'Two Powers in Heaven' - YHWH + REDEEMER

beameup

Thus saith YHWH the King of Israel, and his REDEEMER YHWH of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no 'Elohiym
- Isaiah 44:6
Have you been redeemed? Do you have a REDEEMER?

beameup

"His" redeemer. "His" refers to Israel.
So, Israel has been "redeemed"?... not so you'd notice... last I checked, the Nation ceased to exist for almost 2,000 years.

And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of YHWH am I now come.
And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship
- Joshua 5:14a
So, who is this figure that appeared to Joshua?

chair

So, Israel has been "redeemed"?... not so you'd notice... last I checked, the Nation ceased to exist for almost 2,000 years.

Just read the text. Read the blessed text!

beameup

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.- Joshua 5:13-15

hmmmmmmm "loose thy shoe from off thy food for the place whereon you stand is holy"... I wonder where I've heard that before??? :sherlock:

Elia

Have you been redeemed? Do you have a REDEEMER?

Bs"d

Don't be so simple:

Thus saith Y-H-W-H the King of Israel and its redeemer, Y-H-W-H of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God - Isaiah 44:6

Ain't that the truth...

“You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:35

Elia

Bs"d

Last time I checked the Nation is back, for almost 70 years.

Don't you read newspapers??

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

"Thus says Y-H-W-H, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: ..... "
Isaiah 43:14

"Thus says Y-H-W-H, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am Y-H-W-H, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;"
Isaiah 44:24

"Their Redeemer is strong; Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name."
Jeremiah 50:34

"Thus says Y-H-W-H, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am Y-H-W-H your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:17

beameup

Bs"d

Last time I checked the Nation is back, for almost 70 years.

The nation was allowed to exist for about 40 years following the crucifixion of Yeshua Messiah.
However, during those +/-40 years, you hunted-down and stoned-to-death all Jews who believed in Him (that you could find).

These 40 years you claim:
1) you were being punished by God
2) your soul was made an offering for sin
3) your soul saw travail
4) you "justified many"
5) you "bore their iniquities"?
6) you poured out your soul unto death
7) you bore the sins of many
*see Isaiah 53

beameup

And The Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn
from transgression in Jacob, saith YHWH - Isaiah 59:20

Ben Masada

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:13-15

hmmmmmmm "loose thy shoe from off thy food for the place whereon you stand is holy"... I wonder where I've heard that before??? :sherlock:

Allow me to remind you where you have heard that before: At Horeb in the desert when Moses had a dream about a bush in blazing fire. That's in Exodus 3:1-6. And for the case of Joshua in Jericho, it is also another dream, now by Joshua. And before you wander if the Jewish Tanach is all about dreams read Numbers 12:6. "If there is a prophet among you, I'll make Myself known to him in a vision or I'll speak to him in a dream." Now, you know where you have heard that before.

Ben Masada

And The Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn
from transgression in Jacob, saith YHWH - Isaiah 59:20

This "The Redeemer shall come to Zion" is a reference to the return of the Eternal Righteousness aka HaShem with the Jews from exile in Babylon. (Daniel 9:24)

beameup

Allow me to remind you where you have heard that before: At Horeb in the desert when Moses had a dream about a bush in blazing fire. That's in Exodus 3:1-6. And for the case of Joshua in Jericho, it is also another dream, now by Joshua. And before you wander if the Jewish Tanach is all about dreams read Numbers 12:6. "If there is a prophet among you, I'll make Myself known to him in a vision or I'll speak to him in a dream." Now, you know where you have heard that before.

So Yeshua is armed and preparing to lead the army into battle, and he falls asleep? :rotfl:
Your rabbis are making up fairy-tales to tell to you, it's obviously the "rabbis" that are dreaming..
Go back to sleep.
For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep,
and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isaiah 29:10

beameup

Yahweh, the Creator of the universe has all the power in Heaven or on earth. Yahweh is my Redeemer. (Isaiah 43:1)

You neither have a Prophet, nor a Priest, nor a King, nor a Redeemer for 2,000 years now.
Israel and "Judaism" ceased to exist in 70 A.D.

chair

You neither have a Prophet, nor a Priest, nor a King, nor a Redeemer for 2,000 years now.
Israel and "Judaism" ceased to exist in 70 A.D.

God is our redeemer, as always.
By the way, where do you get the idea that Jews hunted down Christians way back when? And why is that relevant today?

keypurr

I see it as the spiritual son, the express image with whom God created the world. The we/us/our of the book of Genesis. Christ. Not Jesus.

beameup

God is our redeemer, as always.
By the way, where do you get the idea that Jews hunted down Christians way back when? And why is that relevant today?

Well, you had about 40 years to "stamp-out" the belief in Yeshua of Nazareth among your "kinsmen" (+/-33AD-70AD). The first stoning-to-death of a Nazarene by the unbelieving Jews is recorded in Acts 7. Extreme persecution and the death sentence was declared by the Jewish leadership against all who believed in Yeshua of Nazareth.
Now you have no Priest, no King, no Prophet, essentially no Religion. I'll let you "do the math".

chair

Well, you had about 40 years to "stamp-out" the belief in Yeshua of Nazareth among your "kinsmen" (+/-33AD-70AD). The first stoning-to-death of a Nazarene by the unbelieving Jews is recorded in Acts 7. Extreme persecution and the death sentence was declared by the Jewish leadership against all who believed in Yeshua of Nazareth.
Now you have no Priest, no King, no Prophet, essentially no Religion. I'll let you "do the math".

Ah, One case, reported in your own book. In your mind that proves that "the death sentence was declared by the Jewish leadership against all who believed in Yeshua of Nazareth." The math is that we exsist, have a religion, and have returned to our country. The math is that it is Christian antisemitism that has persecuted us for generations.

beameup

Ah, One case, reported in your own book. In your mind that proves that "the death sentence was declared by the Jewish leadership against all who believed in Yeshua of Nazareth." The math is that we exsist, have a religion, and have returned to our country. The math is that it is Christian antisemitism that has persecuted us for generations.

It's pretty obvious that you haven't read the historical records on the persecution and
stoning of Jews that believed in Yeshua of Nazareth as Messiah.
What's the old saying?... "what goes around comes around"?
The entire religious system of Jews was destroyed in 70 A.D. Who do you suppose was really behind that "destruction"? There is no "Judaism" as revealed by Moses... it simply doesn't exist.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though someone rose from the dead. - Luke 16:31

Last edited: