ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA the Lost cannot tell the difference between anything.

Like the fact that the Bible never ONCE quotes Jesus Christ even saying the word 'GRACE' during His ministry to the circumcision.

Is this grace?
Mat 6:14-15 KJV For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
as opposed to:
Eph 4:31-32 KJV Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: (32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I do realize that MAD teaches they need not forgive men their trespassers, and it doesn't really matter.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is LAW in that verse, not grace. You cannot read. You are a 1st grader who got promoted too soon.

I disagree.

Jesus taught the law of God which is full of grace.

It always was full of grace.

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not really for the "what", but the "how" is too often a shock-value kind of silliness.

It seems like intentional and malicious thankless and ungrateful disregard for the imputed righteousness from the finished work of Christ; almost like someone with diplomatic immunity in the US who blatantly violates statutory laws (including murder) just because they can.

I can't imagine Paul posting most of what many MADs post, and he endured severe persecution and dealt with Judaizing and Gnosticism beyond anything MADs are opposing.

I despise any degree or form of works soteriology, probably more than MADs because I understand the ontology of Paul's Gospel. But I infer that most on TOL certainly DO believe works are simply the out-working of being "in Christ", and the difference is emphasis and resulting semantics. The exceptions are usually obvious, and MADs are very prematurely trigger-happy.

I only take issue with the jacked-up eschatology, and the unnecessary and ineffective constant thug mentality (more from some than others) that persuades no one.

Paul's Gospel is clear, especially in Galatians and Romans ch5-8, etc.

i agree with the despisement of wonton chastisement, but accept it and work around it. deep down they know what they do. i look forward to the thread with you and AMR, whether i agree 100% or not. i've looked up several words, and already knew them and the concepts, it turns out. hopefully i can keep up and compare notes - :patrol:

john w

Hall of Fame
I disagree.

Jesus taught the law of God which is full of grace.

It always was full of grace.

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

LA

Made up-"the law of God....always full of grace.."...."mercy."

Mercy is not equivalent to grace.

Mercy=not getting what you deserve-forbearance....stay of execution...."wink"

Grace "steps it up"=not only receiving mercy, but receiving something you do not deserve, cannot earn=justification/the righteousness of God

Acts 17:30 KJV
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Romans 3 KJV
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

"But now"...at this time"

musterion

Do not back up other people who call me a liar.

oooooh.gif

john w

Hall of Fame
Liars dig themselves in so deep that it gets to the point where all they can do is lie.

I'm not sure if LA is just a plain liar or delusional, I think LA fashions himself a spiritual giant and guru for us unlearned and carnal of TOL.

You give Olive a hefty $.25 tip, so do I, and then you ask if you should go back, and ask her for the tip back. That sure is grace....Wait...."Greasy" grace?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Liars dig themselves in so deep that it gets to the point where all they can do is lie.

I'm not sure if LA is just a plain liar or delusional, I think LA fashions himself a spiritual giant and guru for us unlearned and carnal of TOL.

A giant? Yikes!!! :noway: