Tulsa police officer who killed Terence Crutcher charged with manslaughter

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Why do you think that?

Good question given the overwhelming majority of police shootings are white people getting shot...don't expect liberals to ever recognize raw data and if they do they will always add caveats to the facts to attempt to bolster their case. Fact remains whites are killed 2 to 1 to blacks in police shootings, a rather inconvenient truth.

ClimateSanity

Takeaway from this? How about if he'd been white, he'd probably still be alive today.

In 2014, over 6,000 blacks were murdered, more than all white and hispanic homicide victims combined. Who si killing them? Not the police and not white civilians, but other blacks.

In fact, a police officer is more than 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male, than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. If the police ended all use of lethal force tomorrow, it would have a negligible effect on the black homocide rate.

By Heather McDonald of Prager university.

Not to be confused with the comedian by the same name.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Telling people to "Do what they tell you" is advice we give to hostages not free citizens interacting with police officers.

There needs to be limits but that seems like an odd thing to say. Are non-police simply equals with no responsibility to obey? And if Shelby's account is true then Crutcher wasn't really interacting in any clear way. He was mostly non-responsive, whether that was from drug effects or something else. That would raise some suspicions.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

Yesterday, a new poster named xcdx quoted and replied to me in this thread, and I thanked him or her.

Today that poster shows up as banned (I don't know why) but I'm wondering why their post was deleted as well?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Where did you get that idea? Cops are 15 times more likely to be shot by a black than a black is to be shot by a cop.

Where did you get that statistic? Not the person stating it, but that person's statistical methodology and the population numbers behind it? Because without that backing, it's just a number to throw around which may or may not be accurate.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Good question given the overwhelming majority of police shootings are white people getting shot...don't expect liberals to ever recognize raw data and if they do they will always add caveats to the facts to attempt to bolster their case. Fact remains whites are killed 2 to 1 to blacks in police shootings, a rather inconvenient truth.

Maybe because the population of this country is still overwhelmingly white.

Some readers of our editorial “The Truth of ‘Black Lives Matter’” took exception to the idea that black Americans are “disproportionately killed in encounters with the police.” One commenter pointed us to an article in The Washington Times describing an analysis by Peter Moskos, assistant professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice at the City University of New York. The analysis purports to show that white people are more likely than black people to be killed by the police.

It’s hard to get real data on this. The statistics Mr. Moskos uses are deeply flawed. He drew his conclusions from a website called killedbypolice.net, which tracks news reports of fatal shootings by police. Some 25 percent of the entries have no race listed.

In any case, the numbers are misleading. “Based on that data, Mr. Moskos reported that roughly 49 percent of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 were white, while 30 percent were black,” the Washington Times article said. “He also found that 19 percent were Hispanic.”

That may be true, but whites make up 63 percent of the population of this country. Blacks are just 12 percent.

When Mr. Moskos adjusted his data to account for that, he found that black men were 3.5 times more likely to be killed by cops than white men. That’s inconvenient.

So Mr. Moskos did what other deniers of reality on this issue do: He larded into the results data on the homicide rate among African Americans, and then proclaimed that if you take that data into account, whites are at higher risk than blacks.

A fairer analysis, at ProPublica, found that black males aged 15 to 19 were 21 times more likely to be killed by police than white males in that age group. And The Washington Post reports that unarmed black men were seven times more likely to be killed by police this year than unarmed white men.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/the-real-story-of-race-and-police-killings/​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Takeaway from this? How about if he'd been white, he'd probably still be alive today.

yeahhhhh, about that

race%2Bof%2Bthose%2Bkilled%2Bby%2Bpolice.JPG

try again

This is about racism and racial profiling...

well, only because opportunistic retarded liberals are happy to make it so :idunno:

what it's really about is acting like a law-abiding citizen

fyi - law abiding citizens don't get tanked up on PCP, park their car in the middle of the highway and wander around mumbling to themselves when the cops show up

looks like somebody forgot to teach crutcher this :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Telling people to "Do what they tell you" is advice we give to hostages not free citizens interacting with police officers.

maybe in your crappy little corner of the world, it's ok to tank up on PCP, park your car in the middle of the highway and wander around mumbling to yourself :idunno:

oh wait - turns out new zealand cops are worse than american cops :darwinsm:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There is no evidence that there is discrimination in any collective sense. The accounts given by minorities are highly anecdotal and the occurrences of unjustified treatment toward whites is virtually unspoken of.

The 'race' thing is only deterring the fact that police have simply overstepped their bounds at large. It's sad that, in a lot of incidences, lives can actually be saved if the police just never showed up.
That's not serving and protecting, that's walking death.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Sherman

Yesterday, a new poster named xcdx quoted and replied to me in this thread, and I thanked him or her.

Today that poster shows up as banned (I don't know why) but I'm wondering why their post was deleted as well?
​He was a spammer and deleted as a spammer.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
​He was a spammer and deleted as a spammer.
[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

How was he classified as a spammer? I'm just curious as to how that works. He made two posts yesterday afternoon, neither of which appeared to be spamming, so I'm wondering how a spammer is identified as one.