toldailytopic: When TOL was down what did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wasn't the car too hot? I went into a nice lake and swam a little.

We didn't go until after 8 PM. I had other things to do earlier. I'm usually not on TOL all day. I save my night-time hours for that, unless I'm worn out by the heat (like tonight).

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Updated some software that needed it. Did some more digging into a research project. ToL going MIA advanced the sched for the day.

Ps82

I kept checking, because I missed it - but I cooked at least one extra special dinner for my husband and me; therefore, I ate too much!

I am gardening now ... so I already have some competition for my usual TOL routine.

Thanks Knight for all you do to make this a great forum.

Son of Jack

I had one of the best days I've had in about a year.:D

I listened to two lectures by Peter Kreeft, read some of Orthodoxy by Chesterton and Phantastes by George MacDonald, played with the kids, ate out with the family, and watched a lovely sunset.

Aimiel

Replaced our hot-water-heater with a new one. Repaired our 'water hammer' which was driving me nuts. The pipes throughout the house would vibrate if you turned the hot water on at a low speed, or if either faucet were turned off too quickly from a full stream. I added a pipe in the basement to our water supply, which points upward, but has no connection other than a cap at the end. The result is: that pipe stays full of air, giving the water in our house a place to relieve excess pressure rather than shaking the house's plumbing and making loud vibrating sounds in our walls.

Oh, yeah, and I only burned myself three times, soldering the fittings. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I had one of the best days I've had in about a year.:D

I listened to two lectures by Peter Kreeft, read some of Orthodoxy by Chesterton and Phantastes by George MacDonald, played with the kids, ate out with the family, and watched a lovely sunset.
Is there a large body of still, fresh water anywhere near you? You might want to check it out...:plain:

The Graphite

What did I do while TOL was done?

• Denial
  • Anger
  • Bargaining
  • Depression
  • Acceptance

Actually, I went to a Rockies baseball game with DdevonB and some other friends. Whooped the Diamondbacks! :thumb:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
No problem. I visited a lot of other cool websites ,blogs and forums, just as I always do. And I posted at my own classicalmusic blog The Horn, at blogiversity.org. If you like classical music,or don't listen to it but are curious to learn about it,try it.
There are blogs on a wide variety of topics there, and just click on The Horn there to access my blog.

Son of Jack

Is there a large body of still, fresh water anywhere near you? You might want to check it out...:plain:

I think the Bible is clear on this point, TH. The first shall be last. So, by all means, after you. Age before beauty and all that.:D

Too many gators and snakes in the Reservoir for me.:chuckle:

keypurr

I played with my iPad and found another forum. The iPad forum looks just like this one. Same creator?? Could be, it is set up the same way.

Knight are you moonlighting?

Dena

I personally had a horrible few days but I did notice TOL was down. I just had no idea why.

rainee

Was TOL out?

When was TOL down?

I was sick and thought I was practically dying for a bit --
Are y'all saying while I was gone you guys had TOL down????

Are you kidding me?

C'mon - please tell me!

I was miserable and - and - and -- like -- the world like almost stopped?

No wonder no one missed me...

Wait - WAIT
do you think it was like because I was missing??

Aint no TOL sunshine when I'm gone??

(Please don't ban me Knight! JUST KIDDING!)

What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.