ECT Trollphobia: the L'Abri doctrine of being open to questions

Danoh

It never does.

Really, what is the point in laying a thing out to any of you?

By your illogic, heir, your failure to reply to my post to you (where I posted passages from Acts 14) means you had no answer.

That is how blindly entrenched in your double-standard you each continue to prove yourselves to be.

:doh:

But what can one expect from such incompetents - here, I'll throw another one at you for you to once more prove not only your double-standard, but the incompetence that is your approach.

You see this here?

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

He is NOT asserting YOUR false-positive.

You WRONGLY assert he was getting on them for practicing the Lord's Supper.

Never mind the continued flow of his thought, in the very next passage...

11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Then again, you quietly replaced your error "what saith the scripture" with my correction "what the scripture saith" so maybe there is hope for you yet. :chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Really, what is the point in laying a thing out to any of you?

By your illogic, heir, your failure to reply to my post to you (where I posted passages from Acts 14) means you had no answer.
I didn't want to go into it with you who denies everything I put forth, but here...The "Idol Worshipping Pagan Gentiles" were never preached the gospel of Christ. Acts 14 shows that after Paul stedfastly beholded, and perceived that the man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked, had faith to be healed; he commanded him to stand upright on his feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what he had done, they started exclaiming how the gods had come down in the likeness of men and even the priest of Jupiter brought gifts all of which was false worship of Paul and Barnabus causing Paul and Barnabus to rent their clothes, and run in among the people, crying out:

Acts 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Acts 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

Acts 14:18 And with these sayings scarce restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them.

No gospel of Christ preached...

To whom was salvation sent at that time?

Where would those "pagan" Gentiles have to go to hear preaching by Paul at that time? I'll give you the answer...the synagogue of the Jews Acts 14:1-2 KJV, Acts 17:1-3 KJV, Acts 17:27 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is how blindly entrenched in your double-standard you each continue to prove yourselves to be.

:doh:

But what can one expect from such incompetents - here, I'll throw another one at you for you to once more prove not only your double-standard, but the incompetence that is your approach.

You see this here?

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
Careful! One of the reasons you can't stand true rightly dividing is showing. What a shocker...the Lord's supper brought up (over and over) as to us by a man (who can't get over it) who refuses to or can't figure out by the scriptures who the Lord's supper was for and who it is not for. Why is this such a hot button issue for you and others? Long story short: we were never under ANY ordinances and most certainly not to eat the Lord's supper.

Danoh

I didn't want to go into it with you who denies everything I put forth, but here...The "Idol Worshipping Pagan Gentiles" were never preached the gospel of Christ. Acts 14 shows that after Paul stedfastly beholded, and perceived that the man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked, had faith to be healed; he commanded him to stand upright on his feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what he had done, they started exclaiming how the gods had come down in the likeness of men and even the priest of Jupiter brought gifts all of which was false worship of Paul and Barnabus causing Paul and Barnabus to rent their clothes, and run in among the people, crying out:

Acts 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

Acts 14:18 And with these sayings scarce restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them.

Where would those "pagan" Gentiles have to go to hear preaching by Paul at that time? I'll give you the answer...the synagogue of the Jews Acts 14:1-2 KJV, Acts 17:1-3 KJV, Acts 17:27 KJV

:rotfl:

musterion

"Your reading approach is obviously off somewhere."

"The dumbness your obvious mis-fire of an approach cannot but result in - your reading INTO a thing."

Pure Bulverism right there.

Rarely, do any of them make sense.

They don't and there's a good reason for that.

I've said it before but it's what C.S. Lewis (correctly) identified as Bulverism -- telling someone WHY they are wrong without first proving THAT they are wrong.

Actually, in this case it's Reverse Bulverism: telling people THAT they're wrong without explaining WHY, even when they ask, as STP has done dozens of times.

I figure it as a mark of a moby...a fake...because at the very least (a) someone who is a lover of truth would go to great lengths to make sure those he reproves are soundly corrected, and (b) it's now SOP for him. It's THE pattern.

Have asked this before too: if an infiltrator was set on trying to disrupt MAD from the inside...someone who had learned just enough MAD doctrine to pass (for a while), would you expect it to look any different from what we're seeing?

Danoh

Careful! One of the reasons you can't stand true rightly dividing is showing. What a shocker...the Lord's supper brought up (over and over) as to us by a man (who can't get over it) who refuses to or can't figure out by the scriptures who the Lord's supper was for and who it is not for. Why is this such a hot button issue for you and others? Long story short: we were never under ANY ordinances and most certainly not to eat the Lord's supper.

That is just dumb.

