What is your definition of racism?

musterion

Most of the hard core bigots on TOL are also the most politically leftist. Because one of the things they want to "conserve" (maintain) is their the white privileged social status.

ClimateSanity

Most of the hard core bigots on TOL are also the most politically conservative. Because one of the things they want to "conserve" (maintain) is their the white privileged social status.

It's mostly liberals who have a privileged social status these days and they hold sway over a vast amount of wealth in this country. Paleoconservatives hold a very small slice.

Arthur Brain

I suspect it has as much to do with what you're 'used to' or comfortable with as the physics. And bigotry is often subconscious. I'm not claiming you're bigoted, I'm just pointing out that you are unlikely to be aware of it, if your were.

I couldn't say why it is, just like I can't pinpoint all attractions. It's not like I've never found black or Asian women attractive or have any issues with different cultures (I embrace a lot of them).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Most of the hard core bigots on TOL are also the most politically conservative. Because one of the things they want to "conserve" (maintain) is their the white privileged social status.

So you think places like Chinatown and little italy, etc should be broken up because of their obvious racism in choosing a preference to be with like others?

I bet those places just burn you up dont they?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Yeah, this guy right here (la me), who grew up in a fatherless home in the inner suburbs, was institutionalized, seen jail, and has a hard time finding a worthwhile job outside of seasonal occupation- is definitely protecting their 'white privileged social status'.

You all sound absolutely STUPID :AMR:
An embarrassment to white people to the rest of the world, really. The entire East basically looks at white people as inept- those like you are ashamed of being white, and I say 'good'. Let nature take it's course and weed you out so that white people can stop being victims :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You didnt? Aren't you who brought up a dating web site where people can exclude people of other races, and then said you thought that seemed racist?
I brought up dating in response to someone (you, I think) bringing up mixing races. I'm not saying nothing I've said in this thread has been about dating.

Did you find something wrong with that comment?
My response to your post was that it becomes bad when choices hurt others.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I brought up dating in response to someone (you, I think) bringing up mixing races. I'm not saying nothing I've said in this thread has been about dating.

My response to your post was that it becomes bad when choices hurt others.

Well that black guy who wanted me to date him, wasnt happy that i wouldn't. Doesn't make me a racist though.

Anymore that it makes me a racist because i think blue eyes are the most attractive of eyes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Pick up a history book dumb dumb.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Malcolm X was the leader of the Nation of Islam which believed in violent protesting. He taught black people that they were superior to white people. He told black people to get rights using any means. He wanted a separate land for black people.

Even the Southern Poverty Law Center tracks the NOI as a hate group.

Whose the dumb dumb? Those who cant be bothered to actually check history out for themselves instead of being a lemming.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Malcolm X was the leader of the Nation of Islam which believed in violent protesting. He taught black people that they were superior to white people. He told black people to get rights using any means. He wanted a separate land for black people.

Even the Southern Poverty Law Center tracks the NOI as a hate group.

Whose the dumb dumb? Those who cant be bothered to actually check history out for themselves instead of being a lemming.
Don't know about your conversation, but Malcom left the Nation, eventually going on a pilgrimage to Mecca. That trip changed him profoundly.

From his Letter from Mecca:

You may be shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to re-arrange much of my thought-patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which is necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug)--while praying to the same God--with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actionsin the deeds of the 'white' Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

We were truly all the same (brothers)--because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude.

I could see from this, that perhaps if white Americans could accept the Oneness of God, then perhaps, too, they could accept in reality the Oneness of Man--and cease to measure, and hinder, and harm others in terms of their 'differences' in color.

Now to my mind he was still missing something: that he was guilty of thinking in terms of color even as he was considering the error of his earlier assumptions. It's a shame his life was cut short by assassins sent from the Nation of Islam to stop him and his new movement.​