Trump Likely Can't Avoid Talking to Mueller

fool

Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
Did you bother to read it? It doesn't even mention uranium or the corporations involved in the sale. It's an agreement between Russia and the United States for the disposal of unneeded plutonium:

PROTOCOL TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEENTHE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION CONCERNING THE MANAGEMENT AND DISPOSITION OF PLUTONIUM DESIGNATED AS NO LONGER REQUIRED FOR DEFENSE PURPOSES AND RELATED COOPERATION

Ah, it does mention uranium. But only in context of what each nation will do with processed uranium already refined. Nothing whatever about the uranium deal or the companies involved.

Yes, I know this has been peddled around on conspiracy websites as proof that Clinton signed off on the purchase of an American mining company by a Russian company. But it isn't. It's treaty between the United States and the Russian Federation regarding disposal of plutonium.

And here's the question you should be asking yourself:

"If it's true that there was something crooked going on with Hillary Clinton, why do the guys who want you to believe that, feel the need to lie about the evidence?"

Think about it.

"Here's a document with the word "uranium" in it, and it has Clinton's signature on it."

"AH HA!"

You're correct, it appears to be here giving the Russians 15 tons of Plutonium and 400 million dollars.
My times have changed.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You're correct, it appears to be here giving the Russians 15 tons of Plutonium

It's about removing plutonium, not shipping it. Don't see anything about us giving them plutonium.

and 400 million dollars.

To be audited, used only for removal of plutonium.

Nothing whatever about the uranium deal. They lied to you about that, and because you didn't read it, you didn't know.

The Obama administration was keeping pretty close tabs on Russian behavior, which is why Putin was so eager to get a more pliable president in the WH.

My times have changed.

Yep.

Jerry Shugart

Trump's lawyers will not let Mueller go on a fishing expedition against Trump. Before his lawyers will allow Trump to testify Mueller must make it plain as to exactly Trump did which was illegal.

And since the investigation has no evidence that he did anything illegal then Trump will never testify.

You do know what a Kangaroo Court is, don't you?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump's lawyers will not let Mueller go on a fishing expedition against Trump. Before his lawyers will allow Trump to testify Mueller must make it plain as to exactly Trump did which was illegal.

Nope. That's not how it works. If you're under criminal investigation, the police have no obligation to tell you what they have on you.

And since the investigation has no evidence that he did anything illegal then Trump will never testify.

You do know what a Kangaroo Court is, don't you?

It's what they call the justice system in Russia. It's a place where presidents can just have their critics jailed.

Trump was so disappointed to learn that he couldn't just have Hillary tossed in prison. Now he has to worry about himself.

That kind of thing would never happen in Russia, you know.

Jerry Shugart

Nope. That's not how it works. If you're under criminal investigation, the police have no obligation to tell you what they have on you.

You do not know how it works. If the police start asking me questions without telling me that I am accused of a specific crime then I tell them that I will say nothing without my attorney present. Then if they still will not be specific I will simply take the fifth on my attorney's advice.

I know that you don't believe it but the USA Constitution provides safeguards against the type of interrogations of which you approve, the same type used by the KGB in Russia.

That kind of thing would never happen in Russia, you know.

You must think that we are in the USSR now because I do not see your objections to Obama's Secret Police who used KGB tactics by illegally spying on their political opponents!

If you are not against them then you are with them!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You do not know how it works. If the police start asking me questions without telling me that I am accused of a specific crime then I tell them that I will say nothing without my attorney present. Then if they still will not be specific I will simply take the fifth on my attorney's advice.

Particularly if you're guilty, or have trouble telling the truth, that's a wise move. However, the police are not in any way obligated to tell you what they know about you, until you are arrested and brought to court. Then, they have to lay all their cards on the table.

I know that you don't believe it but the USA Constitution provides safeguards against the type of interrogations of which you approve, the same type used by the KGB in Russia.

As I said, if you think you have to lie about what I say, that's a pretty good clue about your argument.

You must think that we are in the USSR

Not yet. Trump would like to have that kind of power, but the founders made sure that the state would be too deep for people like Trump and Putin to get their way.

now because I do not see your objections to Obama's Secret Police who used KGB tactics by illegally spying on their political opponents!

As you know, a court legally approved the wiretaps. And Trump appointees are running the justice department. If he did a bad job of that, maybe he should resign and let someone who knows what he's doing take over. The problem is that Trump is trying to politicize the Justice Department and let him do what he wants to anyone opposed to him.

Jerry explains Trump's values:
If you are not against them then you are with them!

That's what Nixon said.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump is perfectly entitled to take the 5th, and probably should, given even the meager evidence we know about. It seems, based on Mueller's activities, there is more that we don't know.

And as Biden said, Trump has trouble with precision. That is, he can't recount anything the same way twice; he always adds embellishments. And that would make a perjury case easy.

The problem, of course, is that if he refuses to talk, there's a price to pay for that, too.

But it won't land him in prison. And that's why his lawyers don't want him to answer under oath.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
wake-up-watchdog-hillary-clinton-bribes.jpg

You're correct, it appears to be here giving the Russians 15 tons of Plutonium and 400 million dollars.
My times have changed.

If one accepts that Hillary colluded with the Russians over uranium, that only begs the question as to why the Russians would undermine a potential "friend" in the White House by releasing, through WikiLeaks, only those emails that would be detrimental to the Clinton Campaign!

Given that Putin also subscribes to "Russia First" mantra, what was "The Donald" offering the Kremlin that could "trump" Hillary's $400 million in uranium?