toldailytopic: Why (or why not) do you support TheologyOnline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 24th, 2010 10:18 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

elohiym

Even though I had been a Christian for some time, I had not really come to Christ. It was my participation here 7 years ago that contributed to me finally coming to Christ. In a very real sense, TOL was part of my conversion.

I support TOL because I hope others will be as blessed as I have been by participating here.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Even though I had been a Christian for some time, I had not really come to Christ. It was my participation here 7 years ago that contributed to me finally coming to Christ. In a very real sense, TOL was part of my conversion.

I support TOL because I hope others will be as blessed as I have been by participating here.
Wow! Really?? That is such a blessing to hear. Thank you!!! :up:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I support TOL for one simple reason: I enjoy the community, it's members and want to see it succeed.

So yeppers, on my part, my support of TOL is due to selfishness! :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I support TOL for one simple reason: I enjoy the community, it's members and want to see it succeed.

So yeppers, on my part, my support of TOL is due to selfishness! :)
Awe... thank you! You ave become a integral part of the TOL community. I have told you before that I always make a point to read your posts because they are usually "killer"!! :up:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because the gospel is preached and not censored. Members trying to pervert it does not count.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of Jesus Christ has a voice on TOL. For that, I am thankful, plus I am soon to celebrate an entire year ban-free! October 2nd is my celebration day!

Nang

Newman

I like it because it is (or approximates) a real marketplace of ideas.

The one-liner comments under YouTube videos make me sick.

The TV news media is always biased one way or another and only seeks to get people angry or excited.

Walking up to random strangers and talking about politics or theology is awkward and socially unacceptable.

Engaging my friends in the same topics is useless, either because we are like-minded or they don't care. My opposite minded friends don't listen when I talk politics or theology.

TOL usually avoids these negative things. Props.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because I use it just about everyday.

BTW:

Giving $100.00 annually to TOL equals $0.27 cents per day.

What else does $0.27 cents buy these days?

You can’t even buy one cigarette for $0.27 cents.

Selaphiel

I support (or will soon) TOL because I enjoy it here. I get to see things from multiple perspectives here and I have gained some online friends who I appreciate and who have taught me important things in my dialogues with them.
If I had a job I would go for a better subscription, but student economy do not allow for it I'm afraid :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I do it because I enjoy my time at TOL and I value the people. I've gained some friends here, at least as much as you can be through the interweb. It has stretched me greatly and I have learned a lot. I love getting a variety of perspectives on things. When I gain so much from it, it only seems natural to give some support back.

Thunder's Muse

Well, I (will-when money comes in) support TOL because...well, TOL is where I feel most at home. I have made some amazing friends over the last few years, who have blessed me so completely. I have been challenged on a few issues, which causes me to think and re-evaluate. I found God through TOL..the greatest gift ever....

In short, TOL is where I spend most of my time online and I'd like to give a little back :)

Son of Jack

I support TOL because I have been able to refine my thinking and even change some of my views. Many people here saw me, in some sense, through a very tough time of my life. I wish I could do more to support this place, but my family's financial situation has been tenuous at best for the past few years.

I'm just glad I was able to subscribe this past year.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.