toldailytopic: Who was Jesus?

exminister

I came across this in some files, I've seen different versions of "Who was Jesus" or "Who is Jesus" and I don't recall where I got it.

So I'll post this "Unknown" or "anonymous" in three parts...

From Genesis to Revelation

"Who is this Jesus?''

Consider these themes from the thirty-nine six books

Jesus In the Old Testament…

• In Genesis, He is the Creator God
  • In Exodus, He is the Redeemer
  • In Leviticus, He is the High Priest
  • In Numbers, He is our light and guide
  • In Deuteronomy, He is our teacher
  • In Joshua, He is the mighty conqueror
  • In Judges, He gives victory over enemies
  • In Ruth, He is our Kinsman-Redeemer
  • In I Samuel, He is the Root of Jesse
  • In 2 Samuel, He is the Son of David
  • In Kings, He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords
  • In Chronicles, He is our reigning King
  • In Ezra, He is our Faithful Scribe
  • In Nehemiah, He is our Rebuilder
  • In Esther, He is our Mordecai
  • In Job, He is our Ever-Living Redeemer
  • In Psalms, He is our Shepherd and Song
  • In Proverbs, He is our Wisdom
  • In Ecclesiastes, He is our time and purpose
  • In the Song of Solomon, He is our Lover
  • In Isaiah, He is our everything
  • In Jeremiah, He is our balm of Gilead
  • In Lamentations, He is the Ever-Faithful One
  • In Ezekiel, He is our wheel in a wheel
  • In Daniel, He is the Fourth Man
  • In Hosea, He is the Faithful Husband
  • In Joel, He is our Refuge
  • In Amos, He is our Burden-Bearer
  • In Obadiah, He is the Mighty to Save
  • In Jonah, He is our Salvation
  • In Micah, He is the Messenger
  • In Nahum, He is the our Avenger
  • In Habakkuk, He is the Holy One
  • In Zephaniah, He is the Witness
  • In Haggai, He is the Restorer
  • In Zechariah, He is Lord of Hosts, the Fountain
  • Malachi, the Sun of Righteous

Song of Solomon? How odd. That one needs work.

keypurr

Jesus did claim to be God. He let people call Him God. Like the Pharisees, you reject this claim (but at least they understood Jewish Jesus and wanted to stone Him for claiming to be God...Jesus did not correct them).

Jn. 1:1; Jn. 8:58; Jn. 5:18; Jn. 10:30-33; Jn. 20:28, etc.

GR, if you see Jesus saying he is God in these verses it tells me you will twist any verse to match you false picture of Jesus. Jesus never said he is God. Your famous John one tells you that the word was with God, Christ is the word, not Jesus. You must see the difference between Christ and Jesus. The man and the spirit in that man.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
serpentdove: I never said He emptied Himself of His Deity, so you are misunderstanding/misrepresenting me and attacking a straw man.

Get the personal chip of your shoulder, get the bee out of your bonnet, get the bat out of your belfry.:bang:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The express image of God is NOT a man, it is a spirit.
Sorry, your wrong.

Hebrews 1
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

keypurr

Sorry, your wrong.

Hebrews 1
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

The original son is a spirit, Christ. Christ was not born in Bethlehem. Jesus was. Christ was with God before the worlds were made. Christ is the son. Listen to my words, God sent his son, he had to have a son in order to SEND a son. Jesus is also his son, Jesus is his human son.

God is not a man, neither is his express image.

Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

What was he before he took the likeness of man?
He was a spirit like God himself.

keypurr

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET"?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Christ is a spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET"?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Christ is a spirit.
The verses here mention angels. Jesus is not an angel.

oatmeal

Since Jesus Christ is referred to in every book of the Bible, a complete description would be a bit lengthy.

Suffice it to say that he is the anointed one, the son of the living God

oatmeal

Granite

Hall of Fame
Since Jesus Christ is referred to in every book of the Bible, a complete description would be a bit lengthy.

Suffice it to say that he is the anointed one, the son of the living God

oatmeal

:rotfl:

Are you huffing glue, or something?

oatmeal

:rotfl:

Are you huffing glue, or something?

Evidently, you disagree?

Can you show me a book where Jesus Christ is not referred to in some manner.

I am not suggesting that the name "Jesus" shows up in every book of the Bible, but that he is referred to in every book of the scriptures. He is after all the subject of the scriptures starting with Genesis 3:15.

We know God by knowing His son, we know His son by knowing scriptures.

Even in books like Esther, where there is no mention of God what so ever, it is clear that God is involved and that there is a foreshadowing of the life of Jesus Christ in the wisdom and actions of both Mordecai and Esther.

oatmeal

Letsargue

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 6th, 2012 11:39 AM

jesus.png

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Jesus is the Savior, or the total Word of God. - The Gospel is the Seed of the Total Word of God. Jesus Christ is that Seed as He lived and walked in the flesh. – Jesus was the Word of the New Testament. -- The New Testament is the Old Testament slain, Anointed, and Resurrected. All is God and is the Anointed Truth / Word of God alive evermore!!

Paul – 120912

Dena

Even in books like Esther, where there is no mention of God what so ever, it is clear that God is involved and that there is a foreshadowing of the life of Jesus Christ in the wisdom and actions of both Mordecai and Esther.

Yes, it's about as obvious as Jesus being mentioned in my copy of The Clueless Vegetarian cookbook. I mean, I'm sure he's in there somewhere.

Dena

I would be happy to share with you the things that Yeshua has done for me; the times He has carried me when I couldn't walk by myself; the places He has delivered me from; the emptiness He has filled; the dreams He has given me and the hope I cling to. Myths don't accomplish that.

What we believe to be true is very, very powerful. Whether it's a belief about God, religion, our family, our husbands, our parents, ourselves...