Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

always puzzled when this pops up

you do realize, i hope, that we had bombed the total crap out of japan before august 6, 1945

especially see: The Operation Meetinghouse firebombing of Tokyo on the night of 9 March 1945

Have you ever been to the Hiroshima Peace Museum?

WizardofOz

He should also condemn the racism and bigotry on the other side, not just the extreme right. The so called "Black Lives Matter" is filled with black racists. Black people can be just as racist as anybody else.

I agree but I also haven't heard of any recent BLM marches or violence. I think bringing up BLM when we're discussing Charlottesville is just more hand waving.

rexlunae

He should also condemn the racism and bigotry on the other side, not just the extreme right. The so called "Black Lives Matter" is filled with black racists. Black people can be just as racist as anybody else.

In other words, "all lives matter".

In other words, why focus on the problem at hand, when you can go find something else to focus on that's a lot less uncomfortable?

RealityJerk

I agree but I also haven't heard of any recent BLM marches or violence. I think bringing up BLM when we're discussing Charlottesville is just more hand waving.

BLM was there. They were there. The Antifa and BLM, were not allowing conservative activists and demonstrators, into the official area where the licensed/locally permitted protest, was being held, by there fellow conservatives. The leftist, Antifa freaks, along with the BLMers, sparked the violence. They assaulted some of the people trying to get into the official area, where the protestors who had a permit, a license to protest, were located. These conservatives, alt-right people, were pepper sprayed by Antifa, and struck in the face, with fists, sticks..etc. That's what sparked the violence. And of course, the liberal, lame-news media, isn't going to reveal that inconvenient fact.

These Antifa people, got exactly what they deserved, for sparking violence and pushing people to defend themselves.

RealityJerk

Why? Are you offended by my use of another method? Rather than copying and pasting HTML code, which BTW, I'm quite familiar with as a web developer, to create a quote box, honestly I'll rather just do it the way I'm doing it now. If permitted of course. If the forum admins force me to do it the other way, then that's what I'll do. Give me a good reason, and perhaps I'll change my mind and make the effort to copy and paste the quote code.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why? Are you offended by my use of another method? Rather than copying and pasting HTML code, which BTW, I'm quite familiar with as a web developer, to create a quote box, honestly I'll rather just do it the way I'm doing it now. If permitted of course. If the forum admins force me to do it the other way, then that's what I'll do. Give me a good reason, and perhaps I'll change my mind and make the effort to copy and paste the quote code.
As the discussion proceeds and more is quoted all will find the ability to click to the originally quoted content lost. Context is then lost. The Quote function includes links to the content being quoted so that others may follow along. As a web developer you should know these things, too.

AMR

WizardofOz

BLM was there. They were there. The Antifa and BLM, were not allowing conservative activists and demonstrators, into the official area where the licensed/locally permitted protest, was being held, by there fellow conservatives. The leftist, Antifa freaks, along with the BLMers, sparked the violence. They assaulted some of the people trying to get into the official area, where the protestors who had a permit, a license to protest, were located. These conservatives, alt-right people, were pepper sprayed by Antifa, and struck in the face, with fists, sticks..etc. That's what sparked the violence. And of course, the liberal, lame-news media, isn't going to reveal that inconvenient fact.

These Antifa people, got exactly what they deserved, for sparking violence and pushing people to defend themselves.

In Trumps original comments he condemned the violence from all groups. I think the KKK and neo-nazi element got called out specifically as one of theirs is the only one who killed someone.

RealityJerk

How long should it take, in your view?

That's a tidy little package right there. Don't trust the DNC's complaints about being attacked by Russia because...they are always complaining about how Russia is attacking them.

Why don't you just say that you trust Russia more than you trust the Democrats? It's probably closer to the mark.

In light of what the DNC did to Bernie and how corrupt our political system is, now becoming the strong arm of big money interests, I don't really have much confidence in the opinions of politicians, on who is and isn't our enemy. UUuuuu Saddam, let's invade Iraq, and get rid of those "WMDs". UUuuuu Qadaffi, he's so evil, let's get rid of him. UUUuuuu Assaad..UUuuu Putin, bad bad. The truth is, that the private firms that concluded that Russia hacked the DNC computers, based their findings on shoddy evidence. The information is in my last long post to Town Heretic.

