Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I forced myself to watch a good portion of Trump's 'rally' speech last night.

It only served to reinforce the belief that he's unfit to lead this country.

He was all over the place, exhibiting paranoia, malignant narcissism, delusions of grandeur, confabulations. He grandstanded, pandered, continued to divide instead of unite. There was nothing of the statesman to see. Nothing presidential. Just carnival huckstering for what he sees as the greatest show on earth: himself.

Sad.

I can only take him in super small doses and prefer to watch the *highlights* on MSNBC or CNN. His voice is like nails on a chalk board ...

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I can only take him in super small doses and prefer to watch the *highlights* on MSNBC or CNN. His voice is like nails on a talk board ...

I'd rather endure listening than endure watching his non-stop goofy hand gestures.

Although his sniffing in the debates drove me crazy. He doesn't sniff at his rallies because he feels comfortable with his adoring base. But for the first time, he may have tested even them.

As the night dragged on, many in the crowd lost interest in what the president was saying.

Hundreds left early, while others plopped down on the ground, scrolled through their social media feeds or started up a conversation with their neighbors. After waiting for hours in 107-degree heat to get into the rally hall — where their water bottles were confiscated by security — people were tired and dehydrated and the president just wasn’t keeping their attention. Although Trump has long been the master of reading the mood of a room and quickly adjusting his message to satisfy as many of his fans as possible, his rage seemed to cloud his senses.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I forced myself to watch a good portion of Trump's 'rally' speech last night.
I was in class. :plain: Sorry, I took a dare that I could rationally place Trump and class within close rhetorical proximity.

I can only take him in super small doses and prefer to watch the *highlights* on MSNBC or CNN. His voice is like nails on a talk board ...
His polling is like nails in a coffin, politically speaking.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The hate is thick up in here
I've seen a little hate around here. It's a peculiar thing to witness, an ugly thing that tends to attach to a difference but rarely exists in the difference. I understand that when it comes to politics that word is used like punctuation. :plain:

Take Trump (and why would you?) I'd love to see him out of office, but I don't hate him. I hate what I think he's helped do to discourse and the office. No sense investing hate in the man. What good would it do anyone?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
@jgarden is full of hate for Trump
Is there a post that really reflects that to your mind? Something you read and thought, "Good grief, it's obvious that he hates the president."

It's hard for me to imagine the effort it has to take to actively dislike anyone enough to hate them. The thought is draining, but I know there have been times when I've felt it in the moment and witnessed it on the part of others in the moment. One of the reasons the harder racists are hard to fathom is the level of hate that has to be present in them moment to moment. How can that be without consuming anything decent in person?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The left is flying high on the anti Trump sentiment that they invented. That will subside momentarily. Then, back to the reality that Trump is still the President.

BBDGjDv.img

Given that "Trump" has already alienated Speaker Ryan, Senate Majority Leader McConnell and both Arizona Senators, just how does he propose to get his legislative agenda enacted?

He may be President but more and more Republicans in the House and the Senate are willing to go public - expressing their misgivings!

The veto proof sanctions bill passed in the House (432-3) and Senate (98-2) demonstrates Republican determination to effectively take Russian foreign policy out of the hands of their own President!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is there a post that really reflects that to your mind? Something you read and thought, "Good grief, it's obvious that he hates the president."

It's hard for me to imagine the effort it has to take to actively dislike anyone enough to hate them. The thought is draining, but I know there have been times when I've felt it in the moment and witnessed it on the part of others in the moment. One of the reasons the harder racists are hard to fathom is the level of hate that has to be present in them moment to moment. How can that be without consuming anything decent in person?
I forgot, only the left determines what hate is

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Because nothing says determining leftist like:

"Is there a post that really reflects that to your mind? Something you read and thought, "Good grief, it's obvious that he hates the president."

:plain:
I call anti Trump rhetoric, posts, cartoons, fake news, unwarranted criticism and hypocritical and dishonest accusations of Trump, hate.It's just another form of hate speech. I see jgarden fitting that pattern. Ask him if he hates Trump, I have and he's never denied it.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I call anti Trump rhetoric, posts, cartoons, fake news, unwarranted criticism and hypocritical and dishonest accusations of Trump, hate.It's just another form of hate speech. I see jgarden fitting that pattern. Ask him if he hates Trump, I have and he's never denied it.

AAqBHVw.img

"Patrick jane" is engaging in "shooting the messenger" - the problem is that as that as "The Donald" continues to alienate more and more people, the line of "messengers" just gets longer and longer!

Trump spent 8 years engaging in "anti-Obama rhetoric in this fake news, unwarranted criticism and hypocritical and dishonest accusations of Obama hate" over the President's birth certificate!

"Patrick jane" was more than willing to criticize President Obama in this Forum, so let's have no more self-righteous lectures that his candidate is now above criticism!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I love having a transparent, unfiltered President, it's very refreshing and endearing. He's a great guy and the left's worst nightmare :chuckle: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.