'Two Powers in Heaven' - YHWH + REDEEMER

Truster

"His" redeemer. "His" refers to Israel. The text is strictly monotheistic, and is actually a good argument against the divinity of a dead 1st century Jew.

Yisra'El means Ruled of El. Those whom He has redeemed He now Rules. Prior to the application of redemption they were/are ruled by the prince of the power of the air. The knowledge and understanding of what words actually mean clears up a lot of confusion.

PS The experience of the application of redemption clears up all confusion.

chair

Yisra'El means Ruled of El. Those whom He has redeemed He now Rules. Prior to the application of redemption they were/are ruled by the prince of the power of the air. The knowledge and understanding of what words actually mean clears up a lot of confusion.

PS The experience of the application of redemption clears up all confusion.
I know what the words in the verse mean, but your words are confusion. Can you explain a tad more clearly?

Elia

You neither have a Prophet, nor a Priest, nor a King, nor a Redeemer for 2,000 years now.
Israel and "Judaism" ceased to exist in 70 A.D.

Bs"d

Judaism is alive and kicking.

Christianity is less than a shadow of what it was 2000 years ago.

Christianity has lowered itself to lawlessness, idolatry, and paganism.

Judaism, like already more than 3000 years, serves only the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

beameup

Bs"d
_________________________________________________________________________________

Tell us about your "missionary activity" among the Gentiles - being a "light unto the Gentiles" these last 2 millennia - and preaching/teaching to them your 7 NoHide Laws.
We are waiting...

Now the angel of YHWH came up from Gilgal to Bochim. And he said, “I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land which I have sworn to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you, - Judges 2:1
Since when do angels make "covenants"???
Hint: Two Powers

beameup

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. - Daniel 7:13

The BCE Jews clearly believed in "Two Powers" in Heaven.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. - Daniel 7:14

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs"d

Your nation of Israel is no different. Have you seen Telaviv lately?

Both Israel of the flesh and flesh christianity end up at the same lost place.

I suggest you find out how to enter the new Jerusalem which comes down from above.

Judaism, like already more than 3000 years, serves only the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

No. If you do not know the Son then you do not know the Father--

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. - Daniel 7:13

The BCE Jews clearly believed in "Two Powers" in Heaven.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. - Daniel 7:14

True, and its in the scriptures which judaism claims to believe.

LA

beameup

True, and its in the scriptures which judaism claims to believe.

LA

The Jews believed in Two Powers, otherwise no one would have recognized and embraced Yeshua Messiah when He arrived. Israel was "prepared" by their own Scriptures. However, the Jewish religious establishment was submissive and obedient to Rome and preferred Caesar as their "King", thus turning over Yeshua to the Romans for crucifixion.

Now, "reformed" Judaism began immediately after the total destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, so were no longer able to observe Moses. The "reformation" went to extreme measures to "stamp out" any historical knowledge of a "Yeshua of Nazareth", and they've been at this "revisionism" of history for about 2,000 years now. They've even had to tamper with their own scriptures in order to "stamp-out" all memory of a Yeshua of Nazareth. But in the process of "tampering" with their scriptures they now cannot even understand their own scriptures, turning instead to fables and old-wives-tales from their precious Talmud.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Jews believed in Two Powers, otherwise no one would have recognized and embraced Yeshua Messiah when He arrived. Israel was "prepared" by their own Scriptures. However, the Jewish religious establishment was submissive and obedient to Rome and preferred Caesar as their "King", thus turning over Yeshua to the Romans for crucifixion.

Now, "reformed" Judaism began immediately after the total destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, so were no longer able to observe Moses. The "reformation" went to extreme measures to "stamp out" any historical knowledge of a "Yeshua of Nazareth", and they've been at this "revisionism" of history for about 2,000 years now. They've even had to tamper with their own scriptures in order to "stamp-out" all memory of a Yeshua of Nazareth. But in the process of "tampering" with their scriptures they now cannot even understand their own scriptures, turning instead to fables and old-wives-tales from their precious Talmud.

Amazing the lengths men go to in order to dig holes to bury themselves in.

The RCC has been tampering with history too.

LA

beameup

Exodus 34:1-6
Now the LORD said to Moses, “Cut out for yourself two stone tablets like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered. “So be ready by morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai, and present yourself there to Me on the top of the mountain. “No man is to come up with you, nor let any man be seen [fn]anywhere on the mountain; even the flocks and the herds may not graze in front of that mountain.” So he [Moses] cut out two stone tablets like the former ones, and Moses rose up early in the morning and went up to Mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and he took two stone tablets in his hand.

