Trump says he won't sign legislation banning separation of children from parents

glorydaz

5b2bb6289c42d.png

This will be Trump's legacy. Maybe even more than Putin and Stormy Daniels.

In the liberal's dreams. :rotfl:

glorydaz

He certainly put that toddler in her place!

Gullibility is a sight to behold.

That little girl was taken across the desert by her mother against her father's wishes. She was never separated from her mother. Of course, the Times is the Bible to the lefties. :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday used a Bible verse to defend his department’s policy of prosecuting everyone who crosses the border from Mexico, suggesting that God supports the government in separating immigrant parents from their children.

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes,” Sessions said during a speech to law enforcement officers in Fort Wayne, Ind.

Turns out, Sessions isn't even able to be loyal to his idea of God:

Methodists Bring Church Charges Against Jeff Sessions For Border Policy
Clergy and laity are demanding accountability from Jeff Sessions, a longtime Methodist.
More than 600 clergy and lay members of the United Methodist Church have signed a letter bringing church charges against fellow member Attorney General Jeff Sessions for the zero tolerance immigration policy that has resulted in the separation of undocumented children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The formal accusation, issued on Monday, charges Sessions with numerous violations of the denomination’s Book of Discipline, including child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination and, for his citation of Romans 13 to defend the policy, the dissemination of doctrines contrary to the standards of the UMC.

Those who signed the complaint letter claim that Sessions’ “tremendous social/political power,” his role as a Sunday school teacher and the “severe and ongoing” effects of his actions compel them to call for accountability.

“As members of the United Methodist Church, we deeply hope for a reconciling process that will help this long-time member of our connection step back from his harmful actions and work to repair the damage he is currently causing to immigrants, particularly children and families,” the letter states.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...nst-jeff-sessions_us_5b28fc2ee4b0a4dc9920b9dd

lifeisgood

He certainly put that toddler in her place!

No wonder President Trump keeps on repeating 'fake news'.

When is Time going to retract, not on page 32 with almost invisible tiny letters at the bottom of the page so no one can see it, but retract on a front page to show that they are a veritable magazine?

'They're together and safe: Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother, but the image of her in tears at U.S. border control ‘broke his heart’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-child-separation-crisis-speaks-out.html

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The little girl’s father is thankful the little girl is safe with her mom and proud she represents the children who were less fortunate.

As news emerged Thursday that the mother and child were not separated, conservative media jumped on the story, portraying it as evidence of “fake news” surrounding the Trump administration’s immigration policies.​

It was the most prominent story on the home page of the conservative news outlet Breitbart, which called it a “fake news photo.” Donald Trump Jr. retweeted the story Thursday night.

Varela pushed back against the portrayals of his daughter’s story, saying it should not cast doubt on the “human rights violations” taking place at the border.

“This is the case for my daughter, but it is not the case for 2,000 children that were separated from their parents,” Varela said.

At least 2,500 migrant children have been separated from their parents at the border since May 5.

Varela said he felt “proud” that his daughter has “represented the subject of immigration” and helped propel changes in policy. But he asked that Trump “put his hand on his heart.”

He hopes that U.S. officials will grant asylum to his wife and daughter, he said.

Asked whether he would also like to come to the United States, he said, “Of course, someday.”

Last edited:

lifeisgood

The little girl’s father is thankful the little girl is safe with her mom and proud she represents the children who were less fortunate.

As news emerged Thursday that the mother and child were not separated, conservative media jumped on the story, portraying it as evidence of “fake news” surrounding the Trump administration’s immigration policies.​

It was the most prominent story on the home page of the conservative news outlet Breitbart, which called it a “fake news photo.” Donald Trump Jr. retweeted the story Thursday night.

Varela pushed back against the portrayals of his daughter’s story, saying it should not cast doubt on the “human rights violations” taking place at the border.

“This is the case for my daughter, but it is not the case for 2,000 children that were separated from their parents,” Varela said.

At least 2,500 migrant children have been separated from their parents at the border since May 5.

Varela said he felt “proud” that his daughter has “represented the subject of immigration” and helped propel changes in policy. But he asked that Trump “put his hand on his heart.”

He hopes that U.S. officials will grant asylum to his wife and daughter, he said.

Asked whether he would also like to come to the United States, he said, “Of course, someday.”

back in in a few with the link.

So you just found out it was all fake news. Waiting for one more oops.... news retraction.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So you just found out it was all fake news. Waiting for one more oops.... news retraction.

No. Not fake news at all. Do you understand what political commentary is? If the cover had been drawn as a political cartoon would you have had the same reaction?

The fact is you're more worried about the Time cover than you are about the little children she represents.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No wonder President Trump keeps on repeating 'fake news'.

We already know what that is about ...

When is Time going to retract, not on page 32 with almost invisible tiny letters at the bottom of the page so no one can see it, but retract on a front page to show that they are a veritable magazine?

No need. The pic is symbolic of a bully targeting children. While that might not be a big deal for some, I will continue to speak out about the guy who Putin put into office self-imposed war against dark skinned children.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
George Takei: 'At Least During the Internment ...' Are Words I Thought I'd Never Utter
I was sent to a camp at just five years old — but even then, they didn't separate children from families
BY GEORGE TAKEI | JUNE 19, 2018, 9:00 AM

Imagine this scene: Tens of thousands of people, mostly families with children, are labeled by the government as a threat to our nation, used as political tools by opportunistic politicians, and caught in a vast gray zone where their civil and human rights are erased by the presumption of universal guilt. Thousands are moved around to makeshift detention centers and sites, where camps are thrown together with more regard to the bottom line than the humanity of the new residents.

That is America today, at our southern border, which asylum-seekers and undocumented migrants alike are seeking to cross. But it is also America in late 1941, in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, when overnight my community, my family, and I became the enemy because we happened to look like those who had dropped the bombs. And yet, in one core, horrifying way this is worse. At least during the internment of Japanese-Americans, I and other children were not stripped from our parents. We were not pulled screaming from our mothers’ arms. We were not left to change the diapers of younger children by ourselves.

At least during the internment, when I was just five years old, I was not taken from my parents. My family was sent to a racetrack for several weeks to live in a horse stall, but at least we had each other. At least during the internment, my parents were able to place themselves between the horror of what we were facing and my own childish understanding of our circumstances. They told us we were “going on a vacation to live with the horsies.” And when we got to Rohwer camp, they again put themselves between us and the horror, so that we would never fully appreciate the grim reality of the mosquito-infested swamp into which we had been thrown. At least during the internment, we remained a family, and I credit that alone for keeping the scars of our unjust imprisonment from deepening on my soul.

I cannot for a moment imagine what my childhood would have been like had I been thrown into a camp without my parents. That this is happening today fills me with both rage and grief: rage toward a failed political leadership who appear to have lost even their most basic humanity, and a profound grief for the families affected.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I was sent to a camp at just five years old — but even then, they didn't separate children from families
BY GEORGE TAKEI | JUNE 19, 2018, 9:00 AM

But then, unjust as that internment was, the people running the government had some sense of decency. That isn't the case today.

lifeisgood

No. Not fake news at all. Do you understand what political commentary is? If the cover had been drawn as a political cartoon would you have had the same reaction?

The FATHER of the child said she was NEVER separated from her mom. NEVER. So, you prefer to believe fraud….

The fact is you're more worried about the Time cover than you are about the little children she represents.

No. The fact is that the Time magazine cover page is FRAUD.