Trinity Proof Scriptures

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
...the questions of "whether it is Jesus or it is the Father who receives glory at Phil 2:8-11.

(Philippians 2:9-11) "..For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.."

In Philippians 2:8-11 KJV, we see that Jesus receives glory, and that the Father receives glory:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Only a deranged person could read, here, that God "hath highly exalted" Jesus, and "given Jesus a name which is above every name", and that "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...", "and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord", AND YET STILL DENY that the passage is a description of Jesus being glorified every bit as much as God the Father is glorified.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I've already debunked this. The "Lord" mentioned in Matt 4:10 is father as shown by the quoted verse of the old testament he was reciting to Satan, Jesus was talking about the Father Jehovah when saying who to worship.

(Matthew 4:10) "..Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is the Lord your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service..’”

(Deuteronomy 6:13) "..Jehovah your God you should fear, and him you should serve, and by his name you should swear.."

I don't see any father mentioned in Deuteronomy 6:13 KJV. Also, your phrase, "the Father Jehovah", is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Nowhere.

Rosenritter

To what (if anything), that I stated, are you referring as "a good point"? Quote my exact words embodying what you are calling "a good point". Or, were you just making more noise?

That's a pretty aggressive way to respond to "You raise a good point."

NWL

1. You are seriously arguing that Matthew 27:50 are merely "bodies being raised out of the ground" and not "came to life?" Just what are you imagining happened here? That an earthquake happened and dead bodies were being moved around like puppets on strings?

Did you read my post I alluded to in my last post to you? How can you asked me If I arguing "bodies being raised out of the ground" over them "coming to life" when the verse only mentions them "raising out of the ground" and NOT c"coming to life", it should be simple conclude which of the those two things are correct. Do you think its just a coincidence that an earthquake was mention precisely before the dead were raised out of the tombs? And no, it does not mentioned them walking and talking but simply that the bodies "went into the Holy City, where many people saw them", Jerusalem, if you have ever been or seen pictures is a hilly area, so they could have easily have rolled from the tombs into the city.

Don't you think its also weird that if they were in fact resurrected that all other bible account leave out such a feat as its only mentioned in the book of Matthew.

All that to defend your theory that "Jesus is the first and the last to be raised by God?" I'm seriously doubting your integrity and/or sanity right now.

When you start attacking someones character in a debate your clearly on the loosing side and trying to appeal to the "Ad hominem" argument.

2. Your question is flawed, scripture does not say that "God cannot die." God is omnipotent, which means he can die as many times as he wants. God is immortal and has immortality in himself, meaning that it is not possible that he should be held by death, because he can bring himself back to life. He has life in himself thus he can raise himself. (see Acts 2:24 KJV, John 5:26 KJV, John 2:19 KJV.)

That wasn't a very good question.

Its difficult to know what you're talking about when you don't quote my points you addressing directly. What question are you referring to? Immortality means not being able to die, God cannot die. The verse you showed (acts 2:24) is in relation to Jesus, Death wasn't not able to hold Jesus because Jesus was God, but rather, it was because he wasn't deserving of death as he was sinless, only the sinful deserve to die, see Romans 6:23. Since Jesus wasn't deserving of death and had yet died, death could not hold him.

Despite God being all powerful it does not mean he can do literally anything, God cannot lie, he cannot be tempted, he cannot wish himself out of existence (die), he cannot sin, he cannot make an object be in any quantity of minus. If God can die then he is no God.

3. If you don't think Acts 17:31 and John 5:22 make sense then it is likely that the fault lies with your underlying theology, that which you should be willing to subject to scripture, rather than demanding that scripture make way for your theology. Acts 17:31 says that God judges the dead but through means of the Christ, and John 5:22 says that Jesus judges the dead and not the Father. By your construction those two verses would render Jesus as "God" and "the Father" as "not God."

It was your understanding and contradictory answers that I did not agree with, not the verses in question.

Scripture should be used to interpret scripture, scripture does not override or contradict other scripture.

Answer me if you will, the Father as mentioned in John 5:22, the God who Judges the world through the man who was appointed to Judge?

Is God appointing Jesus to judge the world in acts 17:31 and the Father entrusting Jesus to do all the in John 5:22 referring to the same idea of Jesus receiving authority to judge?

4. To clarify, an absurd blasphemer can attempt to apply "I am the first and the last" to a normal person. It's a title claimed by God in most definite and certain terms. Am I that clear now?

