Trump Fine With Same Sex Marriage

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homos are aligned with the left because the have a common enemy. Same with muslims.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do Danoh, aCW, chrysostom and a few others work as bureaucrats? They seem awfully concerned about draining that swamp.

Danoh

Do Danoh, aCW, chrysostom and a few others work as bureaucrats? They seem awfully concerned about draining that swamp.

Perhaps you're right (or is that left?)

I did not believe his promises; I knew his history too well.

Yep - maybe it is just me - I never supported Gay Marriage.

jeffblue101

Perhaps you're right (or is that left?)

I did not believe his promises; I knew his history too well.

Yep - maybe it is just me - I never supported Gay Marriage.

Trump never really made a repeal of gay marriage promise instead just to elect conservative justices to over turn roe v wade. i think marriage issue is definitely is a weak link for trump and social conservatives, especially since he has been married threes times. technically once and the rest are adultery in God's eye.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Ducking a question about his personal view on the issue, which he dismissed as “irrelevant,” Trump asserted, bluntly, “it’s done.”

“These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And I’m—I’m fine with that,” he said.

jeffblue101

I've been looking for exact quotes from Trump but there seems to be alot of contradictions by him, i simply think that he doesn't really care for this particular issue.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've been looking for exact quotes from Trump but there seems to be alot of contradictions by him, i simply think that he doesn't really care for this particular issue.

Trump Supported Amending The Civil Rights Act To Include A Ban On Discrimination Based On Sexual Orientation. Asked by The Advocate about what Trump would do to combat anti-LGBTQ prejudice, Trump said “I like the idea of amending the Civil Rights Act to include a ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation. It would be simple. It would be straightforward. We don’t need to rewrite the laws currently on the books, although I do think we need to address hate-crimes legislation. But amending the Civil Rights Act would grant the same protection to gay people that we give to other Americans—it’s only fair. I actually suggested this first, and now I see [Democratic presidential candidate] Bill Bradley has jumped on the bandwagon and is claiming the idea as his own.” [The Advocate, 2/15/2000 ]

jeffblue101

Trump was never a perfect conservative on every issue, as long as he sticks to his supreme court list well be on better footing the next time a gay marriage issues comes to the supreme court.

jeffblue101

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/trump-suggests-overturning-same-sex-marriage.html
he also told the Hollywood Reporter in August that anybody continuing to fight the ruling was just playing politics:

Some people have hopes of passing amendments, but it’s not going to happen. Congress can’t pass simple things, let alone that. So anybody that’s making that an issue is doing it for political reasons. The Supreme Court ruled on it.
Back during the Kim Davis marriage-license standoff in Kentucky, Trump additionally remarked that she should have obeyed the law, noting that, “You have to go with it. The decision’s been made, and that is the law of the land.”