'Warning Lights Are Blinking Red,' Top Intelligence Officer Says of Russian Attacks

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Joe Walsh gave up on Trump:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-joe-walsh-show/walsh20180716

Pretty incredible show.

Joe Walsh:

"Smh. @RandPaul, be better than this. I don't have Trump derangement syndrome. And I don't want to go to war. I'd just like the President of the United States to care more about defending the United States than defending his own reputation. And for 18 months, he hasn't done that."

"Trump met alone with Putin for over two hours.The thought of this still scares the hell out of me. It should scare all Americans."

"2 weeks before he was sworn in, Trump was shown highly classified information that proved Putin ordered the hacking of the 2016 election. So the breaking news is that for 18 months Trump has been lying about Russian interference?Trump has been lying? That's not breaking news."

"I've always tried to balance my personal distaste for Trump with my support for much of the agenda. The good Trump/bad Trump thing. After today, that dance is over. The bad Trump now clearly outweighs any policy benefits.He is a danger to this country. I can't straddle anymore."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Joe Walsh:

"Smh. @RandPaul, be better than this. I don't have Trump derangement syndrome. And I don't want to go to war. I'd just like the President of the United States to care more about defending the United States than defending his own reputation. And for 18 months, he hasn't done that."

"Trump met alone with Putin for over two hours.The thought of this still scares the hell out of me. It should scare all Americans."

"2 weeks before he was sworn in, Trump was shown highly classified information that proved Putin ordered the hacking of the 2016 election. So the breaking news is that for 18 months Trump has been lying about Russian interference?Trump has been lying? That's not breaking news."

"I've always tried to balance my personal distaste for Trump with my support for much of the agenda. The good Trump/bad Trump thing. After today, that dance is over. The bad Trump now clearly outweighs any policy benefits.He is a danger to this country. I can't straddle anymore."

Fake news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Brennen a communist sympathizer appointed by obama to Head the CIA is being controlled by Putin.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

When I wrote, back in February, that I was skeptical that President Donald Trump would ever be proved to have secretly colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election in his favor, I mistyped.
What I meant to write was that I wasn’t skeptical. . . .

Politically speaking, Trump’s devotion to his pro-Putin line doesn’t make sense. Yes, the GOP base is impressionable, and perhaps Republican voters would accept it if Trump came out and said, “You bet, Russia helped get me elected, and wasn’t that a good thing? We couldn’t let Crooked Hillary win!” But nobody would say his odd solicitousness toward the Kremlin leader is a political winner, and it certainly causes an unnecessary amount of friction with Republicans in Congress. He’s kept it up at great political cost to himself, and that suggest either that he is possessed by an anomalous level of conviction on this one issue, despite his extraordinary malleability on everything else—or that he’s beholden to Putin in some way.

You don’t have to buy Jonathan Chait’s sleeper agent theory of Trump to believe that something is deeply weird about all this. Nor do you need to be convinced that Putin is hanging onto a recording of something untoward that may have taken place in a certain Moscow hotel room. You don’t even have to buy the theory that Trump’s business is overly dependent on illicit flows of Russia money, giving Putin leverage. As Julia Ioffe posits, the kompromat could well be the mere fact of the Russian election meddling itself.

Blake Hounshell is the editor in chief of POLITICO Magazine.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

When I wrote, back in February, that I was skeptical that President Donald Trump would ever be proved to have secretly colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election in his favor, I mistyped.
What I meant to write was that I wasn’t skeptical. . . .

Politically speaking, Trump’s devotion to his pro-Putin line doesn’t make sense. Yes, the GOP base is impressionable, and perhaps Republican voters would accept it if Trump came out and said, “You bet, Russia helped get me elected, and wasn’t that a good thing? We couldn’t let Crooked Hillary win!” But nobody would say his odd solicitousness toward the Kremlin leader is a political winner, and it certainly causes an unnecessary amount of friction with Republicans in Congress. He’s kept it up at great political cost to himself, and that suggest either that he is possessed by an anomalous level of conviction on this one issue, despite his extraordinary malleability on everything else—or that he’s beholden to Putin in some way.

You don’t have to buy Jonathan Chait’s sleeper agent theory of Trump to believe that something is deeply weird about all this. Nor do you need to be convinced that Putin is hanging onto a recording of something untoward that may have taken place in a certain Moscow hotel room. You don’t even have to buy the theory that Trump’s business is overly dependent on illicit flows of Russia money, giving Putin leverage. As Julia Ioffe posits, the kompromat could well be the mere fact of the Russian election meddling itself.

Blake Hounshell is the editor in chief of POLITICO Magazine.

Nope. You said you were skeptical. That’s written evidence, it’s fact. Nice try kid.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
DHS: Russian hackers got into control rooms of US utilities

Russian hackers were able to penetrate the control rooms of hundreds of U.S. utilities last year as part of a campaign against power company vendors that could be ongoing, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials told the Journal that hackers working for a state-sponsored group known as Dragonfly or Energetic Bear were able to get inside the networks of U.S. utilities to the point that they could have disrupted power service and caused blackouts.

