toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Is Fast Food really that much cheaper over your way?

High calorie low nutrition content food (Although Chik-fil-A is a better offering than most) in general is cheaper over here. That's partly why our poor are so fat. :plain:

bk-drive-thru-scooter1.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chick-fil-a also supports PBS kids programming (you know that ebil leftist indoctrination to letters, numbers and dinosaurs riding trains). NOW what are you gonna do?

Did someone mention leftist indoctrination of children?

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owner's faith
'Our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage'

"The Jim Henson Co., owner of the widely promoted Muppets characters, says it won’t be working with Chick-fil-A any more based on the statement of Christian faith from the restaurant chief that he does not endorse homosexual marriage.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A (sic) that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” said a Facebook statement from the company. “Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A (sic) to GLAAD [ a homosexual promotion organization].”
http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/muppets-bash-chick-fil-a-over-owners-faith/?cat_orig=us

Don't cha just love homosexual "tolerance"?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Muncie or Noblesville. Too far to frequent. Maybe on occasion...

Did someone mention leftist indoctrination of children?

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owner's faith
'Our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage'

"The Jim Henson Co., owner of the widely promoted Muppets characters, says it won’t be working with Chick-fil-A any more based on the statement of Christian faith from the restaurant chief that he does not endorse homosexual marriage.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A (sic) that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” said a Facebook statement from the company. “Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A (sic) to GLAAD [ a homosexual promotion organization].”
http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/muppets-bash-chick-fil-a-over-owners-faith/?cat_orig=us

Don't cha just love homosexual "tolerance"?
What gets me is that "over 50 years" business. I highly doubt they've celebrated and embraced queers for that long.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, if there's one thing other than butchery, broad shoulders or wind that Chicago is known for, it's values. :plain: :rotfl:

Go figure. Chicago has a reputation for lying, cheating, thuggery and gangs.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, Chick-fil-A has said that they will never open a restaurant here in Vegas.

I have to drive to Utah just to get my fix.

I have heard that they are opening one in St. George, though, so I won't have to drive as far.

PureX

I was proud of Chicago for denying Walmart entry. That corporation is truly scum even among the whole cadre of corporate scum out there these days. But in this case I think ole' Mayor "Rahmulous" is deciding according to his own personal opinions which makes him no different than the heads of the corporation he's denying entry. I suppose, then, it's "tit-for-tat", but I think it's all just a bit silly.

Having lived in Chicago for many years, however, I predict it's somewhat of a mute issue, as Chicago has thousands of really good mom & pop restaurants that serve great food at a very reasonable cost. Anyone who eats at a fast food chain in Chicago is clearly just some fool tourist, anyway.

Except for the White Castles. There is nothing quite like the experience of going to the White Castle at Milwaukee and Armitage Ave. at 2:am for a bag full of sliders. Neither you nor your intestinal system will soon forget it. But that's a special exception.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was proud of Chicago for denying Walmart entry. That corporation is truly scum even among the whole cadre of corporate scum out there these days. But in this case I think ole' Mayor "Rahmulous" is deciding according to his own personal opinions which makes him no different than the heads of the corporation he's denying entry. I suppose, then, it's "tit-for-tat", but I think it's all just a bit silly.

Having lived in Chicago for many years, however, I predict it's somewhat of a mute issue, as Chicago has thousands of really good mom & pop restaurants that serve great food at a very reasonable cost. Anyone who eats at a fast food chain in Chicago is clearly just some fool tourist, anyway.

Except for the White Castles. There is nothing quite like the experience of going to the White Castle at Milwaukee and Armitage Ave. at 2:am for a bag full of sliders. Neither you nor your intestinal system will soon forget it. But that's a special exception.
So you're too young to remember the unfortunate "White Castle Power" ad campaign then. :plain:

Somebody really didn't think that one all the way through.

PureX

So you're too young to remember the unfortunate "White Castle Power" ad campaign then. :plain:

Somebody really didn't think that one all the way through.
We're talking about the company that invented the square miniature hamburger. So I figure it's all just part of the theater.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We're talking about the company that invented the square miniature hamburger. So I figure it's all just part of the theater.
That's how they get to you. :noid:

Like with Buddhism. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an "I".

What were we talking about again? :plain:

Nitro

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 24th, 2012 09:06 AM

toldailytopic: Will you eat at Chick-fil-A knowing they support traditional marriage?

chick-fil-a-logo.png

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Yes! and I hope Chick-fil-A does not back down.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes! and I hope Chick-fil-A does not back down.
But really, how big a market share do you think they stood to lose. :plain:

And did you really have to use the humongous sign that stretches the whole page into an annoyingly large mess?

Does anyone? :mmph:

PureX

Colbert calls out Chick-fil-A’s Facebook ‘sock puppet’

On Thursday night’s edition of “The Colbert Report,” host Stephen Colbert delved into the controversy over Chick-fil-A’s anti-LGBT politics and their poorly-thought-out defense strategy of creating a phony teenage defender on Facebook.

Since Chick-fil-A founder Dan Cathy announced that he was “guilty as charged” of pledging millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups and averred that his company is run on “Biblical principles,” LGBT activists and others have taken action against the fast food chain. Jim Henson’s Muppets have ended a business relationship with the restaurants and the mayors of Boston and Chicago have announced their intentions to fight the company’s efforts to expand in their cities.

“Thankfully,” said Colbert, “People are stepping up to defend Chick-fil-A. For example, innocent teenager Abby Farle.”

Farle is a teenage girl who took to Facebook to stick up for the embattled restaurant chain. She also happens to be completely fake.

Apparently, Chick-fil-A decided it needed to take some emergency PR action, and allegedly created a fake Facebook account for the teen. The company denies the charge, but as Colbert noted, Abby Farle’s Facebook account was only one day old when she went on her cyber crusade to defend the company. Also, and most damningly, Farle’s profile photo was a stock photo from Shutterstock, the popular online image archive.

In Internet parlance, a fake persona created by someone to defend themselves is called a “sock puppet.” There have been a few notorious instances of sock puppetry over the years, including the sad tale of Lee Siegel, who created the identity “Sprezzatura” to attack his detractors and insist that Siegel was “brave, brilliant and wittier than Stewart will ever be.” Siegel’s career has never recovered from the incident. - link here

Colbert-on-Chick-Fil-A-615x345.png

Good to see a corporation with such high moral standards.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, I know they support traditional marriage and a fine peach milk shake, for a limited time only. :thumb:

Though in fairness I think only the milkshake is limited.

That and the leadership's tolerance. :think:
41Xn96tw-JL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Don't make this little girl cry. Support your local Chic-fil-A!

Even if that photo might make her seem a little "stocky". :plain:

Or maybe it's the milkshake.

Last edited: