weekly weigh in

SaulToPaul 2

222 today. :chew:

Last night's workout made me happy.

Bench Press

250 x 3 x 3 , wide grip
240 x 3 x 2, close grip
230 x 3 x 2, medium grip

A few light squats. Then, pork chops and salmon.

SaulToPaul 2

Boy, you shore are pickin' on me today, Mayor! I reckon I might have to put you on my "Big Freeze" list, like I did to the milk and meat lady. "LOL"

I'm sorry, saint john. I didn't mean for you to get sore at me.
I reckon you're just high spirited.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, saint john. I didn't mean for you to get sore at me.
I reckon you're just high spirited.

You don't have a Mr. Cookie Bar, every Thursday night, like I have had, Mayor, and then go without, "cold turkey," and not be affected. Sorry if I seem a might sensitive. Perhaps a weekend at the corner room at "the Y," in Dallas, would hep my spirits.

SaulToPaul 2

You don't have a Mr. Cookie Bar, every Thursday night, like I have had, Mayor, and then go without, "cold turkey," and not be affected. Sorry if I seem a might sensitive. Perhaps a weekend at the corner room at "the Y," in Dallas, would hep my spirits.

Are you having a sinking spell? Are you getting the shakes without your sugar fix?
Maybe one of Bea's pickles will steady your hands.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you having a sinking spell? Are you getting the shakes without your sugar fix?
Maybe one of Bea's pickles will steady your hands.

That "pick me up" is being satisfied by a daily "double" of "Huckleberry Smash," and a weekly visit to the "clip joint," for a heavy dose of "Witch Hazel."

SaulToPaul 2

Just saw this link on IF

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1642/This-Is-What-Happens-To-Your-Body-When-You-Don-t-Eat-For-16-Hours

I have nothing against IF and may try it soon but it looks to me like it amounts to a variation on caloric restriction. What's the main difference between eating only within an 8 hour block vs eating smaller meals at the usual times?

I generally skip breakfast and eat two meals within an 8 hour window.

I think there's some evidence that fat burning is in high gear for those morning hours while you are fasting.
There are mild spikes in HGH production while fasting.
And less insulin spikes are a good thing.

I don't think there's any huge advantage to it over eating more smaller meals.
I just like being able to eat bigger meals while keeping total calories in check. For me, breakfast
is calories I don't need or particularly want.

:chew:

DavidK

Figured since I've started participating here again regularly and am currently losing fat, I might as well join in on this thread.

I'm 6'1", 43 years old. Heaviest I've ever weighed was 260. Got down to 215 earlier this summer then went on vacation and the scale read 229 when I got back :O

This morning I'm down to 223.

john w

Hall of Fame
172, lost an inch/2 lbs. around the belly, but gained 2 lbs. in my brain. Took a nap after discovering how brilliant-er I am, from last week.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your metabolic rate is influenced by volume not frequency. So eating 2000 calories over 6 meals through the day boosts your metabolism the same amount if you ate it all in one meal. The benefit to Intermittent fasting is that it changes your metabolized status. I forgot the technical terms for it.. it basically means fed/unfed states. Your body is fueling it self on your fat reserves at this time when you're fasted. So if you burn 100 calories fed, if you did the same thing while fasted it can be double or even quadruple the calories burned. Fasting also increases human growth hormone by 100s of %. Growth hormone increases lean mass and causes you to lose fat easier. Basically you don't put on as much fat eating the same stuff if you just put it all in one meal a day.

I am experienced when it comes to IF having done it for a long time. If I could put it into numbers maybe even over a 1000 times lol. I have done longer water fasts too, I just did one for 16 days. That's a different kind of fast but it also has its own benefits.

Read leangains IF blog to learn more on IF. Or look up the science and fine art by herbert m shelton to learn more about fasting in general.

Can I still take a nap?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Last night I went with the Whalen diet. I had a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for dinner.