ECT What Madists never preach.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who, besides yourself, cares what you have to say? Name one poster
that cares what you have to blabber about?

They can speak for themselves if they want or not.

Public opinion which you try to enlist, means little.

Pro 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Pro 10:13 In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
Pro 10:14 Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.

LA

Interplanner

Stick to comments about ideas, please, not about people. Comments about people are merely tenuous pre-conclusions that are off the posted topic.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Mad preaches, as also I believe and Peter believed and taught--

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

However Madists here never preach the words of Christ----

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Yet Paul preached the same things--

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Madists teach that it is sufficient only to believe Christ died for their sins 2000 years ago in order that they are saved.

LA
LA,

Is this a real argument? I mean, would this sort of argument made against anything you believe convince you or do you say such things knowing that its just fluff and smoke designed to elicit an emotional reaction in the reader and to convince only those who have no understanding of what Mid Acts Dispensationalism actually teaches, nor of how to properly think?

That is an extremely serious question by the way. I'll be very much surprised if you answer it because I'm convinced that you actually do believe this to be a valid form of argument.

Incidentally, and for the record, I believe, and every Mid Acts Dispensationalist I've ever read or even heard of all believe every word Jesus spoke is absolutely true. I believe that Jesus was (is) God Himself in Human form and that the bible accurately records what He said and that He meant every word.

Prediction: This acknowledgment of the truth of Jesus' words as recorded in scripture will have no effect on LA's argumentation. He'll effectively ignore it because he's not interested in debating, he's interesting in rationalizing away doctrines with which he disagrees. ("Rationalizing" is the kindest word I can think of to call what he's done in this thread. "Lying" would be more accurate.)

Resting in Him,
Clete

Cross Reference

LA,

Is this a real argument? I mean, would this sort of argument made against anything you believe convince you or do you say such things knowing that its just fluff and smoke designed to elicit an emotional reaction in the reader and to convince only those who have no understanding of what Mid Acts Dispensationalism actually teaches, nor of how to properly think?

That is an extremely serious question by the way. I'll be very much surprised if you answer it because I'm convinced that you actually do believe this to be a valid form of argument.

Incidentally, and for the record, I believe, and every Mid Acts Dispensationalist I've ever read or even heard of all believe every word Jesus spoke is absolutely true. I believe that Jesus was (is) God Himself in Human form and that the bible accurately records what He said and that He meant every word.

Prediction: This acknowledgment of the truth of Jesus' words as recorded in scripture will have no effect on LA's argumentation. He'll effectively ignore it because he's not interested in debating, he's interesting in rationalizing away doctrines with which he disagrees. ("Rationalizing" is the kindest word I can think of to call what he's done in this thread. "Lying" would be more accurate.)

Resting in Him,
Clete

Why a MAD a doctrine? Who was it that gave up on Jesus Christ that he would come with this MAD idea with the hope that might bring him out of his doldrums?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA needs to baptized by the Spirit into Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

It's the poor guy's only hope and he rejects it.

No.

The real question is--

Will those who trust in Christ for their salvation, surrender their newfound lives back to God, or use it for their own religious pleasure and self gratification.

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
Php 2:4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mad preaches, as also I believe and Peter believed and taught--

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

However Madists here never preach the words of Christ----

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
Luk 14:35 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Yet Paul preached the same things--

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Madists teach that it is sufficient only to believe Christ died for their sins 2000 years ago in order that they are saved.

LA

LA,

Resting in Him,
Clete

The argument for truth is put forth in the same manner as the error has been put forth on this board, but without the insults.

I could craft a reply to you more cunning than you have, but I choose not to lower myself to your standard.

LA