Trump Likely Can't Avoid Talking to Mueller

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Oh. You're interested only in "credible facts." Got it.

Maybe the trial of the witches of salem is a better analogies. Drown them and if they die we know they are they are guilty. If they live, drown them a bit longer. Rinse and repeat.

fool

Hall of Fame

Four out of the 17 were involved in the January assessment about Russia: CIA, FBI, NSA and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which is an umbrella agency that oversees all 17 organizations.

This doesn’t mean the remaining 13 intelligence organizations disagree with the January assessment, nor does it mean the report was insufficient, according to multiple national security experts.

The 17 organizations differ on their missions and scope, so they wouldn’t all be expected to contribute to every intelligence assessment, including one of this import.

"What matters is the agencies that (were involved) and whether, based on their mandate and collection responsibilities, those are the agencies best positioned to make the assessment," said Carrie Cordero, counsel at law firm ZwillGen and former counsel for various federal agencies focusing on national security.

For example, the intelligence arms of the Drug Enforcement Agency or the Coast Guard would not be expected to collect intelligence related to Russian interference in an election, said Steven Aftergood, director of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists.

"So their endorsement or non-endorsement basically means nothing in this case," Aftergood said, adding, "In this context, the assessments that count the most are those of CIA, NSA, FBI and ODNI."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...elligence-organizations-or-four-either-way-r/

Yup, so we can dispense with the "17 Intelligence Agencies" BS finally.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Too bad for her, if it's true. But given the evidence, so far, looks as though she never even signed off on it.

Did you bother to read it? It doesn't even mention uranium or the corporations involved in the sale. It's an agreement between Russia and the United States for the disposal of unneeded plutonium:

PROTOCOL TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEENTHE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION CONCERNING THE MANAGEMENT AND DISPOSITION OF PLUTONIUM DESIGNATED AS NO LONGER REQUIRED FOR DEFENSE PURPOSES AND RELATED COOPERATION

What did they tell you it was about?

musterion

Hmmm. the sound of a Nazi interogator. Ve know zat you know und ve vill extract all...

Maybe the trial of the witches of salem is a better analogies. Drown them and if they die we know they are they are guilty. If they live, drown them a bit longer. Rinse and repeat.

Are you deliberately stupid or is it your normal state?

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Trump said in his campaign "if I voted for Clinton, I would be stuck with a criminal president under constant federal investigation from day one. "
Turns out, he was right.

Those who voted for Clinton and are stuck with a criminal president under federal investigation from day one.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Are you deliberately stupid or is it your normal state?

The Mexican kid who met Donald Trump said to him, "I want to be President one day."
Trump replied just like mustard gas above "Are you stupid? Are you an idiot? Out of your mind? Are you retarded?"

The kid replies, "You know what, I've changed my mind. Those are too many requirements."

fool

Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
Too bad for her, if it's true. But given the evidence, so far, looks as though she never even signed off on it.

Did you bother to read it? It doesn't even mention uranium
In the middle of page three.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
It’s the Russia controversy that President Donald Trump and his supporters would love the world to focus on, and it centres largely around a Toronto-based mining company.

The 2010 sale of Uranium One to Russian interests — and unproven allegations that Canadian donations to the Clinton Foundation eased its approval in the States — suddenly has new life.

Credit for the rebirth goes to the president, his media allies and a recent piece of investigative reporting on the seven-year-old issue.

“That’s your real Russian story,” Trump told reporters, “not a story where they talk about collusion and there was none.”

Breitbart News, run by the president’s former chief adviser, was rasher, heralding “Confirmation of Hillary Clinton’s Corrupt Uranium Deal with Russia.”

But the reality is rather more complicated, and the evidence of wrongdoing circumstantial at best.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
What is Uranium One?

The Toronto company owns or partly owns uranium mines in Kazakhstan, Tanzania and Wyoming, making it the world’s fourth-largest producer of the nuclear fuel. Russia’s state-owned Rosatom bought a 51 per cent stake from Canadian investors in 2010.

What is the controversy?

Because uranium is considered a strategic asset and the company mines 20 per cent of the heavy metal in the U.S., the sale had to be approved by a foreign-investment committee made up of various U.S. government departments, including the State Department, then headed by Hillary Clinton.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
he approval certainly seems unwise today, and drew some controversy at the time — a few members of Congress spoke out against it (only a few? Yes, that's right, only a few!). But Russia had not invaded Ukraine or tried to interfere in a U.S. election and was not the pariah it is now.

But who is Putin's best mate? Why Donald Duck himself.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump consistently broke from political orthodoxy in his effusive praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

His glowing statements on Putin have become central in stoking the suspicion that he and his campaign were somehow connected to Russian interference in the election.

A CNN KFile review of Trump’s public statements — from the years immediately before his presidential campaign to present — reveal that Trump has contradicted himself over the years about the nature of his relationship with Putin.

Since 2013 — when Trump’s Miss Universe pageant was held in Moscow — Trump has at least nine times claimed to have spoken to, met, or made contact with Putin. But as the 2016 campaign wore on and his statements on Putin began to attract more scrutiny, Trump changed course, denying having ever met the Russian president.

“I never met Putin,” Trump said at a July 2016 news conference. “I don’t know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius. I said thank you very much to the newspaper and that was the end of it. I never met Putin.”

fool

Hall of Fame
Russians gave The Clinton Foundation $140,000,000.
That's One Hundred and Forty Million Dollars.
Does that seem like a lot of money to you?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Did you bother to read it? It doesn't even mention uranium or the corporations involved in the sale. It's an agreement between Russia and the United States for the disposal of unneeded plutonium:

PROTOCOL TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEENTHE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION CONCERNING THE MANAGEMENT AND DISPOSITION OF PLUTONIUM DESIGNATED AS NO LONGER REQUIRED FOR DEFENSE PURPOSES AND RELATED COOPERATION

In the middle of page three.

Ah, it does mention uranium. But only in context of what each nation will do with processed uranium already refined. Nothing whatever about the uranium deal or the companies involved.

Yes, I know this has been peddled around on conspiracy websites as proof that Clinton signed off on the purchase of an American mining company by a Russian company. But it isn't. It's treaty between the United States and the Russian Federation regarding disposal of plutonium.

And here's the question you should be asking yourself:

"If it's true that there was something crooked going on with Hillary Clinton, why do the guys who want you to believe that, feel the need to lie about the evidence?"

Think about it.

"Here's a document with the word "uranium" in it, and it has Clinton's signature on it."

"AH HA!"