"They got to the point where they could have thrown switches" said Jonathan Homer, chief of industrial-control-system analysis for DHS.

The department did not disclose which companies were victimized by the hacks, but indicated there were hundreds affected by the breach
. Other companies reportedly may still be unaware they were part of the breach because the hackers may have broken in using employee credentials.

The U.S. government had previously accused Russia of staging a multi-year cyberattack campaign against the energy grid and other elements of critical infrastructure in the United States.

It said the effort dated back to at least early 2016, and focused on networks belonging to small commercial facilities with the goal of working up toward larger energy companies.

The newly disclosed details of the Russian campaign comes amid growing concerns about Russia's efforts to interfere in the 2018 midterm elections.​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
DHS: Russian hackers got into control rooms of US utilities

Russian hackers were able to penetrate the control rooms of hundreds of U.S. utilities last year as part of a campaign against power company vendors that could be ongoing, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials told the Journal that hackers working for a state-sponsored group known as Dragonfly or Energetic Bear were able to get inside the networks of U.S. utilities to the point that they could have disrupted power service and caused blackouts.

"They got to the point where they could have thrown switches" said Jonathan Homer, chief of industrial-control-system analysis for DHS.

The department did not disclose which companies were victimized by the hacks, but indicated there were hundreds affected by the breach
. Other companies reportedly may still be unaware they were part of the breach because the hackers may have broken in using employee credentials.

The U.S. government had previously accused Russia of staging a multi-year cyberattack campaign against the energy grid and other elements of critical infrastructure in the United States.

It said the effort dated back to at least early 2016, and focused on networks belonging to small commercial facilities with the goal of working up toward larger energy companies.

The newly disclosed details of the Russian campaign comes amid growing concerns about Russia's efforts to interfere in the 2018 midterm elections.​

if russia's doing it, nork can do it, china can do it, iran can do it, isis can do it, any of the rogue actors in the stans can do it, a twelve year old with a laptop in his mom's basement can do it

better tighten up our security instead of whining at russia

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
if russia's doing it, nork can do it, china can do it, iran can do it, isis can do it, any of the rogue actors in the stans can do it, a twelve year old with a laptop in his mom's basement can do it

better tighten up our security instead of whining at russia

Yeah, like our GOP-controlled government will do anything about it... they just blocked additional cybersecurity funding. It suits them to win an election with help from the Russians, but don't seem to mind waiting until the power supply gets sabotaged. We experienced a huge blackout in 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Southwest_blackout

and if our enemies (you can say it, it's okay) can do that and keep it rolling for days, it would be catastrophic. Our advanced technology is also our Achilles' heel.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

"It's all working out. Just remember: What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

- Donald Trump - July 24, 2018

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
[h=1]EVIDENCE RUSSIA TIPPED ELECTION FOR TRUMP ‘STAGGERING,’ SAYS FORMER U.S. INTEL CHIEF JAMES CLAPPER[/h]
“Of course, the Russian efforts affected the outcome . . . Surprising even themselves, they swung the election to a Trump win. To conclude otherwise stretches logic, common sense and credulity to the breaking point. Less than eighty thousand votes in three key states swung the election. I have no doubt that more votes than that were influenced by this massive effort by the Russians.”

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
EVIDENCE RUSSIA TIPPED ELECTION FOR TRUMP ‘STAGGERING,’ SAYS FORMER U.S. INTEL CHIEF JAMES CLAPPER

“Of course, the Russian efforts affected the outcome . . . Surprising even themselves, they swung the election to a Trump win. To conclude otherwise stretches logic, common sense and credulity to the breaking point. Less than eighty thousand votes in three key states swung the election. I have no doubt that more votes than that were influenced by this massive effort by the Russians.”

Russia is a friend to no one and will undoubtedly meddle again. As Marco Rubio pointed out: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us.

Should that happen, the GOP will have reaped what they sowed ...

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
EVIDENCE RUSSIA TIPPED ELECTION FOR TRUMP ‘STAGGERING,’ SAYS FORMER U.S. INTEL CHIEF JAMES CLAPPER

The only staggering thing is the hutspa it took for anyone to tell that big of a lie.

Mueller Report, April 18, 2019, still no collusion. Forty days of tears for the Lying Left

ok doser

[h=1]EVIDENCE RUSSIA TIPPED ELECTION FOR TRUMP ‘STAGGERING,’ SAYS FORMER U.S. INTEL CHIEF JAMES CLAPPER[/h]

if true, we owe russia a debt of gratitude that we can never repay :thumb:

ok doser

It's true.

it's unprovable speculation by the author of the piece

And the right wing looked the other way,

before the election?

because their hatred of Clinton was ...

based on their knowledge of her behavior over the years

greater than their concern for country.

i disagree - i think there was a very real fear that a hillary presidency, continuing the failed policies of the previous affirmative action president, would do irreparable harm to the country

and that the harm potentially caused by a trump presidency would be mitigated by the fact that nobody on either side of the aisle would work with him