Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
you really can't see that your position is untenable, unsupportable?

i understand why rape is one of your trigger words and why you can't discuss it rationally

i can only guess why you're triggered by the topics of marriage and adultery and spousal abuse and promiscuity to the point where you can't discuss them rationally either :sigh:
Poppycock.
I can discuss it plenty.
I don't skew it all as one-sided.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Poppycock.
I can discuss it plenty.
I don't skew it all as one-sided.

yes, you can discuss it plenty

that wasn't the point of the post you responded to

the point of the post you were responding to was that you can't discuss those topics rationally

thank you for responding irrationally and proving my point :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
sorry - should have included a trigger warning :chuckle:
Over your head again I see.
You just don't seem to be able to realize that the consequences of bad behavior can result in something positive as easily as something negative.
If you say that consequences of actions are earned and deserved, then if it results in a positive ---- that positive result is earned and deserved by bad behavior.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yes, you can discuss it plenty

that wasn't the point of the post you responded to

the point of the post you were responding to was that you can't discuss those topics rationally

thank you for responding irrationally and proving my point :)
Whoosh! Right over your head again.

ok doser

peterson refers to bjorn lomborg - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjørn_Lomborg

Bjørn Lomborg (Danish: [bjɶɐ̯n ˈlʌmbɒːˀw]; born 6 January 1965) is a Danish author and President of his think tank, Copenhagen Consensus Center. He is former director of the Danish government's Environmental Assessment Institute (EAI) in Copenhagen. He became internationally known for his best-selling and controversial book, The Skeptical Environmentalist (2001), in which he argues that many of the costly measures and actions adopted by scientists and policy makers to meet the challenges of global warming will ultimately have minimal impact on the world’s rising temperature.[1]

In 2009, Business Insider cited Lomborg as one of "The 10 Most-Respected Global Warming Skeptics".[2] While Lomborg campaigned against the Kyoto Protocol and other measures to cut carbon emissions in the short-term, he argued for adaptation to short-term temperature rises, and for spending money on research and development for longer-term environmental solutions. His issue is not with the reality of climate change, but rather with the economic and political approaches being taken (or not taken) to meet the challenges of that climate change. He is a strong advocate for focusing attention and resources on what he perceives as far more pressing world problems, such as AIDS, malaria and malnutrition.[3][4] In his critique of the 2012 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, Lomborg stated: "Global warming is by no means our main environmental threat."[5] In 2011, and 2012, Lomborg was named a Top 100 Global Thinker by Foreign Policy "for looking more right than ever on the politics of climate change".[6]

gonna have to get his books

ok doser

Bjørn Lomborg (Danish: [bjɶɐ̯n ˈlʌmbɒːˀw]; born 6 January 1965) is a Danish author and President of his think tank, Copenhagen Consensus Center. He is former director of the Danish government's Environmental Assessment Institute (EAI) in Copenhagen. He became internationally known for his best-selling and controversial book, The Skeptical Environmentalist (2001), in which he argues that many of the costly measures and actions adopted by scientists and policy makers to meet the challenges of global warming will ultimately have minimal impact on the world’s rising temperature.[1]

In 2009, Business Insider cited Lomborg as one of "The 10 Most-Respected Global Warming Skeptics".[2] While Lomborg campaigned against the Kyoto Protocol and other measures to cut carbon emissions in the short-term, he argued for adaptation to short-term temperature rises, and for spending money on research and development for longer-term environmental solutions. His issue is not with the reality of climate change, but rather with the economic and political approaches being taken (or not taken) to meet the challenges of that climate change. He is a strong advocate for focusing attention and resources on what he perceives as far more pressing world problems, such as AIDS, malaria and malnutrition.[3][4] In his critique of the 2012 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, Lomborg stated: "Global warming is by no means our main environmental threat."[5] In 2011, and 2012, Lomborg was named a Top 100 Global Thinker by Foreign Policy "for looking more right than ever on the politics of climate change".[6]

gonna have to get his books

or find youtubes of him speaking - been doing a lot of that lately

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
perhaps these shots you think you're firing over my head are dummy rounds :idunno:
You still don't get it, do ya.

If you insist that consequences of your actions are earned and deserved, then a positive result of bad actions are earned and deserved just as much as a negative result would be.

ok doser

Ridiculous ...

it is ridiculous - the ridiculous application of your ridiculous claim that "the consequences of bad behavior can result in something positive as easily as something negative"

a rational person would recognize that

and an irrational person would ascribe hostility to my pointing out her irrationality:

...and hostile conclusion from you, as usual.

:sigh:

ok doser

One that looks at their marriage per the law instead of the heart seek such a list.

gonna revisit this - tam sidestepped it before

marriage vows taken before God form a contract - a contract with God to form one flesh from two

Jesus said:
Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

this is why we refer to "the marriage contract" - a contract between two individuals and God to make one flesh

and tam wants to say that God's work is so weak that the contract should be deemed irretrievably broken when one party of that single flesh feels it to be so in their heart, for undefined and apparently undefinable reasons

this makes a mockery of marriage

and it makes a mockery of God

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and tam wants to say that God's work is so weak that the contract should be deemed irretrievably broken when one party of that single flesh feels it to be so in their heart, for undefined and apparently undefinable reasons
Gross and hostile misrepresentation of my point ..... as usual from you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Over your head again I see.
You just don't seem to be able to realize that the consequences of bad behavior can result in something positive as easily as something negative.
If you say that consequences of actions are earned and deserved, then if it results in a positive ---- that positive result is earned and deserved by bad behavior.
:think: "do not do evil that good may come of it"

ok doser

:think: "do not do evil that good may come of it"

what bothers me about her claim is that "as easily as" implies that the consequences of bad behavior are, on average neutral, which leads to the ridiculous conclusion that the consequences shouldn't be avoided, that the behaviors shouldn't be avoided

it's obvious to anyone with any experience in this world that bad behavior usually leads to bad consequences