What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

Since Judas did not write down what he preached how can we know? He was a liar, a thief and a murder. How can anything he preached be trusted?

Jesus sent Judas out with other disciples.

Since we do not have a book according to Judas, what is your point?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We are God's children if we do what God does. We are the devil's children if we do what the devil does.

Please answer my question. Do you believe you have the Spirit of God living inside you?

Man never was the property of a fallen celestial being. Satan was deluded, he could never be a God. He was taken away by Jesus, he's a cigar butt.

achduke

Jesus sent Judas out with other disciples.

Since we do not have a book according to Judas, what is your point?

My point is we cannot know what Judas preached. Did he actually do anything Christ asked of him? We do not know. We cannot use him as an example for the gospel.

God's Truth

My point is we cannot know what Judas preached. Did he actually do anything Christ asked of him? We do not know. We cannot use him as an example for the gospel.

We can know that Judas preached the gospel.

Stop giving so much attention to what John W. says.

God's Truth

Man never was the property of a fallen celestial being. Satan was deluded, he could never be a God. He was taken away by Jesus, he's a cigar butt.

Please answer the question. Do you believe you have the Spirit of God living inside you yes or no?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The gospel changed after Jesus left.

* The original gospel was about salvation through faith in the Father.

* Pauls new gospel was about faith in the human sacrifice of God the Son.
I believe Jesus was serious when he said his mission was to the House of Israel and was not meant for the Gentiles.

The faith obviously became something Jesus would have scorned.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL !!!

The self-victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.
Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Judas was a thief and stole the money that was collected to give to the poor.

Yea, he went sour, I just assume that he was on board for a couple years but fell into grave doubting. Judas may have concocted an idea that he would be received as a hero by his family, friends and the Sanhedrin for turning Jesus in. The devistating was unbearable once he realized what he had done. The Sanhedrin looked down on him with utter contempt!

Interplanner

John the Baptist announced Jesus as the sacrificial lamb.

Jesus said early on 'destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days.'

I'm not sure if human sacrifice is the right term. However, the Mari tribe of the Fiji area was a very vengeance-killing type of tribe, and in the 60s when the missionary Richardson arrived speaking about a God-man who was sacrificed for all mans sins, those who were believers stopped the practice, realizing that one sacrifice would be sufficient.

Interplanner

Yea, he went sour, I just assume that he was on board for a couple years but fell into grave doubting. Judas may have concocted an idea that he would be received as a hero by his family, friends and the Sanhedrin for turning Jesus in. The devistating was unbearable once he realized what he had done. The Sanhedrin looked down on him with utter contempt!

He thought Jesus was going to change all the tables in the land and that with some force. He was a young Judaizer. He is maybe the best proof that Jesus was not going to set up a theocracy. The kingdom would be by inner draw, not outward force. His main interest proved to be control of money...

God's Truth

You cannot be reconciled to God and made a temple for God's Spirit unless you were washed, and sanctified.

All believers before Jesus died were not given the Holy Spirit to live inside them. We have to be washed with the blood of Jesus and made clean before God lives inside us.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I believe Jesus was serious when he said his mission was to the House of Israel and was not meant for the Gentiles.

The faith obviously became something Jesus would have scorned.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL !!!

The self-victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.
Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

I think the arrogant teaching that God only cares about Israel is an idea that originated in Israel!

God's Truth

I think he just cared more about money. He stole money while he was part of Jesus' earthly ministry, and then he betrayed Jesus for money.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You cannot be reconciled to God and made a temple for God's Spirit unless you were washed, and sanctified.

All believers before Jesus died were not given the Holy Spirit to live inside them. We have to be washed with the blood of Jesus and made clean before God lives inside us.

That is theoretical opinion based on primitive witch doctor thinking.

What did Jesus say about the rejection?

Matthew 21:33-46 reads:
“Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower and he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit and the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first and they did likewise to them. Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?” They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.” Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

God's Truth

That is theoretical opinion based on primitive witch doctor thinking.

What did Jesus say about the rejection?

Matthew 21:33-46 reads:
“Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower and he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit and the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first and they did likewise to them. Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?” They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.” Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

You put down the written Word of God and then pick something else you like and post it. You are wicked.

beloved57

The Gospel is only one, has been the same throughout the History of the World beginning with Adam and Eve, and it is comprehended within the framework, concepts of Tulip !