When God Kills Kids

GuySmiley

Do you guys have thoughts of your own?:chuckle:

Jukia's take sounds typical for Enyart. It's the traditional, predictable defenses and justifications used for every single genocide in human history.
Yes, the thread is about Bob's show however, so its appropriate to listen to the show and talk about Bob's opinion, and then share your own.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every single genocide in human history.

Including all the recent ones carried out by atheists? :think:

It would be interesting to hear what atheists might conclude from all this. Their favorite argument is: "I do not like God, therefore he does not exist."

:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes, the thread is about Bob's show however, so its appropriate to listen to the show and talk about Bob's opinion, and then share your own.

If Jukia's recap is sound (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be) then we can comment on his remarks and go from there. Either you have your own opinion, or you don't. The issue being raised here's an interesting and provocative one. It's worth discussing if anyone is willing to.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Jukia's recap is sound (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be) then we can comment on his remarks and go from there.
His post was not a recap, it was his opinion of the reasoning given.

Either you have your own opinion, or you don't.

Says the moron who is willing to blindly adopt someone else's. :chuckle:

GuySmiley

Based on your question, I felt compelled to listen--and did.

My favorite part? None. How can you have a favorite part when Pastor Bob is attempting to supply a rational basis for the wholesale death of children, either at the direct hand of your god (The Big Flood) or Israelite genocide at his command?

Lets see:
1. your god "owns" his creatures and can do whatever he wishes with them, including killing children thereby bringing them into Paradise (lots of virgins anyone?) where they will have a better chance to choose him and thereby avert the almost certain society induced rebellion they will most likely experience as they grow older.
2. Pain? Not a big deal, it passes and we tend to exaggerate pain anyway. Especially children, after all his son Josiah quickly forgot the pain of medical procedure when he was young, so that pain of drowning and having your throat slit by an Israeli warrior---ah, no big deal.
3. God had/has(?) a good reason for killing the children "of the wicked"---see #1 above.

Once again, after listening to Pastor Bob I need a drink to cleanse my soul. Perhaps I can get a chance to do that at lunch time today. I'll report back, until then it will be difficult for me to think very good thoughts about your "loving" deity. Although perhaps I should thank TOL for once again showing me the moral bankruptcy and irrationality of your particular Biblical take.
I think you have the wrong perspective regarding the creator of the universe. I don't see a reason why He doesn't have the right to kill anyone He wants anytime He wants. It only testifies to His love that He only does it for righteous reason. We should mean nothing compared to Him, but He loves us, its amazing.

About methods: Couldn't God just wave a wand and make people disappear rather than having them killed by a sword to the gut etc? Well that's what I would do in a game of Civilization if it didn't go how I wanted. But God created us and takes our existence seriously. When Adam and Eve sinned He didn't just take a mulligan, He came up with a plan to save us.

Silent Hunter

I think you have the wrong perspective regarding the creator of the universe. I don't see a reason why He doesn't have the right to kill anyone He wants anytime He wants. It only testifies to His love that He only does it for righteous reason. We should mean nothing compared to Him, but He loves us, its amazing.
. . . "righteous reason"? :rotfl:

About methods: Couldn't God just wave a wand and make people disappear rather than having them killed by a sword to the gut etc? Well that's what I would do in a game of Civilization if it didn't go how I wanted. But God created us and takes our existence seriously. When Adam and Eve sinned He didn't just take a mulligan, He came up with a plan to save us.
Yeah . . . that plan being to wipe the slate clean and start over via a "flood".

You christians amaze me with your blind ignorance.

Silent Hunter

"He's God and can do what he wants" is the only card you guys have to play.

:rotfl:

whitestone

,,,I look at things this way,if someone plants a garden it is the fruit of his own hands. as he watches it grow at times he determines the weeds to be pulled and none see him as disobedient in pulling them(not likening children as weeds). as time goes on and their garden grows insects come and they determine to rid the garden of them(not likening children to insects).

later as the garden grows and the plants begin to multiply some are too close so the person determines to move some and pull up others(not likening children to unwanted plants),,just simply pointing out that the garden we,as humans grow we completely justify in our own mind what will take place and when.

if an insect is eating our tomatoes,we kill the bugs,if a squirrel is eating them we shoot the squirrels. if birds come we put up a scarecrow,,and if our puppy pulls the tomatoes at the bottom and rolls them around and plays with them we pick the lower one he can reach and let them ripen in the window.

On the other hand god is as a gardener,he tilled a planet called earth. he planted it with man and beast and all living things. now at times he as the gardener will look at the works of his hands and see a "green tomato" and in his opinion if left on the plant to ripen will be eaten by insects. if left it might fall to some cruel disease. he will decide at times to let some ripen in the window sills of heaven and spare them from being rolled around on the ground by man.

this is the garden god has planted,we are the fruits he is tending. This is the garden that Adam was told by god to tend,and mankind is the most overlooked fruit to be tended in the garden by us whom descended from the first man.

mankind is a very important fruit to be weeded,to be protected from the enemy. we are in neglect of this i think,when we should have hilled up the dirt around man we did not. when we should have protected those from the birds we did not.

At times god i think see's the things we do and did not do and takes some and transplants some of mankind into a different row. at times he removes the insects to protect the others,at times a scarecrow will suffice. but at times he will look at one of us and let them be picked and ripen them in his house. others he will let ripen in the field,that is he will look at them and think "if i pick them now their flavor will not be full,and some will be sweeter if i pick them now",,,,

we fully understand the decisions we make in our garden, we justify every act we commit with our hands. we say well i learned better to do this different next time, and learn from our errors. there is a better gardener than us who has planted the garden of mankind,he is god. we i think should trust him in his judgment as to when to pick each fruit.

at the beginning god dug his hand into the soil,cupped his hands around it and breathed the breath into it and planted Adam in the row. he then measured over and planted eve,then Cain then able,then Seth. he measured out man row by row,that is year after year they were planted in the garden. Noah was planted then Shem,Ham and Japeth,,,then you and me and we will all be harvested in due time,trust the gardener who will put his hand on you we are a man made of dirt,but the fingerprints in the mud of an man are gods,,,,,

Jukia

That is what I did, I put my brain cells at risk to listen to Pastor Bob's "justification" of his wonderful god, was asked my favorite part and then shared my opinion.

Nothing is good enough for you Enyartians other than blind acquiescence to his position.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That is what I did, I put my brain cells at risk to listen to Pastor Bob's "justification" of his wonderful god, was asked my favorite part and then shared my opinion.

Nothing is good enough for you Enyartians other than blind acquiescence to his position.

I half expect them to start going "Four legs good, two legs bad" at this rate.

If you can accept genocide, you can accept anything. And if you're convinced you're being "told" or "ordered" to carry it out, there's nothing in the world that will get in your way if you're sure "God" is the one leading you.

Jukia

Including all the recent ones carried out by atheists? :think:

It would be interesting to hear what atheists might conclude from all this. Their favorite argument is: "I do not like God, therefore he does not exist."

:chuckle:

Ah, so now you justify your god's genocide by comparing it to man's? Ever think that your god's genocidal actions provided some justification for man's? Men just learned from the stories about your god.

My argument is simple. "Your god does not exist". I don't need to like him or not, just like I do not need to like unicorns--they don't exist. What I don't like, I guess, is the attempt by some to justify their own ignorance and actions based on something that does not exist---just seems silly.

But thanks for playing Stripey.

GuySmiley

Huh? I don't expect you to agree, but at least now its a conversation rather than thread crapping.