That's a "meaningless, subjective bit of rhetoric."

sad-puppy.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is illegal to do that. You cannot do that.
The government forces millions to give their money to people who do not deserve it through the welfare programs that it runs, and takes a portion of it for itself.

It's legalized theft, done by the government. Now, you and I can't do it, because the government doesn't like competition.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The government forces millions to give their money to people who do not deserve it through the welfare programs that it runs, and takes a portion of it for itself.

It's legalized theft, done by the government. Now, you and I can't do it, because the government doesn't like competition.

If the government dicide to spend the tax on needy people, nothing is wrong with that. Government people are chosen by people.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Japanese government send donation to needy or disaster stricken countries using the tax.

I think that is a good thing to do. So common people don't have to feel guilty.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If the government dicide to spend the tax on needy people, nothing is wrong with that. Government people are chosen by people.

The government does not have the right to tax people the amount that they do to fund such programs, let alone institute the programs themselves.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Japanese government send donation to needy or disaster stricken countries using the tax.

The Japanese government should not do that. The Japanese people should give of their own free will to those in need.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I can almost guarantee you this: The people would be much happier if they were the ones giving the amount they chose, rather than having the money taken from them by the government and having no control over how much was taken.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Will my answer affect yours?
Dramatically. But we have to move beyond a peculiarly needless and inferentially insulting choice of verbs.

How should the poor who are incapable of providing for themselves, in the moment or habitually, find relief? Begging on street corners? Random acts of kindness? And are we conflating that objectionable verb with a portion of taxation, much of which goes to all sorts of things that benefit the society in general and various people in particular, none of it with our particular say? Because if so it baffles and saddens me. Are there really so many people, so absent the sensibility of Christ in this nation that they claim to not begrudge the giving, but insist it be proceeded with a "Please?" That their delicacy on the point is of more pressing importance than people without the means to feed themselves or stand against the cold or sickness? And why should I credit that small a human being with any deeper sensation or honest regard that would, absent mechanism, compel them?

Is there a way that you'd consider that to be acceptable?
With the verb in play? No. Without it, of course.

Last edited:

marhig

Please explain using scripture, how one breaks the seal of God and how one snatches themselves back out of His hand.

By living by the lusts of our flesh and carrying on living our lives to suit ourselves, putting ourselves before God, wilfully sinning when we know it's wrong before God. Disobeying him. By doing this we turn away and God gives us over to our reprobate minds. Jesus did not come as a substitute for us, to be crucified so that we can carry on sinning. Jesus came and bore witness to the truth, preaching the word of God and living it out, to teach us to repent, and to turn from sin and do the will of the living God.

Romans 1

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

All of the book of Jude!

1 Corinthians 9

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Romans 11

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him.to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned

I've seen it said on here that you're once saved always saved, and those who do really bad things weren't saved on the first place

So how do you know who is saved and who isn't? No one can, because we don't know one anothers hearts. Many can say they are saved, and look wonderful of the outside but be wicked within all hidden from those around them. Yet everyone around them will see them as saved, baptised into their church, accepted by God. Yet God sees the heart.

For example: I wonder which one God will see, someone who doesn't believe in the trinity, who doesn't believe in once saved always saved, but loves God with all their hearts and lives by his will. Or someone who professes him with their mouths, believes in the trinity, says that they are saved, looks the part on the outside, yet inside they have a wicked heart and they do evil deeds in the darkness of their hearts all hidden from others. And vice versa.

Nothing is hidden from God. And only he knows who are truly his and who are truly saved, and those who are truly saved are those who love God with all their hearts, minds and souls, who love their neighbour as themselves, who worship him in Spirit and in truth, they are those who turn from the lusts of their flesh, who lay down their lives for others, becoming living sacrifices to do the will of God. They are those who truly love him and they are strengthened to overcome by the power of the holy spirit, through Christ, and you will see the love and life of Christ in and through them.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The impoverished aren't going to sit by the wayside and suffer in respect to a wealthy person's moral conundrums. You can sit there and complain and complain, and internally see yourself as superior and deserving of your wealth, and it isn't going to change anything :rolleyes:

marhig

I can almost guarantee you this: The people would be much happier if they were the ones giving the amount they chose, rather than having the money taken from them by the government and having no control over how much was taken.

Our government sent a man into space for 6 months for I think it was around 700 million pounds. I'd rather they help people in need with our taxes then do things like that.

Our governments waste money on many things that are a lot worse than helping people who need it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Our government sent a man into space for 6 months for I think it was around 700 million pounds. I'd rather they help people in need with our taxes then do things like that.

Our governments waste money on many things that are a lot worse than helping people who need it.

I'll say it here, now. The government's only roles are to protect it's citizens and their God-given rights, and where possible, protect others and their rights, and to provide infrastructure for it's citizens.

Anything else and the government is overstepping it's boundaries, and becomes inefficient at doing those three things above.

By the way, and you liberals (and even some Christians) will hate what I'm about to say, no one has the right to food, water, shelter, clothing, energy, healthcare, or education. Excepting for emergency relief, from natural disasters or short-term life-and-death crises, and for government employees only as mission critical, the government must not give or subsidize resources to anyone, nor can it compel charitable giving.