RealityJerk

Trumps original comments he condemned the violence from all groups. I think the KKK and neo-nazi element got called out specifically as one of theirs is the only one who killed someone.

AS if Antifa and BLM, wouldn't kill anyone? They've sent plenty of people to the hospital with serious injuries. They started the violence, and it led to a horrible end for one of their activists. Both the White supremacists who caused the death of that young lady, and the Antifa, BLMers, should be called out and condemned publically. Not just one side, but both. I'm of Hispanic heritage, being Cuban American. I don't like the KKK, but neither do I like the Black or Hispanic / La Rasa bigots. It should all be condemned,

Liberals, they condemn the White racism, but not the Black or Hispanic racism. Only Black people and Hispanics, we can be racists, not Whites. That doesn't seem fair to me.

Last edited:

RealityJerk

As the discussion proceeds and more is quoted all will find the ability to click to the originally quoted content lost. Context is then lost. The Quote function includes links to the content being quoted so that others may follow along. As a web developer you should know these things, too.

AMR

I didn't notice the little arrow. Ok, sounds like a good idea. I don't really come to a forum to read code or identify every element function in a forum CMS, unless I'm working on it. This isn't work. Thanks for the heads up, I'll start using quotes from now on.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Who are these so called “independent firms”, that have supposedly confirmed the Russian government hacked DNC computers? Cybersecurity firm “CrowdStrike” conveniently concluded within one day that the Russian government was behind the attack on the DNC servers. I say conveniently, because the DNC paid for CrowdStrike’s services and it’s fair to say the DNC had an unhealthy fixation on all things Russia for the duration of the election cycle.
It's fair to say you can read the Washington Post article I linked to, already understood part of the answer to your own question, and faced without a factual rebuttal have decided to impugn independent confirmation of our national security evaluation.

So, it's either believe an independent confirmation of our own sophisticated security resources, found credible by people who would rather it not be true (the entire Republican leadership) or your read in...it's a tough call [/additional sarcasm].

I'd invite everyone to follow the link to the Post article timeline I noted. Here it is again.

In it you'll find references to the emails, along with bits like:

"The FBI eventually detected suspected Russian attempts to penetrate election systems in 21 states.

A Department of Homeland Security official said there was one state in which there was evidence voting systems were compromised: Illinois."

Or this bit, noted in the UK Independent:

"The Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency concluded in a report declassified in January that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a campaign not just to undermine confidence in the US electoral system but to affect the outcome." May 18, 2017

Or I invite anyone interested to read through the fairly thorough breakdown in the Post, to consider that ranking members of both parties viewed information brought to light by the diligent work of the CIA, FBI, and NSA, including deep sources with privy to Putin's communications and agreed that the Russians had made a concerted effort to influence our electoral process. This stands against comrade Jerk's attempt to impugn the messengers, including those outside of our security services whose conclusions on parts of that knowledge confirmed the work.

It's really that straight forward. What you have to believe to give the Russians credit defies reason.

RJ knows that, which is why he's generating as many side bars, along with insisting on a curiously myopic focus when he does momentarily look at the actual facts that led a party in power, better served by another and different conclusion, into agreement and censure.

Or you could buy into RJ's Russian apologetics. Whichever seems more reasonable to you.

And of course, there will always be Americans like yourself, who support these corrupt, saber rattling, warmongering politicians, hence that's why they remain in office.
You tried that earlier. I won't waste time in rebutting what you don't establish. Well, I'm not doing any more of it then. I actually opposed both candidates for president and I believe we're best served when we stand on our principles in foundation.

The unconscious majority, that are more concerned with Monday night football, and “Dancing With The Stars”, and don't care what politicians are doing behind the scenes, and jingoist American imperialists like yourself
Have you even been to this country? I mean, you couldn't sound more like someone who grew up near Red Square if you tried, "us" and "military service" notes aside.

who appeal to some warped nihilistic, “sexy”, Darwinian utilitarianism, that justifies whatever violence and destruction we cause around the world, in the name of our supposed “national interest”
In the same sense that opening an umbrella invites rain.