YHWH descended in the cloud and stood there with him [Moses] as HE called upon THE NAME of YHWH.

Then YHWH passed by in front of him [Moses] and proclaimed, “YHWH - YHWH 'el,
compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth"
Clearly TWO YHWH

Elia

Exodus 34:1-6
Now the LORD said to Moses, “Cut out for yourself two stone tablets like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered. “So be ready by morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai, and present yourself there to Me on the top of the mountain. “No man is to come up with you, nor let any man be seen [fn]anywhere on the mountain; even the flocks and the herds may not graze in front of that mountain.” So he [Moses] cut out two stone tablets like the former ones, and Moses rose up early in the morning and went up to Mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and he took two stone tablets in his hand.

YHWH descended in the cloud and stood there with him [Moses] as HE called upon THE NAME of YHWH.

Then YHWH passed by in front of him [Moses] and proclaimed, “YHWH - YHWH 'el,
compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth"
Clearly TWO YHWH

Bs"d

The Torah teaches that there is one G.d, Y-H-W-H, who is a jealous G.d, who allows no other gods beside Him. See Exodus 20:3. G.d's name, Y-H-W-H, appears almost 7000 times in the Old Testament. The King James translation translates this name as "The LORD", with small capital letters. This G.d is the one and only G.d for the Jews, as it is written in the Hebrew Bible;

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is G.d in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

"I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

This Jewish G.d is one, as it is written; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, .Y-H-W-H is one." Deuteronomy 6:4 The King James translation translates this as: "Hear Israel, the LORD our G.d is one LORD." . Here in Deuteronomium 6:4 too, the word "the LORD" stands for Y-H-W-H in the Hebrew text. When we insert G.d's name into this translation, we get; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H our G.d is one Y-H-W-H." This is not a correct translation, the correct translation is as above mentioned; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, Y-H-W-H is one."

The fact that G.d is one is so important that G.d commands this to be in the heart. It must be diligently taught to the children, the Jews must talk about it when they sit in their houses, when they walk upon the way, when they lie down and when they rise up. They must bind it as a sign upon their arm, and it must be frontlets between their eyes, and they must write it upon the doorposts of their houses and upon their gates. See Deuteronomy 6:4-9 --

The Jews until this day do this. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that G.d is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that G.d is one.

So for the Jewish people there is one G.d, and that one G.d is one.

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but ONE.

Let us now take a look at the message that the New Testament is trying to give us, armed with the knowledge that, as shown before, there is one G.d, and that one G.d is one. Surprising as it may be, in the New Testament G.d is also one. Look for this fact at the following verses: Mark 12:29-34. Here Jesus himself, when asked what is the first commandment, quotes Deuteronomy 6:4: "Hear Israel, the Lord our G.d is one Lord." And in verse 32 he is answered: "There is one G.d, and there is no other than He", upon which Jesus replies: "You are not far from the kingdom of G.d."

So also for Jesus there clearly is one G.d who is one.

And what about Paul, who wrote more than half of all the books of the New Testament, what does he think about it?

Romans 3:30: "Seeing it is one G.d, …"

I Corinthians 8:4: "We know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no other G.d than one."

idem verse 6: "But to us there is but one G.d …"

Ephesians 4:6; "One G.d and father of all, …"

I Timothy 2:5; "For there is one G.d …"

And look what James says in James 2:19; "You believe that there is one G.d, and you do well."

Also in the New Testament there is one G.d who is one.

Somebody saying there are two Y-H-W-H's is spouting heresy and is going right against Scripture.

He is a polytheist and an idol worshipper.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

beameup

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of YHWH, and the praises of YHWH, according to all that YHWH hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so HE was their SAVIOR. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and The Angel of His Presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old. - Isaiah 63:7-9

The ANGEL of HIS PRESENCE

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many Jews did have the view that GOD was a plural unity, rather than a singularity of person.

How can they (the three) be One? Are they verily One, because we call them One ?

How Three can be One, can only be known through the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

- Zohar, vol. ii. p. 43, versa., 22.

Come and see the mystery of the word hwhy, Jehova: there are three steps, each existing by itself; nevertheless they are One, and so united that one cannot be separated from the other.

- Zohar, vol. iii. Amsterdam edition. 65.