5. To clarify, the phrase "I am the first and the last" in scripture is never used with any lesser qualification, such as "I am the first and the last janitor to eat a ham sandwich while cleaning the toilet" or "I am the first and the last person to blaspheme the LORD and live" or anything else like that. It says, "I am the first and the last" and clarifies with "I am the beginning and the end" and "I am the Alpha and Omega." Your argument has reached the level of stupidity and it should be quickly abandoned as a dead end.

More put me down to try and bolster your argument! Good work my Christian friend!

You say no scripture ever speak of the F&L in any other way other being the "I am the beginning and the end" and "I am the Alpha and Omega", yet you ignore my original argument that Rev 1:17,18 and Rev 2:8 don't! The context nowhere refers to Jesus being God or almighty but rather refer to his death and resurrection, you can keep ignoring this fact, but it won't make it go away.

I'm not suggesting scripture states the following when I ask the following, so please don't use it as an excuse not to answer this time:

Satan is the first adversary of God and he will be the last adversary of God, Can someone say Satan is "the First and the last of God adversaries". Yes or no?

Can Adam be referred to as the "first and the last person whom God made out for dust"(this question relates to this present and not future events of Resurrection)?

6. Your argument that the phrase "first and the last" is not meant in the sense of uniqueness, that one can be declared the "first and the last" and not really be the first and not really be the last is just plain dumb. God doesn't give any such qualifier when he says "I am the first and the last" to mean "I am the first and the last but there's going to be another that will make this passage obsolete."

When you say that someone is "the Last Samurai" you don't mean that they are the MOST RECENT Samurai. When you say that a person was "the Last Jedi" you don't mean that they were the most recent Jedi recruit. When God says "I am the first and the last, and beside which there is no other God" he doesn't mean that he is the MOST RECENT God and that more Gods will follow.

Stop using put me downs to bolster your arguments and just answer the questions, why must it be such a struggle.

Satan is the first adversary of God and he will be the last adversary of God, Can someone say Satan is "the First and the last of God adversaries". Yes or no?

Can Adam be referred to as the "first and the last person whom God made out for dust"(this question relates to this present and not future events of Resurrection)?

7. You SERIOUSLY are playing the Jehovah's Witness Hail Mary desperation play here? The "your bible doesn't use the English word Jehovah in every other passage? If you want to talk about the New World Translation, perhaps you could present one (even one) Greek manuscript that uses the name "Jehovah" in the New Testament, to justify the plethora of "Jehovah" words that are "translated" there. Again, do you seriously want to go there, when considering the warning that God has about adding to his words? "LORD" is a translation in the theme of the tetragrammaton whereas "Jehovah" isn't a translation of the Greek text at all.

Stop trying to deflect, you were plainly wrong when you stated using the phrase the F&L would be "taking the name of the LORD in vain". Again, using the LORDs's name in vain is using Jehovah's name in vain, NOT using the phrase F&L. You are meant to be Christian and show humility, right now all you're showing is arrogance.

Revelation 19:1, Revelation 19:3, Revelation 19 :4

8. Finally, that the last may be first, your argument that "the first and the last" is an everyday descriptive is just stupid. Even your example of "saviour" fails to make the distinction between descriptive and title. In the context of the salvation of mankind and eternal life, of which there is no greater context, we are told there is one savior. And we are told that is God and Jesus Christ.

Are Ehuh and Othniel both saviors according to scripture, yes or no?

(Judges 3:9) When the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, Jehovah raised up a savior to rescue the Israelites, Othʹni·el the son of Keʹnaz, the younger brother of Caʹleb.

(Judges 3:15) Then the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, so Jehovah raised up for them a savior, Eʹhud the son of Geʹra, a Benʹja·min·ite who was left-handed. In time the Israelites sent tribute through him to Egʹlon the king of Moʹab.

I don't know how to break you out of Jehovah's Witness brainwashing, but it's sad to see the gymnastics engaged in to avoid the plain stated revelation. Is JW status really more important than God and Christ? What they say is more important than what he says? There doesn't seem to be any name or title you won't dismiss, holding your doctrine as more precious. When Jesus says that one must "sell all that they have and follow him" doesn't it seem to you that might also include selfish doctrines and systems?

You have yet to answer a question I keep posing, this is now the 3rd attempt, please answer it.