Fact is, you and your pals could post pictures all day long depicting your partaking of the Lord's Supper and you would still not be keeping it.

I know - just now, what I meant by that went right past your head.

And you call yourselves MADs "from the" what's his name - whom you were parroting - "get go."

:chuckle:

Point is, I brought those passages up only because you are off base on your assertion about their intended sense.

You ought to work in a movie theater as a projectionist - you sure project things onto the words of others.

:D

Danoh

Someone who TRULY loves truth would NEVER say this to those he continually rebukes:

Rubbish, Mr. Found a Home With the Baptists.

heir, your double-standard and that of your pals is showing.

Why haven't any of you gotten on Musti on this issue? You sure made a big stink about Enyart not asserting 1 Cor. 15 to your liking.

Why does this fool Musti, get a pass when he asserts he has found a home among the Baptists?

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

musterion

bulverism-logical-fallacy-where-assumed-that-person-wrong-go-politics-1453965475.jpg

Step 1. Label someone a hybrid.

Step 2. Do not explain in any specific detail exactly what a hybrid is. At best, post links to other people's work which you know they won't read because it isn't yours. Berate them for not reading it anyway, or insist you already explained it, or demur explanation as a waste of time because hybrids are stupid.

Step 3. Proceed to disregard or ridicule anything a hybrid says on the basis of their being a stupid hybrid.

Step 4: LOL

Step 5. Very important: ignore all requests for clarification of your continued rebukes.

Step 6. Befriend and employ all adversaries of your hybrid enemies, no matter who they are or what they believe. Solidify the relationship by calling them "bro" (also occasionally call hybrids "bro" even though everyone will know you can't possibly mean it).

Step 7. Insinuate their hybridism into any and all topics: politics, pets, car maintenance, personal hygiene, etc.

Step 8. LOL

Pro tip: whenever possible, refer to all hybrids as racists.

Danoh

bulverism-logical-fallacy-where-assumed-that-person-wrong-go-politics-1453965475.jpg

Step 1. Label someone a hybrid.
Step 2. Do not explain in any specific detail exactly what a hybrid is. At best, post links to other people's work which you know they won't read because it isn't yours. Berate them for not reading it anyway.
Step 3. Proceed to disregard or ridicule anything a hybrid says on the basis of their being a hybrid.
Step 4. Very important: ignore all requests for clarification of your rebukes.
Step 5. Befriend all enemies of your hybrid enemies, no matter who they are. Call them bro.
Step 6. LOL

Reminder: he also likes to call hybrids "racist."

Absolute paranoia on your part, as usual.

Any one who goes through older posts on here, including old posts on the MAD Forum, will see why I barely bother wasting much time posting the Scriptural basis of my assertions to most of you.

Exactly why I posted Shawn's findings this time around, rather then re-invent that wheel - even though I found that parts of his basically well laid out 25 point outline were a bit off.

You are full of it, Musti. On all of that.

As usual.

This is obviously a personal issue for you, you hypocrite.

Just as it is now obvious you are still a Baptist - posing as an ALMOST 28er.

And that image you posted - nice - for another man's labor.

Feel free to attempt to counter what I posted to heir about the actual sense of this passage....

Yeah, I thought so...

Danoh

Nope.

The following is largely the same pattern of events described with regard to Paul, later in Acts also.

Paul in Acts 14, after he was run out of Iconium, leaving behind new disciples.

Acts 14:6 They were ware of it, and fled unto Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and unto the region that lieth round about:

What did he do in these two cities of Lycaonia: Lystra and Derbe?

14:7 And there they preached the gospel.

Only to be run off, and worse, AFTER he had succeeded in wining over new disciples...

14:19 And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.

14:20 Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

What did he do again?

14:21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

And what else?

14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

And what else?

14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

He then moved on...

14:24 And after they had passed throughout Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia.

And did what?

14:25 And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down into Attalia:

He then returned to Antioch to report on the very work he had gone out to do among the Gentiles...

14:26 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled. 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles. 14:28 And there they abode long time with the disciples.

You are wrong.

Plain and simple.

And obviously most of your pals are not up to the task; thus their sole focus once more: derision

DAN P

Rubbish, Mr. Found a Home With the Baptists.

heir, your double-standard and that of your pals is showing.

Why haven't any of you gotten on Musti on this issue? You sure made a big stink about Enyart not asserting 1 Cor. 15 to your liking.

Why does this fool Musti, get a pass when he asserts he has found a home among the Baptists?

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Hi , Danoh , and you MIS-QUOTED 1 Tim 1:4 WRONG !!

The word used as EDIFYING is not in the Greek text and the Greek text says it is the word OIKONOMIA which IS the word DISPENSATION !!

dan p