ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At this point in the various threads, andcy wins the grand prize as the most incompetent of the various posters.

He, of all other posters, has got to have the highest consistency in reading his own notions into the various passages.

Even other Pentecostal/Emotion Based Faith posters on TOL get more passages right (when they do) then he does.

I've met some really dumb so called Bible based Pentecostals, but this guy really takes the cake.

Of course, being that he; like some others also do (at times, in their case) goes by his reading into a thing; he will conclude I am mad at him, or some other natural man based wisdom of men.

Sheesh - andyc not the obvious - at the very least go get yourself some rigourous training in Bible study principles.

If for no other reason than out of a debt of gratitude to He who died for your sins, and rose again for your justification (if - hopefully - you even have this much right).

:doh:

Apply your brilliance to the subject or butt out.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It wasn't a trial. It was a test.

Nonsense.
The accusers were not intending to kill this woman, they were simply trying to see if Jesus would undermine the law.
If the woman was caught in the act, she wouldn't have a leg to stand on, which is why this situation was obviously a setup.
Either Jesus would uphold the law by condemning the woman what she's done, or, as the accusers figured, he would desire to forgive this woman, and by doing so be undermining the law. The accusers would then have something to use against him.

Born under the law to redeem those under the law. Not keep them under the law.

It's still not fulfilled. The law still stands for those who reject Jesus.

I have serious doubts that the whole account of the woman caught in adultery is even true.

It is not so that accusers would fall under conviction of their own sin, but instead would knash with their teeth.

The account sounds like something the RCC would come up with.

In any case, Jesus was not a judge of the law, even though the law condemned adultery, and the witnesses gave no testimony.

How convenient to support the RCC confessional.

LA

God's Truth

I have serious doubts that the whole account of the woman caught in adultery is even true.

It is not so that accusers would fall under conviction of their own sin, but instead would knash with their teeth.

In any case, Jesus was not a judge of the law, even though the law condemned adultery, and the witnesses gave no testimony.

LA

I can hardly believe that you are teaching others to doubt the Holy Bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You say those NOT in the first will be in the second? Could you give me the scripture reference?

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.​

So what happens after the thousand years?

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.​

Wick Stick

Translated:I, WickedStiff, don't agree with this 2 pieces of good news, or more in the bible, doctrine, since I am clueless as to what the term "gospel" means. And I will just listen to Professor Judas/Demas says, and I'll be just fine.

Please teach us....
I understand what they were saying. Turns out it's the same thing.

I used to teach... but there isn't much point in teaching those who already know everything. You all are far too wise for the likes of me.

God's Truth

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.​

So what happens after the thousand years?

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.​

I think I know what you are saying. You said they are judged at the second resurrection...but aren't they judged now if they are not saved now? How do you get they are not judged now?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think I know what you are saying. You said they are judged at the second resurrection...but aren't they judged now if they are not saved now? How do you get they are not judged now?

No one can be judged until after they literally or figuratively die.

Literal death is when a person's breath cannot be restored.

Figurative death is baptism.

Romans 6:3-4 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him.​

Baptism pictures death, burial, resurrection. Then, since we died, we can be judged.

We are not judged for salvation, that is a gift from God. We are judged for reward.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.​

God's Truth

No one can be judged until after they literally or figuratively die.

I believe all are judged to be condemned and must come to Jesus to be saved.

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

John 16:8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:

We are not judged for salvation, that is a gift from God. We are judged for reward.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Lord said to "sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor" Luke 18:22 (KJV). What about Isaiah 2:4 (KJV)? And Matthew 17:20 (KJV): "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove."

andyc

LA

I'm surprised you'd doubt any peice of scripture.
The pharisees were simply looking to discredit Jesus as a fraud. They despised him more than the adulterous woman.
The woman was simply a tool that was used to try and trap him.
If Jesus forgave the woman, which is what they were expecting, he would be seen to be diregarding the Mosaic law.
If he agreed that she should be put to death, he would be seen to be disregarding Roman law. So they'd got him trapped.

The obvious answer to this, is that if he was operating under the Mosaic law, as the mads insist, he would have agreed that the woman should be put to death. The law totally condemned the woman, but Jesus didn't. The mads absolutely hate this, and they're dancing all around throwing up nonsense trying to get around it, but they can't.

Jesus came to save sinners, the law condemns sinners.