4. If the F&L is in relation to Jesus being Almighty God as in Rev 1:8 then how is it possible the "first and the last became dead" according to both Rev 1:18 and Rev 2:8 since God cannot die. Please do not say its speaking about his humanity as Jesus is clearly speaking in regards to his divine nature (according to your reasoning of F&L being the same as Rev 1:8 A&O the almighty). How is it possible immortal God died. If you have answered this question, please show me where.

NWL

Oh, so he thinks that the Holy Spirit is, simultaneously, BOTH God AND not God?

Either the Holy Spirit is God, or the Holy Spirit is not God. You folks don't get a pass on being subject to the law of the excluded middle. Not only do you despise the Logos of John 1:1 KJV, you despise logic.

Only deranged people will claim that God is an attribute of God, but that is what Dartman is claiming, when he states that the Holy Spirit is BOTH God AND an attribute of God.

7djengo7 as I said to you when you first showed me his post I could be wrong and that he could correct me if I was, this should have been clear enough for you to work out that I do not claim to know all the thoughts and beliefs of Dartman, I said what I said on the little knwoledge I have on him and the single statement you showed me.

If you care so deeply of this matter I suggest you PM him, I really couldn't care less about it and won't defend someone who's beliefs I don't know and have never claimed to know.

NWL

vs.

Which is it? Do you, or do you not, worship Jesus?

What's with this meaningless jargon you're fond of about "directly worshiping" someone?

Since you claim, out of one side of your mouth, that you "do worship Jesus", and then, out of the other side of your mouth, you claim that you do not "directly worship [Jesus]", what you have entailed, in those claims, is that you "worship Jesus", but not "directly". In other words, you are saying that you INDIRECTLY worship Jesus.

This meaningless jargon of yours is, of course, NOT from Scripture. No, sir. It's just one of your many language games--it's basically you farting in the face of people who, thinking logically, bring into focus your inconsistencies and hypocrisies.

Either you worship Jesus, or you do not worship Jesus. There's no middle ground for you to take refuge in. Again, you're not above the law of excluded middle. We all understand that you, in fact, do not worship Jesus at all, just as we understand that you do not worship His Father at all, and that you are a Christ-hater, and a God-the-Father-hater.

(Philippians 1:11) and that you may be filled with righteous fruit, which is through Jesus Christ, to God’s glory and praise.

(1 Peter 2:5) you yourselves as living stones are being built up into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, in order to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

(Romans 7:25) Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin’s law.

(Romans 1:8) First of all, I give thanks to my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, because your faith is talked about throughout the whole world.

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Need I show more? To approach the Father we go through Jesus, fact! Show me from scripture instead of spweing the same thing over and over again that does refute the things I say in anyway.

NWL said:
Who did Jesus say created Man according to Mark 10:6 , himself or God?
7djengo7 said:

So Jesus said "Jesus" in Mark 10:6 and not "God"?

NWL said:
According to Hebrews 1:1,2 who created the world, including man?
7djengo7 said:

Just to confirm, Hebrews 1:1,2 states "God.. has spoken to us by means of his Son, through whom he made the world". When is states this just confirm for everyone that "the God" who created the world "through his Son" was Jesus, Jesus created the world through his son Jesus?

If your answer is that it wasn't Jesus, then who is the identity of the "God" mentioned in Hebrews 1:1 as shown above?

NWL

NWL said:
the questions of "whether it is Jesus or it is the Father who receives glory at Phil 2:8-11.

(Philippians 2:9-11) "..For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.."
In Philippians 2:8-11 KJV, we see that Jesus receives glory, and that the Father receives glory:

So confirm, when the verse says that every knee bends to Jesus and that its "to the glory of the God the Father" what that really, despite it not saying so, is that its "to the glory of the Father and Jesus", is this correct? If not, then why did include Jesus? Remember I'm asking who receives the glory in the ultimate sense.

Only a deranged person could read, here, that God "hath highly exalted" Jesus, and "given Jesus a name which is above every name", and that "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow...", "and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord", AND YET STILL DENY that the passage is a description of Jesus being glorified every bit as much as God the Father is glorified.

Where have I denied or stated Jesus doesn't receive glory by the passage? Don't assume things, if you don't know something about what I believe just ask and I'll tell you what I think.

I believe Jesus does receive glory, in a sense, by the passage, but this is exactly my point, despite all knees bending to him (receiving glory) it doesn't go to him but the Father, one must ask why. Maybe it's because worship is given to God by worshiping through Jesus. Which has been my point the whole time and the very reason why I used Phil 2:8-11, as it shows Jesus receiving glory by then bending of the knee all people, BUT that glory going to the Father and not Jesus, since worship goes through Jesus.

