What is the express image of God?

keypurr

God GAVE those commandments to Moses to form the Mosaic written Law, and Jesus never taught the 10 commands, He just said two were what ALL the law hinged on. You don't listen or obey everything Jesus said.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

:kookoo::kookoo:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

keypurr

That was FACT long before the RCC took it up as one of their doctrines. I though you said you've been studying this issue for 70 years now?

That point was insisted on by the Emperor Constantine.
He was a Pagan priest at the time.

StanJ

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

No use quoting scripture you have failed to understand.
It doesn't contradict what I've shown you so why quote it?
Obvious deflection and obfuscation.
Please try your call again.

keypurr

Keep telling yourself that keypurr. I'm 6'4", and not much gets over my head. Your supercilious attitude and need to be condescending about everyone's knowledge of scripture that is more accurate than yours is also very typical of cultic behavior. ALL the cults profess to have the true knowledge but everyday Christians don't. It is sadly the way apostates live.

I am 6'2" and I speak over your head all the time.

When you make stupid statements I question your ability to read.

Like say Jesus never taught the Ten, he quoted them often and he said they will outlast the world.

keypurr

No use quoting scripture you have failed to understand.
It doesn't contradict what I've shown you so why quote it?
Obvious deflection and obfuscation.
Please try your call again.

Go learn to read Stan, I am going to bed. I need my beauty nap.

StanJ

I am 6'2" and I speak over your head all the time.
When you make stupid statements I question your ability to read.
Like say Jesus never taught the Ten, he quoted them often and he said they will outlast the world.

You speak out of the top of your head but it's still NOT over mine.
You're nothing but a pompous Uni who has been blinded to the truth of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
ALL assertion, NO proof.

:loser:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Images of 'God'........

Images of 'God'........

You speak out of the top of your head but it's still NOT over mine.
You're nothing but a pompous Uni who has been blinded to the truth of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
ALL assertion, NO proof.

:loser:

I see nothing wrong with a solid 'Unitarian' view, nor a 'Trinitarian' view (unless dogmatically held),...since they are just different points of view held within their own 'contextual' understandings. Spiritual unity and love (a universal law) are what unite believers in Jesus, if indeed they follow the religion of Jesus, living a life of faith and obedience to God's will, like he did, and like he does :) - these little doctrinal divisions and 'tit for tats' don't really edify much, - they can make for interesting dialogue or stimulating discussion, but they can also be destructive instead of constructive. Truth should always be exalted above opinion, and our 'opinions' ought to be acknowledged as being only an 'opinion',....if we are to be 'intellectually honest'.

'God' is Spirit,...and this Universal Spirit is according to the classical theist definition......'omnipresent', 'omnipotent' and 'omniscient',....as well as INFINITE. This 'God' includes all, precedes all, pervades all, encompasses all, transcends all :)

In this universal consciousness......the core-light that is 'God',...has many different 'reflections' and images of Itself, as Pure Awareness. Its all arising as a creative play in consciousness. You, I, Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Joe and Jill...are all a part of this 'play', that 'God' is 'creating'. Pretty awesome eh?

pj

StanJ

I see nothing wrong with a solid 'Unitarian' view, nor a 'Trinitarian' view (unless dogmatically held),...since they are just different points of view held within their own 'contextual' understandings. Spiritual unity and love (a universal law) are what unite believers in Jesus, if indeed they follow the religion of Jesus, living a life of faith and obedience to God's will, like he did, and like he does :) - these little doctrinal divisions and 'tit for tats' don't really edify much, - they can make for interesting dialogue or stimulating discussion, but they can also be destructive instead of constructive. Truth should always be exalted above opinion, and our 'opinions' ought to be acknowledged as being only an 'opinion',....if we are to be 'intellectually honest'.

'God' is Spirit,...and this Universal Spirit is according to the classical theist definition......'omnipresent', 'omnipotent' and 'omniscient',....as well as INFINITE. This 'God' includes all, precedes all, pervades all, encompasses all, transcends all :)

In this universal consciousness......the core-light that is 'God',...has many different 'reflections' and images of Itself, as Pure Awareness. Its all arising as a creative play in consciousness. You, I, Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Joe and Jill...are all a part of this 'play', that 'God' is 'creating'. Pretty awesome eh?

Of course not being a Christian you would not, but it is a very important doctrinal view within Christianity that Jesus IS God.
From a worldly or universal perspective it doesn't mean much, as there is no commitment or dedication by unbelieving people.
What unites Christians, followers of Christ, is their belief that Jesus IS God and the false teaching of Unitarianism simply divides those people from the Body of Christ.

