Unconditional Election: True or False?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually the doctrine from Scripture was taught well before the term "Calvinist" arrived on the scene. Early Church Fathers advocated the same, as did Augustine, and others, especially the Reformers. Try not to give Calvinists all the credit, Jerry.

If election unto salvation is not unconditional, then it must be conditioned upon something. You have claimed it is conditioned on your ability to choose wisely to believe, and when pressed "Why you and not your neighbor?" you finally admit it is because you were more open to the Good News than was your neighbor. After all, if everyone is equally given prevenient grace by God to be able to decide wisely, then one's wise choice to believe ultimately comes down to something unique about the individual that chose wisely.

Please explain what in the below does not apply to your view, for I see your view to be a claim that you are not at all like us poor, presumptuous, Calvinists, because...

1. You were born with a glorious free will
2. You were born with a power by which you can turn to God by yourself
3. You have improved your grace given to you by God that enabled you to believe or not to believe
4. If everybody had done the same with their same grace as you have done, they all would have been saved
5. You know that God does not make you willing if you are not willing
6. It was not God's grace that made you differerent from your neighbor, for all have been given the same grace
7. You made use of what was given you, and others did not
8. That you did so explains the difference between you and others

What have I missed? There are eight claims you have made or implied in the past above. Please explain for me how I have not understood you in each of the above claims.

AMR

Those of the generation killed in the flood BECAME unsavable, not that they were born unsavable.

The truth is that men are saved not only due to their own decision but made able by the Godliness of those around them or sent to them.

You are a preacher. What need is there for you?

LA