NWL

To what (if anything), that I stated, are you referring as "a good point"? Quote my exact words embodying what you are calling "a good point". Or, were you just making more noise?

The "good point" I was referring to was when you used Jesus remarks on who to worship according to the translations you were using. Try not to take offense(as it seems) to compliments, it not very becoming.

NWL

I don't see any father mentioned in Deuteronomy 6:13 KJV. Also, your phrase, "the Father Jehovah", is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Nowhere.

No. It does not.
Isaiah 64:8 KJV does not say (what YOU say) "Jehovah is the father".
Isaiah 64:8 KJV says "O Lord, thou art our father".

[I was prompted to think of this by reading one of JudgeRightly's posts. Thanks, JR.:)]

JR is wrong, and yet to find out. He, like yourself, used the argument of technicality to try and show that the Father is not Jehovah despite the verse reading "O Jehovah, you are our Father". He reasoned that since Isaiah was stated to the Jew of the days, and we are not Jesus, that Jehovah is not the Father but their Father, this ignore the fact that Jesus (along with the apostles), as a Jew, and who spoke like a Jew referred to Jehovah as the Father even when speaking with gentiles. Regardless, we are Jews by right today since we have been adopted and are Israel, Abraham's seed, thus the Jehovah who was the Father of the Jews as seen in Isaiah 64:8 is our father today in exactly the same way since we as Christians are Israel, Abraham offspring.

I attempted to show this to JR, showing him that we are Abraham seed (Gal 3:29), he then went off on another technicality stating we ARE Abraham's seed, but NOT new Israel, he did this based on the merit that the verse says Abraham's seed/offspring and ONLY relates to his actual children and NOT grandchildren, namely Jacob/Israel and his descendants. This is wholly wrong as seed in the biblically term means descendants and not the first line of children. Moreover, it was through Jaobs/Israel descendants that the "heirs with reference to a promise" (as seen in Gal 3:29) when said to Abraham by God relates.

What else JR and yourself don't realize is that the Gentiles being adopted as Abraham's seed is referred to as being Israel so totally destroys his, and your agreement. Christians are Israel, you can reject and deny this if you wish through hard heartnesses as I know you both hate being wrong -who doesn't- but by denying it you're in effect denying the promise God gave to Abraham for yourself.

(Galatians 3:29) "..Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.."

(Romans 9:7, 8) "..For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.” 7 Neither are they all children because they are Abraham’s offspring; rather, “What will be called your offspring will be through Isaac.” 8 That is, the children in the flesh are not really the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the offspring.
.."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR is wrong, and yet to find out.

And yet, you haven't bothered replying to my last post to you.

He, like yourself, used the argument of technicality to try and show that the Father is not Jehovah despite the verse reading "O Jehovah, you are our Father".

Liar.

YOUR ARGUMENT WAS THIS:

Does Isaiah 64:8 say that Jehovah is the Father, yes or no?

(Isaiah 64:8) "..But now, O Jehovah, you are our Father.."

And my response was this:

No.

It says the the LORD is OUR [the Nation of Israel's] Father.

Your argument was not whether the Father was Jehovah, but whether Jehovah was the Father.

He reasoned that since Isaiah was stated to the Jew of the days, and we are not Jesus, that Jehovah is not the Father but their Father,

Liar.

I said no such thing.

Go on, click the little blue arrow next to my post and read again what I said, because you clearly didn't read it the first time.

this ignore the fact that Jesus (along with the apostles), as a Jew, and who spoke like a Jew referred to Jehovah as the Father even when speaking with gentiles.

Your point?

Regardless, we are Jews by right today since we have been adopted and are Israel,

Begging the question doesn't make your argument valid.

Christians (definitely not you) are neither Jew nor Gentile.

We are NOT Israel.

We ARE Abraham's seed.

Abraham's seed, thus the Jehovah who was the Father of the Jews as seen in Isaiah 64:8 is our father today in exactly the same way since we as Christians are Israel, Abraham offspring.

More begging the question, which causes you to argue from a false premise.

I attempted to show this to JR, showing him that we are Abraham seed (Gal 3:29),

Which I did not deny, you dimwit.

he then went off on another technicality stating we ARE Abraham's seed, but NOT new Israel, he did this based on the merit that the verse says Abraham's seed/offspring

Because it does.

and ONLY relates to his actual children and NOT grandchildren, namely Jacob/Israel and his descendants.