The Ancient Holy One is revealed with three Heads, which are united in One, and that Head is thrice exalted. The Ancient Holy one is described as being Three; it is because the other Lights emanating from Him are included in the Three. Yet the Ancient One is described as being two. The Ancient One includes these two. He is the Crown of all that is exalted; the Chief of the chief, so exalted, that He cannot be known to perfection. Thus the other lights are two complete ones, yet is the Ancient Holy One described complete as one, and He is one, positively one; thus are the other lights united and glorified in because they are one.

- Zohar, vol. iii. Amsterdam edition. 288.

. . . the exalted Shechinah comprehends the Three highest Sephiroth; of Him (God) it is said, (Ps. lxii. 12), "God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this." Once and twice means the Three exalted Sephiroth, of whom it is said: Once, once, and once; that is, Three united in One. This is the mystery.

- Rabbi Simeon ben Jochai, The Propositions of the Zohar, cap. 38, Amsterdam edition. 113

Rabbi Simeon ben Jochai wrote a fascinating passage recorded in the Zohar that is as clear a discussion of the mystery of the Trinity as you could find in any Christian theology text. Rabbi Simeon comments on the text found in Deuteronomy 32:39: "See now that I, I am he, and Elohim is not with me."

He said: "Friends, here are some profound mysteries which I desire to reveal to you now that permission has been given to utter them. Who is it that says, 'See now that I, I am He?' This is the Cause which is above all those on high, that which is called the Cause of causes. It is above those other causes, since none of those causes does anything till it obtains permission from that which is above it, as we pointed out above in respect to the expression, 'Let us make man.' 'Us' certainly refers to two, of which one said to the other above it, 'Let us make,' nor did it do anything save with the permission and direction of the one above it, while the one above did nothing without consulting its colleague. But that which is called 'the Cause above all causes,' which has no superior or even equal, as it is written, 'To whom shall ye liken me, that I should be equal?' (referring to Isaiah 40:25), said, 'See now that I, I am he, and Elohim is not with me,' from whom he should take counsel, like that of which it is written, 'and God said, Let us make man.'"

Another famous Jewish scholar, Rabbi Eliezer Hakkalir, who lived at the time of Rabbi Simeon ben Jochai, also taught the scriptural doctrine that there were three distinct Beings revealed in the one unified Godhead. In his commentary on Genesis 1:1, Rabbi Hakkalir wrote the following:

When God created the world, He created it through the Three Sephiroth, namely, through Sepher, Sapher and Vesaphur, by which the Three twywh (Beings) are meant . . . The Rabbi, my Lord Teacher of blessed memory, explained Sepher, Sapher, and Sippur, to be synonymous to Ja, Jehovah, and Elohim meaning to say, that the world was created by these three names.

beameup

Bs"d

The Torah teaches that there is one G.d, Y-H-W-H, who is a jealous G.d, who allows no other gods beside Him. See Exodus 20:3. G.d's name, Y-H-W-H, appears almost 7000 times in the Old Testament. The King James translation translates this name as "The LORD", with small capital letters. This G.d is the one and only G.d for the Jews, as it is written in the Hebrew Bible;

(1)Your "god" is a trickster, as he is purposely leading us into a state of confusion in his scriptures.

(2)Or, he is trying desperately to give us understanding as to his true composition, through his scriptures.

The choice is yours, and your eternal destiny is determined by your choice.

beameup

Bs"d

No, not for ALL the Jews, only a majority. Messianics have never ceased to exist since the 1st century, but they took a very "low profile" due to death threats from "orthodox" Jewry. However, they can now freely declare their faith in Yeshua Messiah, The Holy One of Israel.

For YHWH is our defense;
AND The Holy One of Israel is our King.
Psalm 89:18

beameup

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before The Angel of YHWH, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And YHWH said unto Satan, YHWH rebuke thee, O Satan; even YHWH that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? - Zechariah 3:1-2

Clearly "The Angel of YHWH" is synonymous with "YHWH"

God's Truth

Have you been redeemed? Do you have a REDEEMER?

God the Father is the Redeemer.

Jesus Christ is the Redeemer.

Jesus Christ is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

God is the Redeemer

Psalm 78:35 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Isaiah 54:8
In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer.

Jesus is the Redeemer

Luke 1:68
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

beameup

Behold, I send Angel [malak] before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of HIM, and obey HIS voice, provoke HIM not; for HE will not pardon your transgressions: for MY NAME IS IN HIM.
But if thou shalt indeed obey HIS voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. For mine Angel [malak] shall go before thee

Exodus 23:20-23a

The two act as one

Last edited: