Whiny Atheists

WizardofOz

WizOz - you asked what I thought, not how I thought a court would act. I'm no lawyer, and I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the events you raised. I am not a member of the groups you refer to. What was you point in asking me?

Your post entailed such language; "Sounds like the school was violating the establishment clause in supporting an evangelical christian organisation. Don't they know the rules?" "Gov't property: they should know better." "Broke equality laws"

I understand that you're not a lawyer not as member of these groups and neither am I, but here is a chance to become familiar with the specifics of the events raised.

After all, it's just a discussion thread ;)

gcthomas

Your post entailed such language; "Sounds like the school was violating the establishment clause in supporting an evangelical christian organisation. Don't they know the rules?" "Gov't property: they should know better." "Broke equality laws"

I understand that you're not a lawyer not as member of these groups and neither am I, but here is a chance to become familiar with the specifics of the events raised.

After all, it's just a discussion thread ;)

I think an extra ten situations is too many to raise in one threat in one post, don't you? That is a lot of research if you want my responses to be authoritative. I gave you honest opinions. Isn't that what you wanted then?

fool

Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Sure, why not....

So;
You're doing what you're complaining about?

Probably a safe assumption but alwight did note this in the WTC case:
Why is it a safe assumption?
It would be jut as safe an assumption that the gays were Christian would it not? Statistically?
They were making a big deal about a wedding after all.
When Atheists get married they usually just drink until they pass out then the bridesmaid and best man burn a DNA helix onto the sole of their left foot.
No cake.
Or maybe that's Wicca.

I shall amend the thread title to read "Whiny Atheists Et Al"
We still need to straighten out this cake thing.

alwight

I shall amend the thread title to read "Whiny Atheists Et Al"
I think whining about other groups will always be a natural human trait, it's good to whine.
During a war we will put aside our local differences to face a common enemy, which is what despots and tyrants understand rather well, and maybe a reason why there even are major wars.
So imo whining is good, keep on whining.

fool

Hall of Fame
I think whining about other groups will always be a natural human trait, it's good to whine.
During a war we will put aside our local differences to face a common enemy, which is what despots and tyrants understand rather well, and maybe a reason why there even are major wars.
So imo whining is good, keep on whining.

About cake?

WizardofOz

So;
You're doing what you're complaining about?

Most of the info I am presenting involves legal action against religious symbolism or expression.

I have no plans on taking anyone to court over their whining otherwise I may open myself up to being sued myself. :eek:

Why is it a safe assumption?
It would be jut as safe an assumption that the gays were Christian would it not? Statistically?

A percentage of Christians are homosexual, I'm sure. But undoubtedly only a very small percentage would sue a Christian baker who refuses to bake a same-sex wedding cake. I'm playing the odds on this one.

They were making a big deal about a wedding after all.

The wedding was long over before the cake incident arose.

When Atheists get married they usually just drink until they pass out then the bridesmaid and best man burn a DNA helix onto the sole of their left foot.
No cake.
Or maybe that's Wicca.

There you go stereotyping again :p

We still need to straighten out this cake thing.

So the baker only offered a crooked cake, that's what all the fuss was about.

gcthomas

Military Religious Freedom Foundation whined about the Air Force cadet oath so the Air Force Academy announced that it will now be optional for cadets to recite “so help me God” at the end of its honor oath.

American Atheists still whine because they feel it doesn't go far enough and that "the Air Force Academy should take out the “god” part altogether."

James 5:12: Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.

(from your second link)

Seems like the bible says swearing an oath is a bad thing.

WizardofOz

James 5:12: Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.

(from your second link)

Seems like the bible says swearing an oath is a bad thing.

I noticed that too. I also don't know what this has to do with anything. Are you saying that Christians should not take the Air Force cadet oath, at all?

I bet that even if a Christian believed he/she should not swear this oath they would still be allowed into the Air Force just as an atheist would always have been allowed to join had they chosen to omit "so help me God" from their oath.

Prior to this change, I would have recommended to any atheist joining the Air Force not to utter those words if it makes them uncomfortable. No one would have been the wiser and I doubt anyone was pressuring cadets to recite the oath flawlessly and without omission.

fool

Hall of Fame
A percentage of Christians are homosexual, I'm sure. But undoubtedly only a very small percentage would sue a Christian baker who refuses to bake a same-sex wedding cake. I'm playing the odds on this one.
Only a small percentage of people would refuse to sell someone a cake.
Why not assume that the petty, vindictive, cake makers are cut from the same cloth a the petty vindictive cake eaters?

The wedding was long over before the cake incident arose.
So it's not even a wedding cake?!?!?!
Get yer facts strait!