No, that wasn't my argument, you liar.

My argument was that Abraham had MORE THAN ONE SON, through THREE DIFFERENT WOMEN!

God even called him the father of MANY nations.

Israel is a SINGLE nation, and is NOT the only nation Abraham is a father of.

This is wholly wrong as seed in the biblically term means descendants and not the first line of children. Moreover, it was through Jaobs/Israel descendants that the "heirs with reference to a promise" (as seen in Gal 3:29) when said to Abraham by God relates.

:blabla:

What else JR and yourself don't realize is that the Gentiles being adopted as Abraham's seed is referred to as being Israel so totally destroys his, and your agreement.

More question begging.

Scripture DOES NOT SAY that the BoC is Israel. It says we are Abraham's seed, and since Abraham was the father of MANY nations, and we through adoption, we CANNOT be Israel.

Christians are Israel, you can reject and deny this if you wish through hard heartnesses as I know you both hate being wrong -who doesn't- but by denying it you're in effect denying the promise God gave to Abraham for yourself.

(Galatians 3:29) "..Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.."

Which, no matter how you twist it, does not say that the BoC is Israel.

When a father adopts a son, after having a son through his wife, does the adopted son become his and his wife's own flesh and blood? No, of course not.

So then why would you think that we, the Body of Christ, would become Israel, who was the GRANDSON of Abraham!?

(Romans 9:7, 8) "..For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.” 7 Neither are they all children because they are Abraham’s offspring; rather, “What will be called your offspring will be through Isaac.” 8 That is, the children in the flesh are not really the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the offspring.
.."[/QUOTE]

Which, again, no matter how you twist it, is not talking about the BoC at all, but of Israel, and proselytes, those who became Jews after being born Gentiles.

---------------------------

And this is the issue, you're claiming the verses support the trinity and therefore cannot support my claim,

Liar.

I make no such claim.

I said that the verses you provide cannot be used as a rebuttal of the trinity, because they support the trinity.

I DID NOT SAY that the verses could not be interpreted otherwise, as you have clearly shown that is possible.

the only thing is you never addressed or showed how I was wrong in my claim, so what you're in effect saying is "NWL is wrong because I say he's wrong and I'm right because I say I'm right", this is hardly a worthwhile discussion so far or a convincing argument from you end.

Liar.

I already address and showed proof for this point but you ignored it.

Jesus is the exception because God said he was the exception according to verses such as Phil 2:8-11

Which says nothing about Jesus being any sort of exception.

that show everyone bending the knee to Jesus as he has been exalted.

Exalted back to where He was before.

Yes only God is worthy, hence why despite every knee bending to Jesus openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord its not to his glory but to the glory of God the Father as Phil 2:8-11 clearly shows.

That's called idolatry, something God calls a sin.

I don't have the time to teach you the basics of scripture in detail,

What you mean is, "I don't have the time to show you my corrections to scripture."

(Hebrews 5:1) "..For every high priest taken from among men is appointed in their behalf over the things relating to God, so that he may offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.."

As you can see from the above, the High priest of Israel, who now is Jesus, offered up gifts and sacrifices on behalf of the nation. No person in the nation of Israel could approach YHWH himself, the high priest had to do it on the peoples behalf, the nation of Israel had to go through the High priest the same way we today can only approach God through our modern day high priest, namely Jesus.

Christians are Israel,

More question begging.

this again is a basic christian teaching,

Appeal to tradition.

we have been adopted and have become Abraham seed

Duh.

(Hebrews/Israel) and become spiritual Israel.

No, we have not.

Again, the adopted son doesn't become the one born to the one adopting, let alone his grandson.

Thus Jesus is our high priest.

Begging the question.

(Hebrews 6:20) "..Jesus, who has become a high priest in the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek forever.."

You can quote these verses all you want. It still doesn't change the fact that Christians are not Israel.

We Christians are the nation of Israel, namely Abraham's seed, have Jesus as our high priest (see also Romans 2:28,29 regarding gentiles being regarded as Jews)

See above.

I already did, John 4:23 that states true worshipers will worship the Father without mentioning Jesus or the HS. To you, a true worshipers should worship the Father, Son and HS, John 4:23 rejects this idea.

No, the question you asked was specific as it has to fulfill more than one point, that question being "Show us scripture where God tells us to worship His through a created being.", in the question you gave I would have had to have shown a verse where (1) God was speaking where he (2) gave instruction to worship through someone/something with that someone/something (3) showing to be a created thing according to the verse.

