What are the Real Reasons People Voted for Trump?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
oh ok

in that case, i counter your story with my own

my sister's best friend's dog sniffed another dog the other day that was being walked by its owner whose son's babysitter knew a guy from Guatemala who says that you're lying

I win! :roses:

One reason you're one of my favorites!!:rotfl:

TweetyBird

lol, the innocent Americans are blocking highways, burning cars, and beating up folks they disagree with,and that is EXACTLY why Trump got elected to stop their racist and bigoted ignorance.

The minority are causing trouble. Trump got elected because a lot more people than we realize agree with his bigotry and his ranting insults against every people group except white straight males. The majority of ethnic people are trying to stay out of the limelight, afraid for their lives.

glassjester

Yet Kaine accepted the VP nomination on a radically pro abortion political party.

Right, exactly. If Kaine can claim to be personally against abortion, but politically for it, then Trump is capable of doing the opposite - being personally for it, and politically against it (again, if you're right about him being personally for it).

Regarding Trump: I'm not aware that people set their personal beliefs aside (i.e,. their worldview) when it comes to politics, and if they do, can they be trusted?

No, they probably can't be trusted. But Trump at least claims to be pro-life - politically and personally.

glassjester

The minority are causing trouble. Trump got elected because a lot more people than we realize agree with his bigotry and his ranting insults against every people group except white straight males.

We didn't vote for BFF. We voted for president.

Do you think abortions should be illegal for rich women?

Gurucam

It was a typo. I am not a supporter of Trump and I did not vote for him. He is a bully and a bigot. I think it's devastating that he got elected.

Even feminists hate him. However the majority of the U.S.A. citizenry, including women do not share your view or the view of feminists. They voted for President elect Trump.

It is now time for the minority who voted for Clinton to stop their hate campaign. And accept reality. As flawed as democracy might be, you have chosen that way, simply by continuing to live in the U.S.A.

It is time for you and Clinton to stop crying, like spoiled children.

Your will and Clinton's will were never guaranteed. Why the sadness. It is foolish to get carried away.

It is far more serious for (Presidential hopeful) Clinton to be so dead to (unintelligent/uninformed about) the reality in her country.

She boast about the back up intelligence of the U.S.A. (which she had access to) and yet she was so surprised by the way her citizens vote. She is clearly the Old with the inadequate old devises.

Thank God for the refreshingly New President elect Trump and his new intuitive devises.

TweetyBird

We didn't vote to decide who should be the best man at our wedding, we voted for the president.

It's about policy, not personality.

Snapple Fact: Thomas Jefferson owned black people. He cheated on his wife, too. Possibly even raped slaves. Awesome president, though.

It's funny that people like to make up excuses why great men should be allowed their sins for the sake of the country.

Thomas Jefferson lived in a time period where slavery was acceptable. Are you saying that we should go "back to it" - cause it sure seems like Trump would be on board with that.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does pro-life have to do with the election? Why does it matter? We have abortion laws in place. They are not going to go away. A presidential candidate should not be held to either a pro-life or against it.

“What does slavery have to do with the election? Why does it matter? We have slavery laws in place. They are not going away. A presidential candidate should not be held to either a pro-slavery or against it.” - TweetyBird?

I have not posted anything about slavery. Why are you saying that I did?

“What does slavery have to do with the election? Why does it matter? We have slavery laws in place. They are not going away. A presidential candidate should not be held to either a pro-slavery or against it.” - TweetyBird?

Does that help???

glassjester

It's funny that people like to make up excuses why great men should be allowed their sins for the sake of the country.

Thomas Jefferson lived in a time period where slavery was acceptable. Are you saying that we should go "back to it" - cause it sure seems like Trump would be on board with that.

His sins shouldn't be allowed.
But if you're only going to vote for someone without any sins, you'll never vote for anyone.

Anyway, do you think abortions should be illegal for rich women?

TweetyBird

yes, you did:

I did not say it. Scheesh. It was part of a quote, posted for informational purposes. Did I need to write a very long exception clause of disagreement in all the parts I found untrue? If you want to rip the quote apart, fine, but do not attribute the entire contents to me.

The point, which apparently went over your head, is that MANY people believe Trump is a bigot and it is causing a lot of fear, confusion, and anxiety in the USA at the moment. Do you not care about that?

TweetyBird

Right. I know you didn't post it. I asked it.

I am asking that question because every defense you've come up with for abortion has been related to poverty.
So do you think abortion should be illegal for rich women?

Not one post of mine has related abortion to poverty.

Gurucam

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
That being said: I have to give credit to Gurucam, because unlike many that voted for Trump, he knows that he and Trump think alike on the abortion issue.

Yet Kaine accepted the VP nomination on a radically pro abortion political party.

Regarding Trump: I'm not aware that people set their personal beliefs aside (i.e,. their worldview) when it comes to politics, and if they do, can they be trusted?

Abortion can come onto the national agenda, only through a nation wide referendum.

Catholics are the strongest proponents of anti-abortion. However their ideas are very contradicting and confusing.

They cannot offer a clear and consistent argument for abortion or against abortion.

Life on earth is not at all important, for those who have a safe and guaranteed passage to heaven.