weekly weigh in

SaulToPaul 2

Strained back has kept me sidelined all week, from working out.
And I've been eating 2.22 Mr Cookie Bars per day, like saint john w the great. :chew:

SaulToPaul 2

It is a muscle strain and I'm still dealing with it. I think it's starting to subside, but my neck still hasn't loosened up much. It's going to be at least a few more days for me.

Hang tough, sister!

I'm about 85%, I was back to lifting this weekend. :)

SaulToPaul 2

Sunday AM church workout:

Bench Press:

225 x 5 (Wide grip)
225 x 5
260 x 1
260 x 1

210 x 5 (Narrow grip)
210 x 5

200 x 5 (Medium grip)

And a few light squats, to boot.

:noid:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
lack of strength is sometimes mistaken for poor flexibility. Sometimes you can't do what you used to be able to do, because you're weaker, and not because you're less flexible.
The main reason I think so is because of deep squats. I get down in a catcher's stance, as low as I can crouch, my knees pop, and it feels like a position from which there's no way I could stand up, and I crouch there for a while, and then I stand up. 20 times, and I'm able to come out of a complete squat/crouch easily with no weight, and then with a little weight is where I'm strength training.

Squatting engages more muscles than any other power lift, if I'm not mistaken. When we buy beef, we are buying muscle. Each cattle animal has so much muscle, in pounds, and so do people. The lift that works more of your muscle than any other, is squats.

SaulToPaul 2

The main reason I think so is because of deep squats. I get down in a catcher's stance, as low as I can crouch, my knees pop, and it feels like a position from which there's no way I could stand up, and I crouch there for a while, and then I stand up. 20 times, and I'm able to come out of a complete squat/crouch easily with no weight, and then with a little weight is where I'm strength training.

Squatting engages more muscles than any other power lift, if I'm not mistaken. When we buy beef, we are buying muscle. Each cattle animal has so much muscle, in pounds, and so do people. The lift that works more of your muscle than any other, is squats.

I think you are right, the second being the dead lift probably.