I have had the conflict of whether Jesus was man that assend up to become the son of God, or if God came down and manifested himself as Jesus. Which do you think?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A few things to nibble on.......

A few things to nibble on.......

Of course not being a Christian you would not, but it is a very important doctrinal view within Christianity that Jesus IS God.

Just because I currently do not identify here as a 'Christian', does not mean I'm not a real 'Christian' in spirit and principle, besides the fact that it will vary if you ask anyone just what a so called 'Christian' is. You apparently haven't took time to research my religious bio, spiritual journey, experience and comparative religious studies to make an abrupt 'judgment' on what category of religionist I AM,...among other things. I suggest you expand your horizons a little farther, and do a little more investigation or inquiry with your fellow posters as to 'what' or 'who' they are, which may take you to an even more profound inquiry into the nature of reality itself, whereby you might transcend the more petty, denominational features of man-made religions and their various mythologies.

I will directly challenge your assumption that early followers of Jesus automatically or originally from the foundation of Judaism, which was their native religious cult-ure, BELIEVED Jesus was 'God' (YHWH). Generally the Jewish concept of 'Messiah' did not include a concept of 'God coming in the flesh', nor a 'demigod' (God-man hybrid), but was only to be a MAN anointed by 'God'...hence the Messiah is the 'anointed one', and this 'term' could apply individually to a single 'person' as well as to a nation or community of priests...in this case as the collective of 'Israel'. Hence, the 'Messiah' and the 'Suffering Servant' descriptions apply also to a 'collective'. Jesus fails on many counts to fulfill the Jewish requirements for being their Messiah, but we've covered that elsewhere.

From a worldly or universal perspective it doesn't mean much, as there is no commitment or dedication by unbelieving people.

Jesus is respected by many persons and communities of different religious cultures around the globe, they living lives that agree with the spiritual truths and principles he taught concerning serving God and their fellowman, since religious values and spiritual meanings are indeed universal, although differently represented or symbolized among various faith communities. NOTE that respect for Jesus and the kingdom of heaven he preached does not necessitate a BELIEF that he is 'God', as dogmatically defined by Orthodox Christian creeds. It is a belief among some demoninations, but not all. That Jesus represents 'God' and speaks for 'God' is enough.

What unites Christians, followers of Christ, is their belief that Jesus IS God and the false teaching of Unitarianism simply divides those people from the Body of Christ.

I disagree, since the acceptance of Jesus and his teaching, and the commitment to live the religion that he lived, in spirit and truth is what qualifies someone to be a 'Christian', and not just the assertion or mental assent to believing in any given Christian creed, approved as 'orthodox' as a later doctrinal development.

You can go Here for starters, to see that Unitarians are just as 'Christian' as Trinitarians in their essential theology (although differ in Christology), practical ethics and religious values. Debating whether Jesus is God, Man, or some 'compound' of the two, (then further battle over the ratio involved) kept church councils busy for centuries,...you might as well toss in "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" too.

As far as the 'body of Christ' (to use Paul's metaphor) goes,.....what joins people together is the Spirit of God, not dogma necessarily....since we worship 'God' in spirit and truth. This spiritual unity and loving concord unites us as one in 'God', since 'God' in us is ONE...there is no seperation or division in SPIRIT. Jesus represents 'God' to us of course, and we live his spirit and his religion, if we are truly to be known as his disciples. Remember what Jesus said would be a sign to others that we are his disciples? Was it that we believe in a Trinitarian concept and dogma that he is 'God', or was it by the love we show one another, and to furthermore show that love to those who treat us with contempt?

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hu-man-ity.......

Hu-man-ity.......

I have had the conflict of whether Jesus was man that assend up to become the son of God, or if God came down and manifested himself as Jesus. Which do you think?

The Jesus metaphor and mythos includes both angles ;)

Jesus is presented as both 'Son of Man' and 'Son of God', so is a composite of both 'human' and 'divine' qualities and attributes.

pj

lifeisgood

I will cease to exist someday soon Stan, but the word of God will not. I pray that you will start thinking about what you read.

Not so! Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

We DO NOT die. We exist forever. Where we spend eternity that's what we're supposed to do here. May God in His infinite mercy when the Good News is heard, make a way so that it be accepted by those hearing it.

Jesus IS GOD!
Jesus IS LORD!
Jesus IS SAVIOR!

May you return to the Truth you once had for ONLY GOD can SAVE anyone.