What happens when Muslims get fired for refusing to do their job?

glorydaz

I know about it, its called [URL="http://www.politicalislam.com/islam-and-black-liberation-theology/ black liberation theology[/URL] and they love Islam.

Excellent point. "Barack Obama has closely aligned himself with Reverend Jeremiah Wright and Black Liberation Theology (BLT)"

Which actually addresses the fact that the Obama administration supported the Muslim truck drivers. Why didn't they just let the legal system do it's job? :think:

drbrumley

An Illinois jury awarded $240,000 in damages and back pay to two former truck drivers who claimed religious discrimination when they were fired in 2009 after refusing to make beer deliveries.

A jury was convened to determine damages after US District Court Judge James E. Shadid ruled in favor of Mahad Abass Mohamed and Abdkiarim Hassan Bulshale when Star Transport admitted liability in March. The men, both of whom are Somali-American Muslims, were represented by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employers must make accommodations for workers' religious beliefs unless doing so would impose "undue hardship" on the business.

the trucking company admitted that drivers often switched their assignments, meaning it would have been reasonable to accommodate the men's request, rather than firing them.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...rs-refuse-to-deliver-beer-win-240-000-lawsuit

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
An Illinois jury awarded $240,000 in damages and back pay to two former truck drivers who claimed religious discrimination when they were fired in 2009 after refusing to make beer deliveries.

A jury was convened to determine damages after US District Court Judge James E. Shadid ruled in favor of Mahad Abass Mohamed and Abdkiarim Hassan Bulshale when Star Transport admitted liability in March. The men, both of whom are Somali-American Muslims, were represented by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employers must make accommodations for workers' religious beliefs unless doing so would impose "undue hardship" on the business.

the trucking company admitted that drivers often switched their assignments, meaning it would have been reasonable to accommodate the men's request, rather than firing them.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...rs-refuse-to-deliver-beer-win-240-000-lawsuit
Ah, thanks for putting the cherry on top then. Makes sense.

glorydaz

about the Christian baker choosing who to enter into a business contract with?

of course he's not right

He was right about the cases being different. Are you going to look at what I put in yellow, or just donkey down and refuse to give Town any credit whatsoever?

He wasn't saying whether it was right or wrong, he was talking about the legal differences. :sigh:

glorydaz

Ah, thanks for putting the cherry on top then. Makes sense.

"were represented by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employers must make accommodations for workers' religious beliefs unless doing so would impose "undue hardship" on the business."​

Okay, it wasn't really Obama. It was the EEOC.

And, it was judged according to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I withdraw my objection. :sherlock:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see Kim Davis as the equivalent of an employee who refuses to perform all of her required job duties.

Homosexual behavior is immoral. Drinking beer, whiskey, or wine is not. By the way, she upheld the law.

glorydaz

you didn't put anything in yellow in your response to me

Crud. That's just about stupid. I put the yellow in after your response, and then scolded you for not paying it any attention. Sorry.....my bad.

I think I'll just exit stage right.....er....up. :rapture:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doesn't it seem like Muslims are even higher on the liberal ladder than even gays? Why are those two groups, which are so opposed to each other, so revered by liberals? It seems the only thing in common is hatred of Christianity.
Bullseye!

drbrumley

In other news about christians and muslims...

A federal appeals court said police violated the free speech rights of Christian evangelists by telling them to leave a June 2012 Arab-American festival in Dearborn, Michigan after an angry crowd began pelting them with bottles, eggs and other objects.

By an 8-7 vote, the entire 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday said Wayne County, Michigan and two deputy police chiefs were civilly liable to members of Bible Believers for violating their First Amendment rights.

The case now returns to a federal district judge to award damages and attorney's fee

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/...ichigan-speech-case-over-Arab-festival-430355