Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
VarveG20170818_low.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In Trump Country, Trump Supporters Support Trump

SCRACKNECK, KENTUCKY, AUGUST 21, 2019 — Doris Kerflupf has heard all the arguments, from neighbors, friends and relatives. "He started a nuclear war." "He brought on a global apocalypse." "His decisions led to the breakdown of human society." "He tweeted that shockingly inappropriate thing about Malala." But Kerflupf, a 67-year-old retiree now making it on her own after her husband George was carried away by one of the packs of feral children that roam the streets of this former mining down, won't hear any criticism of the commander-in-chief. "I voted for him and I'm still glad I did," she says. "He gets us."

As Donald Trump's approval ratings descend to single digits in the wake of the series of events now being referred to as The Fall, he has few friends left in Washington, particularly after Friday's summary executions of allegedly disloyal White House staff carried out on the South Lawn. That was the culmination of an usually tumultuous week for the president, one that started with the firing of his 12th communication director, which was followed by the declaration of martial law and his decision to dissolve Congress and all federal courts. Not surprisingly, the suspension of any semblance of democratic accountability produced a storm of criticism from pundits, Democrats, and even a few Republicans. But there's one group that's sticking with the president: his base voters, the ones who catapulted him to a surprise victory in 2016 and continue to shore him up.

Among the lunch crowd at the Tasty Time Diner, the last commercial establishment still operating in downtown Scrackneck, there was plenty of support to be found for Trump. "You elitists up there in Washington just don't get it," says Mitch Flipple, who owned three dry-cleaning stores before The Fall, and who now spends much of his days fortifying his tidy ranch home with a cordon of razor wire and pointy sticks. "This is what we elected him for. Did you see those libtards freaking out when the first nuke hit Los Angeles? Hashtag liberal tears, my friend, hashtag liberal tears."

Flipple's friend Louis Gorknuckle is even more emphatic. "After Trump intentionally released the zombie virus, I was like, 'Damn right my man! That'll show Kim Jong Dumb!' But right away I knew those college kids were going to be all, 'Please call them Americans with zombification, zombies is offensive.' Well shut your trap, snowflake." Asked whether in retrospect he thought it was a mistake for Trump to release the virus that has turned one-third of the world's population into a mindless horde of undead with an insatiable hunger for human flesh, Gorknuckle pauses for a moment and says, "Look, I'm sure he had his reasons. The guy is really smart. You know he went to Wharton, right?"

Kerflupf nods her head. "What really bugs me is when all those establishment types said he hasn't accomplished anything. OK, so nuclear war has caused some problems, and I'm not saying I'm pro-zombie, but what about Gorsuch?" she says, referring to Supreme Court justice Neil Gorsuch, whom Trump appointed early in his term. When a reporter observes that the Supreme Court no longer exists as of this week, she is undeterred. "That's not the point. What matters is that Trump is looking out for us, not the elites."
"And you can't say he didn't shake things up. That swamp is drained all right!" adds Gorknuckle to the chuckles of his companions.
. . . .

Indeed, if there's anything stronger in Scrackneck than support for Trump, it's contempt for Democrats. "I'm not blind, I see the mistakes he's made," says Doris Kerflupf. "But nobody's perfect. And just think what would have happened if we had elected Hillary Clinton."

:chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
annabenedetti said:
Indeed, if there's anything stronger in Scrackneck than support for Trump, it's contempt for Democrats. "I'm not blind, I see the mistakes he's made," says Doris Kerflupf. "But nobody's perfect. And just think what would have happened if we had elected Hillary Clinton."
:chuckle:

Indeed ... "just think" ... competency in the WH! Oh the horror!

:D

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The left is flying high on the anti Trump sentiment that they invented. That will subside momentarily. Then, back to the reality that Trump is still the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.