not afforded to any non-white person. Nothing more, nothing less.
Any evidence of this?

Whites have this belief that they earned everything good that happened to them by their sheer might and righteousness. They like to pretend that centuries of slavery, Jim Crow and racist policies has absolutely nothing to do with their success today. Only a fool or a dishonest cretin would or could believe such a thing.
Isn't it racist to apply this to all white people?

Also, you seem to ignore that centuries of slavery were much worse under the Ottoman Empire, as well as various African countries. Really, all I can see is a racist attitude towards whites in your post.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Can you explain why not? Tell us what's wrong with those names (Trayvon or Laquisha)

They sound "ghetto" and off-putting to employers who are not interested in hiring "ghetto".

Much like Billybob or Festus or Moonbeam or Adolph.