ECT Trollphobia: the L'Abri doctrine of being open to questions

Interplanner

One of the unusually healthy doctrines of L'Abri Fellowship is (or was last checked) their masthead doctrinal statement that they are not afraid that any question will somehow disintegrate the Christian faith or message. That message will stand all tests.

So whenever a group has to end, stop, or ban a certain question, it must be a fear that something will come apart. A Marxist must stop a free market person from asking about Lenin-worship. There still is Lenin-worship; it is disgusting. Iran, as another example, must hit dissenters and break their faces. The FM is a 'troll' because the Marxist has fundamentalist procedures that he is trying to protect.

In the last century, trying to help the Bible, Ryrie and others proposed doctrines like 'two peoples, two programs' because 'the Bible didn't make sense' and 'needed their help.' However, the doctrines don't make sense! People who follow Ryrie and D'ism now have a fear of trolls who ask real questions about these concoctions.

By contrast, a radio program today called Table Talk (after Luther) by a group called Life Bearers .org, featured 3 hosts discussing what Isaiah saw coming in Messiah, especially in chs 9, 42, 55. The NT interpretation of such passages was the guide. No fear of boogeymen, they had a sound understanding of the passages in their normal, ordinary sense.

Danoh

One of the unusually healthy doctrines of L'Abri Fellowship is (or was last checked) their masthead doctrinal statement that they are not afraid that any question will somehow disintegrate the Christian faith or message. That message will stand all tests.

So whenever a group has to end, stop, or ban a certain question, it must be a fear that something will come apart. A Marxist must stop a free market person from asking about Lenin-worship. There still is Lenin-worship; it is disgusting. Iran, as another example, must hit dissenters and break their faces. The FM is a 'troll' because the Marxist has fundamentalist procedures that he is trying to protect.

In the last century, trying to help the Bible, Ryrie and others proposed doctrines like 'two peoples, two programs' because 'the Bible didn't make sense' and 'needed their help.' However, the doctrines don't make sense! People who follow Ryrie and D'ism now have a fear of trolls who ask real questions about these concoctions.

By contrast, a radio program today called Table Talk (after Luther) by a group called Life Bearers .org, featured 3 hosts discussing what Isaiah saw coming in Messiah, especially in chs 9, 42, 55. The NT interpretation of such passages was the guide. No fear of boogeymen, they had a sound understanding of the passages in their normal, ordinary sense.

You just don't get it - books based exchange "about" the Scripture between such individuals is often nothing more than men attempting to impress one another with how wise they are in their other men's labors (the book writers).

You are kidding yourself - having personally engaged plenty of those types - I have continually found that when the push comes to shove that is the question "Nevertheless, what a with the Scripture?" such too often prove way overly books based in their supposed knowledge of what is found in the Scripture.

And just as intolerant of any view, either than their own

And just as intolerant of what such often perceive is nothing more than an attempt by the other side to show them up.

And you ought to know what that is like - that is exactly how you are perceived by most on here who deal with you.

Are you kidding?

A talk show?

Where people are on their best, false front behavior?

Have ever been privy to how such individuals often carry on about the others after the mike is supposedly off?

Leave it to you to ignore the wise words of Frank Zappa, when in the company of such - "yellow snow, yellow snow; don't go where the huskies go..."

:chuckle:

Interplanner

"Nevertheless, what a with the Scripture?"

Between this (above) by Danoh and his yesterday's recommendation that Plessinger was addressing a blind spot I had, you are nothing but a puzzle. You are MAD, but the Bible is actually mid-Genesis-1-11, or mid-Genesis-3.

None of my last 5 threads use the acronym which Sherman banned.

SaulToPaul 2

"Nevertheless, what a with the Scripture?"

Between this (above) by Danoh and his yesterday's recommendation that Plessinger was addressing a blind spot I had, you are nothing but a puzzle. You are MAD, but the Bible is actually mid-Genesis-1-11, or mid-Genesis-3.

None of my last 5 threads use the acronym which Sherman banned.

