Tom Tancredo on Pot

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is a weed hence the title.

However, similar to many other drugs like alcohol or cigars or coffee, much of the best marijuana needs very specific and careful care. It is not as simple as tossing some seeds on the ground and reaping what you sow. Sure you might get something but much of the hash requires good conditions, climate and care.

So, sure you can grow it on your own. You can grow your own tomatoes too. But if you want good tomatoes, you need to hit a store which can give extensive care to the crop it grows.

And we can also tax seed exchange if you like. But for most of the horticulture, money will need to exchange hands at some point.
You really need to get out more. Take a bicycle ride through Kentucky.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well hey that's what you get after 3 college courses involving Drugs, Addiction, and Foreign Studies... :plain:
Funny things is the VP debate which was held in Danville, Ky. The students at Centre College don't buy pot, they pick it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Answering this question for starters: Should an adult have the right to get drunk/intoxicated if they are in the privacy of their own home?
I'm pretty sure I already answered that question.

As I don't agree that the sale and consumption of alcohol should be illegal and it is impossible to enforce a law that would make it illegal to get drunk in private then it is pointless to make such a law. Although I think it is possible to enforce in some instances, such as parents getting drunk with their children in the house and no one there to look after the kids. That should be illegal and it is something that can be found out.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure I already answered that question.

As I don't agree that the sale and consumption of alcohol should be illegal and it is impossible to enforce a law that would make it illegal to get drunk in private then it is pointless to make such a law. Although I think it is possible to enforce in some instances, such as parents getting drunk with their children in the house and no one there to look after the kids. That should be illegal and it is something that can be found out.

If found out this situation would already be covered under child neglect/abuse laws. I don't see the need to create another one.