Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified . . . .

Cross Reference

This verse of scripture, as written, must be acknowledged as fact, not fiction:

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:" Acts 2:22 (KJV)

BDMX

Jesus means Savior and Christ means King.

Jesus Christ was foreordained King and Savior before the first Adam.

Jesus Christ is the last Adam.

"And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man." (1 Corinthians 15:49)

Jesus is an Anglicized form of Iesous,which is a Hellenized form of Yeshua, which means "saved by God." Messiah is literal "anointed one," which could refer to a prophet, priest or king. Interestingly, Jesus fills all three of these roles.

keypurr

Only God has eternal life. Humans don't and angels don't.

I think God can give eternal life as he wishes.

The "logos" is the most advanced creation for it/he was given the power of his creator. He is firstborn of all creatures. The "logos" took human form and brought us light. God was alone until he created his express image.

keypurr

You were lead down the wrong path, away from the truth, some years ago. You know you are wrong, that's why you keep posting anti-trinity propaganda day after day. You are trying to convince yourself of your own false doctrine.

It is not me that is preaching propaganda Patrick, the church has done it for over 2000 years.

There is no Trinity recorded in scripture. That is purely a pagan custom.

keypurr

You were lead down the wrong path, away from the truth, some years ago. You know you are wrong, that's why you keep posting anti-trinity propaganda day after day. You are trying to convince yourself of your own false doctrine.

Do you really think Paul preached Jesus as God?

Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—
Rom 1:2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
Rom 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
Rom 1:4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 1:5 Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.
Rom 1:6 And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
Rom 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.
Rom 1:9 God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
Rom 1:10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
1Co 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
1Co 1:3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all the saints throughout Achaia:
2Co 1:2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Co 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—
Gal 1:2 and all the brothers with me, To the churches in Galatia:
Gal 1:3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4 who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
Gal 1:5 to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Php 1:1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
Php 1:2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Php 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
Col 1:2 To the holy and faithful brothers in Christ at Colosse: Grace and peace to you from God our Father.
Col 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

I can give you more.....but if you fail to see the words God AND our Lord Jesus Christ it would be a waste of time. Did not Jesus Christ say "if you believe in God, believe ALSO in me" Does that tell you anything?

keypurr

What does Peter say:

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
1Pe 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

How about James:

Jas 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings.
Jude:

Jud 1:1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ:
Jud 1:2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father is the only true God.
His Son is our Lord.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit power of the Father.

My thoughts.

I agree except that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father Himself.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
oatmeal

Thats a invalid statement not found in scripture.

In fact Paul says specifically that God created all things by Jesus Christ Eph 3:9

9 [FONT="]And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

This speaks to His existense before creation, so certainly before His virgin birth ![/FONT]

No it does not.

Only in the intention and knowledge of what God would do.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Patrick,

You have been programmed to believe something not stated in scripture.

You have to seek God in an unbiased manner for the truth from Christ Himself.

Many have.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can Jesus Christ impart eternal life?

Who else besides God can impart eternal life?

Jesus Christ.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

oatmeal

oatmeal

Thats a invalid statement not found in scripture.

In fact Paul says specifically that God created all things by Jesus Christ Eph 3:9

9 [FONT="]And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

This speaks to His existense before creation, so certainly before His virgin birth ![/FONT]

Well, nice try.

the words "by Jesus Christ" is omitted in the Greek texts.

Thus Ephesians 3:9 says, ".... God created all things"

keypurr

Can Jesus Christ impart eternal life?

Who else besides God can impart eternal life?

Has not all authority been given to Jesus Christ?

Has not judgement been put in his hands?

Do you believe that YHWH can give that power to whom he wishes?

I have no problem see the power given to the Son by the Father.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Well, nice try.

the words "by Jesus Christ" is omitted in the Greek texts.

Thus Ephesians 3:9 says, ".... God created all things"

I think most do not realize that the logos is a spirit just as the Father is. This spirit took the form of man. The man was not at he creation but the logos was.

Sent from my iPad using TOL