My question is reasonable, where does scripture state to worship Jesus, only one point needs to be proven.

Thank you for admitting that no scripture states to worship Jesus and being honest. If we have clear scripture that expresses only God is expected to be worshiped, namely John 4:23, then how can you go above scripture and say that Jesus and the HS should be placed in John 4:23 despite it not saying so?

What parts of the bible show contextually that true worshipers should worship Jesus and the HS despite John 4:23 stating worshipers only worship the Father?

If you next response to this post expresses such a lack of effort to my points and questions like this one you will not receive a reply.

genuineoriginal

It is not deranged to understand the shadow presented in the Old Testament that shows how the arrangement between Jesus and God works.

Genesis 41:38-44
38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
44 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.​

Just like Pharaoh did with Joseph, God has set Jesus up as the ruler over everything except God Himself.

1 Corinthians 15:27-28
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.​

genuineoriginal

No. It does not.
Isaiah 64:8 KJV does not say (what YOU say) "Jehovah is the father".
Isaiah 64:8 KJV says "O Lord, thou art our father".

[I was prompted to think of this by reading one of JudgeRightly's posts. Thanks, JR.:)]
The full text of the verse:

64:8 וְעַתָּה יְהוָה אָבִינוּ אָתָּה אֲנַחְנוּ הַחֹמֶר וְאַתָּה יֹצְרֵנוּ וּמַעֲשֵׂה יָדְךָ כֻּלָּֽנוּ׃​

These words, יְהוָה אָבִינוּ, literally translate to "Jehovah is our Father".
יְהוָה in the King James version is not translated as Jehovah, but is written as LORD (all caps).

So, yes, Isaiah 64:8 does say that Jehovah is our Father.

genuineoriginal

Did you read my post I alluded to in my last post to you? How can you asked me If I arguing "bodies being raised out of the ground" over them "coming to life" when the verse only mentions them "raising out of the ground" and NOT c"coming to life", it should be simple conclude which of the those two things are correct. Do you think its just a coincidence that an earthquake was mention precisely before the dead were raised out of the tombs? And no, it does not mentioned them walking and talking but simply that the bodies "went into the Holy City, where many people saw them", Jerusalem, if you have ever been or seen pictures is a hilly area, so they could have easily have rolled from the tombs into the city.

Matthew 27:51-53
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.​

The phrase "came out of the graves" could be mistaken to mean "fell out of open graves", but the word "arose" in the context of the verses shown cannot be mistaken for anything other than the dead coming to life.

arose g1453 ἐγείρω egeirō
  • to arouse, cause to rise
    • to arouse from sleep, to awake
    • to arouse from the sleep of death, to recall the dead to life
    • to cause to rise from a seat or bed etc.
    • to raise up, produce, cause to appear
      • to cause to appear, bring before the public
      • to raise up, stir up, against one
      • to raise up i.e. cause to be born
      • of buildings, to raise up, construct, erect

The other problem with your scenario is the word "appeared", which means "to show oneself" not "were seen".

appeared g1718 ἐμφανίζω emphanizō
  • to manifest, exhibit to view
  • to show one's self, come to view, appear, be manifest
  • to indicate, disclose, declare, make known

So, the passage is speaking clearly about dead people coming to life and showing themselves to many people in the city.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The full text of the verse:

64:8 וְעַתָּה יְהוָה אָבִינוּ אָתָּה אֲנַחְנוּ הַחֹמֶר וְאַתָּה יֹצְרֵנוּ וּמַעֲשֵׂה יָדְךָ כֻּלָּֽנוּ׃​

These words, יְהוָה אָבִינוּ, literally translate to "Jehovah is our Father".
יְהוָה in the King James version is not translated as Jehovah, but is written as LORD (all caps).

So, yes, Isaiah 64:8 does say that Jehovah is our Father.
You literally just agreed with 7s.

The assertion was that Isaiah 64:8 calls Jehovah "THE Father."

You are admitting that it DOES NOT say "THE Father," but rather says "OUR Father."

:dunce: = GenuineOriginal

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
The same as in this verse:

Luke 11:2
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.​

Indeed it is.

Now go count the numerous times that Jesus refers to "My Father" (55 times in the 4 'gospels') and NOT "Our Father" about His relationship with God.

There are only two occurrences of Jesus using the term "Our Father" and those both refer to a SINGULAR event where Jesus was teaching His disciples to pray to "Our Father".