It's pretty clear, that the Russian governemnt wasn't involved in hacking the DNC computers, it was a leak. Inside job. That's what all of the evidence is pointing to. Nonetheless, I'll say it again..Even if it were true, that the Russian governemnt did this, that doesn't justify our regime change projects and warmongering.
Without rehashing my rejection of your couple of guys and a site compared to the varied agencies and interests I've noted, this still isn't about one thing, but about a concerted effort on the part of the former Soviets to undermine our election process.

Poking the bear with NATO and deploying missiles on its border, is stupid. It's wrong. Trying to destory Russia's economy, through sanctions, in order to get an edge in the world energy market is a crime. It's an act of war.
I already rebutted your gaped attempt to rewrite history. It was in the block quote you don't appear to read closely. It wasn't wrong to put missiles in Turkey. It was a response to the creation of a revolutionary export center in Cuba. And no one is trying to destroy Russia's economy. If they don't want sanctions they should stop trying to run our elections. A sanction is a punitive measure for poor conduct. It's a more dramatic bit than expelling diplomats when we catch you in an operation on our soil. Or, it's the price of shady dealings. Putin is the problem here. Russia is moving in the wrong direction. They need to evolve democratically, not regress with a watered down Stalin.

Any country that does that to us, in order to get some economic advantage over us, would have to go to war with us, because we wouldn't permit them to do that to our economy.
Jules Verne you aren't, but you are creative.

I'm a human being, before I'm an American.
You appear to be a lot of things first and foremost.

So thank the Russians for not firing a few ICBMs our way, and just settling for releasing dirt on Hillary.
Yes, by all means thank the Russians. It seems to be your forte. Thank them for not committing suicide and only settling for trying to infiltrate our election process and spread misinformation to facilitate the success of a candidate they determined would do a better job serving their interests. Send them a big box of chocolates.

You have a bad sense of proportion. Like for example, claiming that because Castro declared Cuba a "training ground" for communist guerillas, we should respond by deploying nuclear weapons on Russia's border in Turkey.
Nothing disproportionate in it. Castro was in the Russian bag long before he declared it openly and past a point we understood that. The reason the Russians agreed to pour resources into Cuba was singularly due to its strategic location and launching point as a destabilizing and revolutionary influence within our hemisphere and beyond (see: Africa).

So they installed a threat on our doorstep and we upped the ante on theirs. That's how things went between us during the Cold War.

Assuming that you have the chronology of events correct
It's easy to check. I do.

,a more logical response would be to train guerillas to invade Cuba and that's what we did.
So you're saying we did that. We also put missiles in Turkey to let them understand that we weren't going to be playing a defensive front, which is partly what the Russians wanted us busy doing in our hemisphere, tying up resources. It was more of a chess game than you seem to realize.

All of that would've been unnecessary, if we had kept Batista in power, and hadn't followed your "darwinian", "sexy" provocative, bloody foreign policy in the first place. We create the conditions for crises, and then ironically wonder why we're in a crises.
Again, recognizing what happened doesn't make it mine. I've also never called it sexy. So you're not just on the side of the disinformation machine, you're a part owner. :plain: And arguing to keep a corrupt Batista and his organized crime buddies happily ensconced isn't really living up to our ideals either. It's a dull sort of Darwinian pragmatism. Or, once again you're your own worst enemy...or ours.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, the irony. Killing 45 million unborn babies is OK, but Russia releasing dirt on a corrupt American politician is the end of the world as we know it.
It's not really an either/or. :nono: A lot of people opposed to abortion were green lighting Russian sanctions. And no one, not even Congress, is saying it's the end of the world. It's just criminal, willful, wrong and censurable. And there you go.

drbrumley

I am sorry that you are incapable of stating that hacking and conspiring with a hostile nation is wrong. Careful, your selective morality is showing ...

But it's ok if we do it.....cause, well, we are into regime change and all...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But it's ok if we do it.....cause, well, we are into regime change and all...
I'd say that you're making a mistake relating to the old moral equivalence argument. All killings aren't equal, by way of. If we try to get Hitler ousted it's a good thing. When a thug like Putin tries to influence our Republic it isn't. Not all governments and actions taken in relation to them are inherently equal.

drbrumley

If we try to get Hitler ousted it's a good thing. When a thug like Putin tries to influence our Republic it isn't.

Begs the question....why? Why can't he (or anyone for that matter) influence another nation's electorate by showing what a lying, manipulative witch the other candidate was? Again, we do all the time....not a peep....

Status
Not open for further replies.