Tom Tancredo on Pot

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I didn't miss anything. He didn't say anything specifically about the legality of being drunk in your own home, just that such behavior can lead to behavior that may be criminal: negligence, putting first responders at risk, etc.
Seeing as how this is the only reason I posted to begin with and I've already spoken of where I stand on the issue; Bob specifically said he believes it should be illegal to get drunk in the privacy of one's own home. I heard him. You need to listen to it again.

WizardofOz

Seeing as how this is the only reason I posted to begin with and I've already spoken of where I stand on the issue; Bob specifically said he believes it should be illegal to get drunk in the privacy of one's own home. I heard him. You need to listen to it again.

I read the OP. I have read your posts. You reluctance seems to indicate that you do not necessarily agree with his position. ;)

Neither do I

Granite

Hall of Fame

Why am I not surprised.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Legalize recreational drugs and tax them. It is trading one set of evils for another, but it just might balance the budget!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Fair point but I would rather buy a 6-pack of my favorite beer than brew my own beer at home :idunno:

Im guessing the stoners would rather pick it up at a pot store instead of having to do what all is involved in growing pot too.

My point was that eesets question was dumb imo, because the same thing could be said for loads of things that are taxed.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
On marijuana, yes. Would it be a low blow to ponder on the possibility of your prior "sticky-icky" consumption and it's possible effects of memory loss?

I suppose it would. :plain:
So now you want to discuss prior consumption? We should stick to horticulture.

Memento Mori

So now you want to discuss prior consumption? We should stick to horticulture.

It is a weed hence the title.

However, similar to many other drugs like alcohol or cigars or coffee, much of the best marijuana needs very specific and careful care. It is not as simple as tossing some seeds on the ground and reaping what you sow. Sure you might get something but much of the hash requires good conditions, climate and care.

So, sure you can grow it on your own. You can grow your own tomatoes too. But if you want good tomatoes, you need to hit a store which can give extensive care to the crop it grows.

And we can also tax seed exchange if you like. But for most of the horticulture, money will need to exchange hands at some point.