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"- LORD JESUS

"For I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles"-LORD JESUS to Paul

Interplanner

You are being an evil dictator again like with Acts 2, 3, 13.

Mt 3 says Is 9 says the mission always was to the nations, which is why he went to live in Galilee.

Your system is the easiest to decapitate I have ever seen. Better [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] so you are "safe" from questions!

Danoh

There you go with that "second sending of Paul" mis-fire of yours. :chuckle:

Acts 17: 11, 12.

SaulToPaul 2

There you go with that "second sending of Paul" mis-fire of yours. :chuckle:

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Acts 13
13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Where is Danoh in this picture? Nowhere to be found.

Danoh would likely have been off worshiping Diana.

Interplanner

Acts 13
13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

No point in trying to 'solve' for Danoh; the passage is to all who fear God and we know this because he taught the same thing in Romans, Galatians and Ephesians. There is no ordinary NT passage that preserves a blessing for the race of Israel as such. It is always about those who have faith, both in Israel and among the nations. Justification is the blessing enjoyed now, and in the age to come, the NHNE.

Right Divider

Body part
No point in trying to 'solve' for Danoh; the passage is to all who fear God and we know this because he taught the same thing in Romans, Galatians and Ephesians. There is no ordinary NT passage that preserves a blessing for the race of Israel as such. It is always about those who have faith, both in Israel and among the nations. Justification is the blessing enjoyed now, and in the age to come, the NHNE.
There is still more than a thousand years before the NHNE.

Danoh

Acts 13

Yep. Yours is clearly an Acts 28er approach mixed into your Acts 9.

And never mind, Paul's Gentile ministry in Acts 9.

You can't even see the Romans 3 and Romans 11 principle you just now violated in all that; can you?

Acts 17: 11B.

Interplanner

There is still more than a thousand years before the NHNE.

Sorry I do not find that in the NT in the ordinary-language descriptions of the end:
Rom 2, 8
I Cor 15
2 Tim 4
2 Pet 3
Heb 9
2 Th 2

Your belief is usually based on circuitous reasoning from the Rev which is treated as though it was as straightforward on chronology as a chain saw manual. Hardly. Hard to generate such a belief on such scant and slippery wording.

Also, on the basis of descriptions of the end, there is hardly any elapsed time. There is the short rebellion which is destroyed instantly by the mouth of Christ as the world is burnt but the NHNE is made. Can you show otherwise--in ordinary, direct descriptions?

Danoh

"Hard to generate such a belief on such scant and slippery wording."

The very basis of your eschatology, IP - the literal made figurative and with that, made subject to anyone's reading what ever into a thing.

Eactly why you confuse Israel's Prophesied mission to the Gentiles, as being the same as that Mystery mission to them that began with an Israelite after he (Paul) himself was concluded in spiritual UNcircumcision with the larger part of his also concluded in UNcircumcision nation: Unbelieving Israel.

Yours is the exact reverse of STP's dual, "God -fearing/ pagan Gentiles" mis-fire, and that of some of his pals. :chuckle:

Acts 17:11B.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep. Yours is clearly an Acts 28er approach mixed into your Acts 9.

And never mind, Paul's Gentile ministry in Acts 9.

You can't even see the Romans 3 and Romans 11 principle you just now violated in all that; can you?

Acts 17: 11B.

Where are you in Acts 13:26 (KJV)?
Show me.

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry I do not find that in the NT in the ordinary-language descriptions of the end:
Rom 2, 8
I Cor 15
2 Tim 4
2 Pet 3
Heb 9
2 Th 2

Your belief is usually based on circuitous reasoning from the Rev which is treated as though it was as straightforward on chronology as a chain saw manual. Hardly. Hard to generate such a belief on such scant and slippery wording.

Also, on the basis of descriptions of the end, there is hardly any elapsed time. There is the short rebellion which is destroyed instantly by the mouth of Christ as the world is burnt but the NHNE is made. Can you show otherwise--in ordinary, direct descriptions?
Read the book of Revelation some time. Satan has not yet been bound for a thousand years.