Trade War with China

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
“Show me a source stating that "zipperhead" has to do with dead communists rather than those of Asian descent...”
Dead Asian communists :Commie:

“Was he talking to communists or Asians?”
In the movie? :yawn: I believe he was addressing second generation American hoodlums. Because they were Asian, he called them all zipperheads regardless of their political views.

Sidebar: We’ll call you a zipperhead when you join them. :Commie: Eccl 10:2, Eze 38,39.

Arthur Brain

And you do realize that the term as used in that movie is about Asians, not communists, right?

She probably thinks there's no difference Count...

Well I say "thinks". That would be giving her too much credit come to think on it...

:plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In the movie? :yawn: I believe he was addressing second generation American hoodlums. Because they were Asian, he called them all zipperheads regardless of their political views.

Yep. And the movie used the term correctly.

On the other hand you want it to be about communism.

:plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Would you like me to believe you?
I don't care if you do or not. But I suspect you don't.

Are you a member of the thought police? Eccl 10:2 :Commie:
No. Maybe the vocabulary police. Words have agreed upon meanings and it is good to follow those standards unless there is a compelling reason not to. You don't have a compelling reason to change zipperhead to be a political rather than a racial term. Confusion arises when people start creating new meanings for words.

As for the thought police, the thought in your head may have been about communism, but that is the wrong use of the word and I am correcting you.

I'd love to see you go to China or North Korea and call a group of people zipperheads. :chuckle:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I hope he’ll take :idea: this clue and run with it. :thumb: “Here is the truth: Every Communist dictator in the world has been a megalomaniacal, cult-of-personality, power-hungry, bloodthirsty thug…” Full text: In Vietnam, Hating Communism Anew: Seeing the Communist North induces outrage at the senseless deaths and historical lies by Dennis Prager

Here's another clue bird brain. 'Zipperhead' isn't a name directed at or associated with communists but is in fact a racial slur. That's akin to saying the "n" word is a slur against liberals. Get a grip.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Silence the critic? :Shimei:
No. It's about using the correct terminology. You can criticize all you want. Just use words appropriately.

Would you like communism in Amerika? :Commie: Eccl 10:2
Of course. I worship communism. :bow: Lenin

Is it correct to call every Asian a zipperhead regardless of his/her political view? :AMR:
It is correct as far as the term's use goes. That isn't to say I approve of using it though.

Arthur Brain

Take it up with Flukeman. :idunno: He wants to be a :idea: vocab policeman (Eccl 10:2). :Commie: He said they got it right in the movie Gran Torino. Maybe he’ll clarify :AMR: the legalities (Re 13:17).

They did get it right in Gran Turino. The character was referring to Asians in a derogatory manner. Not that I expect you to be honest enough to admit you're ignorant of the facts but you can't bluster your way out of this one. (Not that you've ever succeeded in doing that anyway)

:e4e: